Sony removes Cyberpunk from the PS playstore

But your fix isn't really true (assuming NMS = No Man's Sky). The big difference being the amount of goodwill CDPR cultivated with the Witcher 3. Even Blizzard in their heyday didn't enjoy the kind of love on the part of consumers that they showed towards CDPR in the wake of the Witcher 3. Though all the crunch stuff did start to ding CDPR's rep before 2077's release. So I guess we were eased into having a more negative view of the company.

Hello Games was almost a complete unknown going into NMS, so there wasn't much of a betrayal of trust there. A purchase of NMS was one of pure faith.

Those are good points, agreed, though I think both cases are very similar - in both cases, user purchases were made on the basis of marketing promises/lies. Hence the anger.

Well, the good part about gaming on PC is that you have control over the settings, can change config files, hex edit, download mods, etc.

So even bad ports can sometimes be alleviated on PC because you have some knobs to push and might be able to get it running on lower settings. On the base consoles, you have no option. So if performance is crap, well take it or leave it.
So, because I can alleviate some of the worst aspects because I decided to build a computer instead of buying a console, it's ok for me to get a bad port. But, because you made the choice for a console, all game devs should cater specifically to consoles and if it's ported to PC, well, they can fix it?

So, because I can alleviate some of the worst aspects because I decided to build a computer instead of buying a console, it's ok for me to get a bad port. But, because you made the choice for a console, all game devs should cater specifically to consoles and if it's ported to PC, well, they can fix it?
I believe he meant that as the possibility of a bandaid, not an excuse for the developer.

this is the reality that gamers have shown publishers they support, yes.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
i

sony and MS thought that giving people a playable version on the old consoles, being that they get a free upgrade to next gen, would help boost sales of next gen hardware. Similar to how things work on PC. So you can't put the blame solely on CDPR. You know everyone was pushing them to release it on not only last-gen but, shall we say, trash-gen? Heck i have a buddy that says he's playing it on last gen Xbox and is still having a blast and is not refunding it and says it's not as bad as people are making it out to be. and that was before yesterday's patch. Could be extra back lash from the, uh, alphabet people being they were wanting the game cancelled to begin with because of the trans person in a background ad in the game? or people that are watching u-tube videos that people posted of the unpatched version that was leaked two weeks before release and haven't even actually played the game?

idk, you be the judge. for as many vids as you can post of crappy performance i can post vids of people getting excellent performance. Thing is you just may not be able to play w/ Ultra settings & RTX on. Just the way it is. They future proofed the graphics. Same way it was w/ original Crytek stuff and other titles that push the boundaries of what's possible. It'll just give you a reason to fire it back up when you get your shiny new GPU another year from now to see what how much cooler it looks.. just the way it goes. people have just gotten spoiled over the last decade of the rate of tech inovation and think their old hardware was gonna last forever. well welcome to PC. :) time to upgrade yo shiz, bruh.

No one is really complaining about PC performance, generally speaking it’s scaling well.

The issue is last gen systems. Sony/MS could have just as easily delayed their systems until 2021. CDPR would not have waited until then so that would have left them with just the PC and last gen consoles.

They want to tap into that 200 million console base.

You can’t blame Sony or MS. Their certification process does not go into how the games perform or anything like that. I think Yongyea did a video explaining it but most should know it by now. There’s all sorts of bad games that crash or perform well below expectations. Battlemage and that panther game come to mind.

The only reason this one is different is because unlike those, this game had hundreds of thousands of people demanding refunds and not just a couple dozen.

