Sony removes Cyberpunk from the PS playstore

Even though I thought the PS4 version would be shabby, I still wanted it to be good.

A huge portion of the market are on last gen consoles, it's a pretty big miss to not have them at least at a 30 fps baseline.

Yes, I've thrown thousands at my computer just to be able to be lucky to get 60 fps. But it looks gorgeous, second to none.

For me, that was worth it, but I understand most people outside this forum aren't like that. It's sad they can't play the game as it was intended.

Sad they've made a ton of money off this so many higher-ups will just look at it as a win, clink their wine glasses, and no real lesson is learned. The devs and gamers are the only ones who feel the pain or disappointment

I don't think it was a mistake. Everyone working there probably knew how raw the build was. It was a calculated risk.

Meaning, their stock price and brand/image may have been hurt by a multi-month delay. Plus all the lost sales during the holidays.

They also have to be in production in advance, it would be very costly to recall millions of discs already on their way to stores.

I bet they were banking on the day 1 patch fixing everything, but it was too risky a bet.

Even so, the game will likely be mostly fixed in 2 months, and it has sold well and will probably still sell to all those people that got refunds since many of them still want to play a working game.

Good. Next time when they say “it will ship when it’s ready” maybe they’ll remember this and stick to it, instead of trying to push it out before it’s done just to get the sweet end of year sales numbers.

still doesn’t help anyone who bought the game and can’t play it, though. I’d like to see them offer discs with the patches on them, once they’re out of “gold beta”, for console gamers who don’t have a way to download them. They probably won’t though, until the eventual “game of the year” re-release in a couple years. Which will have all the dlc included and will have to be bought again.

Good. Next time when they say “it will ship when it’s ready” maybe they’ll remember this and stick to it, instead of trying to push it out before it’s done just to get the sweet end of year sales numbers.

still doesn’t help anyone who bought the game and can’t play it, though. I’d like to see them offer discs with the patches on them, once they’re out of “gold beta”, for console gamers who don’t have a way to download them. They probably won’t though, until the eventual “game of the year” re-release in a couple years. Which will have all the dlc included and will have to be bought again.
In the long future, when sony has cancelled ps4 updates, my OG launch day version can disappoint again.

The founders lost $1 Billion dollars in worth because of the debacle. I'd be pretty disappointed to lose even a fraction of that.

https://phonemantra.com/cd-projekt-...t-1-billion-following-cyberpunk-2077-release/
Well, they haven't technically lost money until they sell their stock, which they're not going to do. It'll bounce back.

Love it or hate it, this game is the new Skyrim in terms of huge open world RPG that's buggy at launch, but becomes a classic after it's patched, and continues crazy high sustained sales and concurrent users on Steam charts for years.

Once the clickbait industrial complex and the doom headlines have milked every drop and moved on to the next big thing, a few more patches and this game will be celebrated for the classic that it is. PC version I mean. Console, hoo boy.

Last edited:
LOL! No, because people will still buy it in huge numbers. There's no penalty for this other than some effectively meaningless bad publicity.

LOL! No, because people will still buy it in huge numbers. There's no penalty for this other than some effectively meaningless bad publicity.
New York-based Rosen Law Firm has filed a class action complaint in a California court on behalf of investors seeking to recover damages stemming from Cyberpunk 2077’s controversial and bug-ridden launch, alleging that the company released “materially false and misleading statements” over the course of its development to hide the game’s broken state.

“Lawyers are seeking an unnamed amount of damages for investors.
In the news release published Thursday, Rosen Law Firm — which specializes in ‘global investor rights’ — asked investors interested in joining the litigation to contact the firm.”

Polygon wrote in its coverage

Rosen Law Firm’s class action complaint follows Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP’s announcement regarding a potential securities class action lawsuit against CD PROJEKT earlier this week, which similarly alleges “materially misleading information” that confused both shareholders and the public.

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/1...ing-class-action-lawsuit-over-cyberpunk-2077/

EDIT:
there are still steps in the process before this becomes an official class action (judge needs to deem it so by certifying the class), just fyi!!

https://twitter.com/sweetpotatoes/status/1342228288752799744?s=20

EDIT 2:
This is not about the success or failure of the game Cyberpunk, but the information coming out of the company & its accuracy so people investing money can make an informed decision.

Even if CDPR stock rebounded and the stock prices rose to higher then what they were before launch a case could still be made because the original information was incorrect and investors didn’t have the accurate information.

This is a law suit fishing for clients.
Investors ought to have bought stock in the company in the previous 11 months

EDIT 4:
CDPR’s American Depositary receipts fell 25% in the three days after #Cyberpunk2077 was released on Dec-10

They fell another 16% after Sony removed the game from its Playstation store on Dec-18

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic

Last edited:
Well, they haven't technically lost money until they sell their stock, which they're not going to do. It'll bounce back.

