Sony State if Play 09/24/19

vegeta535

[H]F Junkie
So it was meh til the end where last of us 2 got a new trailer and a release date of 02/21/20. Can't wait. Game of the year.

Just bumped the TLOU 2 thread for it, but I'll post the only relevant part here too, hah.

Last edited:
Looks cool, just like I figured. I hope it's more fun to play than the first one, though. Kinda like RDR2, I found TLoU to be a great story saddled with a so-so game. Things got good as you got closer to the end, but I started and bailed on the game 3 times before I finally got past the 2-3 hour mark.

Looks cool, just like I figured. I hope it's more fun to play than the first one, though. Kinda like RDR2, I found TLoU to be a great story saddled with a so-so game. Things got good as you got closer to the end, but I started and bailed on the game 3 times before I finally got past the 2-3 hour mark.

Wonder if you've played the Uncharted games then and how you liked those since they were a bit more about game play and slightly less about narrative (or at least less dark and emotional). I really liked the game play in TLOU, esp. online which surprised me given that I generally don't like multiplayer games. I've heard from several others that it was a bit too slow and the stealth was too frustrating for them though, so I guess you have to be a somewhat patient person to play through these types of games. For me though, I really like to crawl through games like this and explore every nook of the detailed environments while also trying out several different ways to either clear or stealth through an area.

Wonder if you've played the Uncharted games then and how you liked those since they were a bit more about game play and slightly less about narrative (or at least less dark and emotional). I really liked the game play in TLOU, esp. online which surprised me given that I generally don't like multiplayer games. I've heard from several others that it was a bit too slow and the stealth was too frustrating for them though, so I guess you have to be a somewhat patient person to play through these types of games. For me though, I really like to crawl through games like this and explore every nook of the detailed environments while also trying out several different ways to either clear or stealth through an area.

I absolutely love the Uncharted games. They're far more up my alley. I don't care for stealth games, especially when your character suddenly becomes ridiculously defenseless or instantly dead when caught. It has been a little while, but I recall the last 1/2 of TLoU no longer being as stealth-heavy. Dare I say I actually enjoyed the latter areas. Starting a game off with a bunch of forced stealth missions is a quick way to lose me either way.

State "if" Play. Freudian slip? Because there wasn't a whole lot in there I was interested in. I'm excited for the MediEvil remake because I always wanted to play it, but never had a chance to with the original.

TLOU had a great story, but the gameplay was pretty disappointing. A game that isn't fun to play isn't GOTY material in my book. Don't forget Cyberpunk 2077 comes out just a month after TLOU2.

Morbidly curious to see how Civ6 is going to play on a console.

State "if" Play. Freudian slip? Because there wasn't a whole lot in there I was interested in. I'm excited for the MediEvil remake because I always wanted to play it, but never had a chance to with the original.

TLOU had a great story, but the gameplay was pretty disappointing. A game that isn't fun to play isn't GOTY material in my book. Don't forget Cyberpunk 2077 comes out just a month after TLOU2.

Morbidly curious to see how Civ6 is going to play on a console.

Final Fantasy VII remake is March 3rd too. Next year is going to keep me busy.

Back