At least now, everyone can hope the January patch fixes things. And also PS4 Pro/PS5 users can enjoy the game.
I'm sure they are working on it. :D

Strip20201218a.x44380.png

Well, if you’re comparing those to a PS4, which was $400, hmm...
They can also play Cyberpunk 2077. So, hmm...
Let’s just assume you run Linux on all of them to remove the cost of a windows license. so in your first example I assume you got the motherboard, ram, storage, case and power supply for $10
I run Linux because I hate Windows. The price of ram, storage, power supply and case were not $10, obviously. If you're building a PC right now the price of these items are not expensive. SSD's have fallen in price, and ram is still relatively cheap where you can find 16GB for $50.
JhTTFWu.jpg
and your second system you were able to get the rest of those parts for $100.

and your third example is just a floating processor and gpu with none of those parts, so it won’t work at all.
Obviously I'm listing the most important parts. Doesn't matter anyway because you can't build a decent gaming PC today for cheap, because prices are out of control. I imagine Europeans have it much worse now.
Correct. Because the console is a better value for gaming than an equivalently-priced PC.
Nope. You can't find a PS5 for $500 either. Just the situation of COVID. Someone who has a Intel 2600k with a GTX 970 will still be able to play Cyberpunk 2077 and still spent less than a PS4 with a subscription to play games online from 2014 to 2020.
whether or not you can actually get one for SRP right now doesn’t factor into it - plenty of people already got them for $500, and as supply evens out plenty more will be able to do the same. And the equivalent PC will still be an i3 with a 4gb video card.
Plenty of people got RTX 3070's for $500, doesn't mean anything when scalpers want $850 for them and there are zero to be found in stores right now.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You are trying so, so hard to not have to admit it, and I admire your willful ignorance.

you can’t build a whole PC for $500 that would be better off than a PS5 or XSX in five years (or five days, for that matter). Jump through whatever hoops you need to convince yourself otherwise, and at the end of 2025 let’s see how well that i3 / gtx 1650 setup is doing compared to the consoles.

You are trying so, so hard to not have to admit it, and I admire your willful ignorance.
Uh-huh.
you can’t build a whole PC for $500 that would be better off than a PS5 or XSX in five years (or five days, for that matter).
Will probably take 5 years to buy one for $500.
Jump through whatever hoops you need to convince yourself otherwise, and at the end of 2025 let’s see how well that i3 / gtx 1650 setup is doing compared to the consoles.
You built that PC not me but it'll still run Cyberpunk 2077.

I did the 26 dollar deal for the game and I’m not terribly impressed at all. The movement and controls feel off. Gun play is bad, graphics are not that impressive. I’m not sure if it’s the texture work or models but the only thing “impressive” is the lighting obviously.

I’m on PC and haven’t had many issues. Just a few crashes on boot.

When even the Sony President says the haters of older consoles are idiots and will still support the PS4 going forward.

https://www.techspot.com/news/88039-sony-commits-supporting-ps4-longer-than-did-ps3.html
Since the PS5 isn't available, the only logical choice would be to continue to support the PS4, at least for the time being.
It isn't like Sony has much of a choice, at least not without looking like utter fools.

Also, the PS3 was supported for well over a decade, so Sony has quite a bit further to go before that claim becomes reality.

Uh they never completely cut support for previous console once the news one come out. They will keep PSN and stuff running for years. Just expect less and less games to be coming out for it. After 2 years the only games they will release on the old console are the yearly sports games.

Lack of availability of ps5 creates an unprecedented (and unfortunate) generational performance gap that cp77 fell victim to.

Taco feel saddened for cdpr. Alas, the mighty has been slain by the sword of the strong ones

Regardless of PS5 lack of availability there are not that many new games coded for it yet. CDPR messed up but will make it right eventually. My post was for the haters of why bother coding or what did you expect on the older hardware fools. Except for the almighty dollar this could have been prevented and may have been even more beneficial monetary wise in the long run.

These games are hardly comparable to Cyberpunk and it's frankly a disingenuous comparison. I've played a lot more AAA games with a lot more bugs (Assassin's Creed series I'm looking at you...) with less content and of course journalists look the other way.
AC Valhalla runs fine. What are you talking about? What AAA game has released on ps4 that even scratch the surface compared to the shitshow currently going on?