Love it or hate it, this game is the new Skyrim in terms of huge open world RPG that's buggy at launch, but becomes a classic after it's patched, and continues crazy high sustained sales and concurrent users on Steam charts for years.

Once the clickbait industrial complex and the doom headlines have milked every drop and moved on to the next big thing, a few more patches and this game will be celebrated for the classic that it is. PC version I mean. Console, hoo boy.

Pretty much. It seemed like a bad launch, but most of the major issues seem to be patched on PC. Their rate of bug fixes has been decently fast. I think we'll see a hot fix or two before the first major patch in January, would should fix most major issues on the PC side of things. I think at that point consoles will see some improvement but sounds like February will be when consoles get where they need to be.

All things considered it wasn't that bad. Right under 2 weeks to fix most critical bugs. That isn't all that uncommon. The difference is this game had a lot of hype, extreme amounts of marketing and lots of delays and goodwill. But there are countless games that are rough but mostly patched 7-14 days post release.

🥺😦😥😢🤧😭CDPR, I am so sorry. You have wounds inflicted by the great mighty ones. They are out for your blood, for your very soul. The battle cry of the terrifying ones is heard coming down the mountains, they are swarming the hills. Not a single spot of dirt is visible for they have gathered in great numbers. They will not negotiate.

You have always prevailed in the past, but alas!! They seek to shatter your very foundation from under your feet. Who can survive? O woe unto the. The gamers mourn your withering health as the inflections are too deep to bear. The wounds cannot be healed any longer...

The sorrow is deep in the hearts of the gamers once the news hath come of the legendary being stricken. The shedding of tears is overwhelming, who will soothe them? The cries of the earth can be heard to the ends of the mountains! As the gigantic volcano eruption of krakatoa, the weeping resonates over the magnitudes of the mountain tops and travels down the valleys. One asks, "who has been slain? And the other answers: "the mightiest if the mighty has been, mate.." and both begin singingthe melancholy songs as the rest of the village is gathering to entrench themselves in the great mourning of the lost forever...

View attachment 312551

Farewell dear friend...
Always alive in our hearts nd never forgotten..🥺❤

LOL that pic gave me a chuckle. They'll be fine, they fubard the PS4 and XBoxO launch but lets hope they can make it right.

It is hard to tell, but there must be an opportunity cost has a penalty at least.

The penalty of this badlaunch is maybe significantly lower than the penalty of an other 3-6 month delay and still a good decision, but there could be many penalty.

- The pre-sales were so huge because of the trailers, giant marketing campaign and so on, but from the Witcher 3 studio was probably part of it (would it be the extreme amount of free and ultra positive coverage the game got for years), maybe the next one pre-launch coverage will be less generous.
- The sales/stock value would have been better with a perfect launch versus this one for sure (opportunity cost) and the free coverage of the next title would have been even that much better

People will still buy it in huge numbers, but with a flawless launch it would have been even "hugier" numbers, specially net of refunds one numbers.

way back before some of you were born we used to get shareware that we could play and it served 2 purposes

a. tease us with a game
b. bug reporting

Generally speaking by the time we got releases games were SOLID and while patches did come, they generally resolved minor issues and gave even better performance (support for newer hard ware released)

oh my how things have changed in the last 25 years of gaming.... you young fellas have no idea what release quality should be... If you want to still get poopy games on release keep buying them on launch day as you pay to be guanine pigs.

you got 2 major consoles using x86 and they ARE USING THE SAME VENDOR'S HARDWARE (AMD) and they SILL SCREW IT UP

Or, you know, consoles before the PS3, where there weren't even patches. You got the game on release, that was it.
That seemed to put more developer skin on the game back then, not these half baked releases with attempts to fix in the field. there are many industries out there that use the consumer sale as their R&D.

Or, you know, consoles before the PS3, where there weren't even patches. You got the game on release, that was it.
While partly true, later production runs of said games would come patched and would be later versions than the earlier production and press runs.
It didn't happen all of the time, but you are correct in that when a game released it was about as good as it was going to get (though not always, like Bubsy 3D), aka, no take-backs.

They are now being sued by investors over misleading statements.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...tors-sue-company-over-cyberpunk-2077-debacle/

Their defense appears to be:

"We underestimated the scale and complexity of the issues, we ignored the signals about the need for additional time to refine the game on the base last-gen consoles," Kiciński said in a conference call.

"We were updating the game on last-gen consoles until the very last minute, and we thought we’d make it in time," joint-CEO Marcin Iwiński said in the same call. "Unfortunately, this resulted in giving it to reviewers just one day before the release, which was definitely too late, and the media didn’t get the chance to review it properly. That was not intended; we were just fixing the game until the very last moment."

Translated roughly, that is basically, “gee you guys, we were really trying so hard!”

Yeah, but it's true. They probably thought they can fix it, and clearly they didn't have the time.

In some ways, this was deceiving, they really could have just delayed the game by a few months, but they went all-in and got busted.

Back