Sony TV and PC monitor help

Pivo504

2[H]4U
So I have my PC hooked up to a dell 27 inch 1440p which is my main rig monitor. This same GPU is also hooked up to a big screen 55 inch Sony tv via HDMI cable. When everything is connected it will not allow me to run my main PC monitor @ its native res of 1440p but only the Sony TVs native res of 1080p...The only way it allows me to run native res of the Dell monitor is when I unplug the hdmi cord in the gpu or tv. Is there a way around this so I dont have to unplug the cord all the time? Appreciate the help!

Do you have the picture cloned? If yes then you are forced to use the same resolution. Try the expanded screen option instead.

Yes at first I had duplicate these displays. But now I changed it to extend these displays...But will that fix the problem say if I want to run a game on the Sony TV 1080p and not the 1440p PC monitor?
I do not see the expanded screen option?

Sorry, I cant help there. My experience with multiscreen gaming is limited. No idea how to define what monitor you want to use when gaming etc...

Any risk your i5's intel integrated gpu is actually managing this ?
I'm saying this because I had the surprise to see this recently on some people's Win 7 to 10 computers with intel + nVidia equipment; the display management was handled like on those Optimus laptops: the intel igpu always taking care of displaying the desktop and all, the nvidia gpu taking care only of the real deal (games etc).
Yup even on desktop pc's.

intel igpu's are capricious crap, in extended mode you sometimes have to set the output resolutions again, but it won't always let you do it because preset resolutions are available instead of the display's real.
One example using my laptop: hot-plugging my TV fixes the issue (!)

Dunno, just speculating.
Could also be your gpu's control panel acting, the first time I've plugged my Sony TV on my 750Ti, the control panel labelled it display #1 for good, and the pc would always start on the HDMI out instead of DVI. No way to fix that but reinstall the drivers.
*ragepalm*

I dont know if it is how can I find out? Ive never used the integrated GPU & actually ever since I installed my Asus 970 the integrated Intel GPU does not even function anymore when I Plug it into HDMI lol

Back