You do realize this is a playstation related thread right?

AC Valhalla runs fine. What are you talking about? What AAA game has released on ps4 that even scratch the surface compared to the shitshow currently going on?

You do realize this is a playstation related thread right?
PS4 had tons of shitfests. Where have you been? Battlefield 4 multiplayer, one of the largest multiplayer games at the time, was nigh unplayable for over a month after it launched. It was a huge debacle - particularly for the gamers, not the journalists. Journalists turned their head and it was barely mentioned. Their attitude at the time was "we didn't get a chance to experience these issues", along with "we're sure it will eventually get fixed". This was an issue that actually affected everyone. This isn't an issue where there are at least as many people who claim their experience on the Playstation doesn't reflect the articles.

But hey - let journalists decide reality for you, and let's pretend like this is completely new and unprecedented.

PS4 had tons of shitfests. Where have you been? Battlefield 4 multiplayer, one of the largest multiplayer games at the time, was nigh unplayable for over a month after it launched. It was a huge debacle - particularly for the gamers, not the journalists. Journalists turned their head and it was barely mentioned. Their attitude at the time was "we didn't get a chance to experience these issues", along with "we're sure it will eventually get fixed". This was an issue that actually affected everyone. This isn't an issue where there are at least as many people who claim their experience on the Playstation doesn't reflect the articles.

But hey - let journalists decide reality for you, and let's pretend like this is completely new and unprecedented.
So " I've played a lot more AAA games with a lot more bugs" means Battlefield 4 multiplayer? Come on.

FYI, BF4 single player didn't work either until sony released a ps4 update. Can we even blame Dice for that? I spent my launch day playing Resogun with sadness.

I've made it clear to people that building a new PC today is a big mistake with the prices. AMD and Nvidia have lost their minds and overpriced their hardware to infinity and beyond. The ability to build a decent priced gaming PC is about as likely as you are to buy a PS5 or XSX for $500.
Hey but at least the PCMR can play cyberpunk in all it's full glory! :happy:🤙

but yeah, not a good time of year to build a rig if you're on a budget. (and this year especially)

there ARE a lot of good used parts though, people often forget to check some of that stuff out when window shopping for parts.

Someone who has a Intel 2600k with a GTX 970 will still be able to play Cyberpunk 2077
DukenukemX (this is not aimed towards you, i'm on your side)

maybe, but you really want preferably an 6-8 core zen2 proc. a lot of people are complaining of performance and stuff like sudden hitches on a 2060 or 2070, but i'm thinking it's either people running old quad cores or thinking their laptop proc is good enough just becuase its paired with a laptop 2060-2080. and it runs fortnite "just fine"

fyi noobs, laptop procs and desktop procs are different animals. this game was designed from the ground up to push gaming to the next level, and so requires next level hardware. This wasn't the first time I've upgraded my PC to play a game and doubt it will be the last. people that have been around the scene for a while know what i'm talking about. Upgrade cycle use to be a lot shorter years back before mors law started to slow and parts were more affordable.

Finally we have a company that has put PC first and ported to console from there, instead of the other way around, and now mainstream media and whiny little facebook kids are gonna ruin a good thing. 3rd patch dropped what yesterday? day before? and they couldn't even wait for that. but same ones that are still playing Anthem and No man's sky. this is a smear campaign that started a while back. Too bad a lot of people gonna miss out on one hell of a game because their facebook friend said it's trash. LOL.

man i can't even imagine what the generation after you will be like having never went to school because of the coof..? guess since yall are generation z, then they'll be generation 'zzz ..snore 'zzz

I am glad I waited to buy this. People are saying Witcher 3 was a buggy and poorly-run mess when it came out on console as well back in the day, and I didn't play that either until much much later. So if that's true I am sure by the time Cyberpunk starts showing up on sale for about $30 it will be much better optimized and i'll enjoy it.
Weird, witcher 2 played perfectly on Xbox

Weird, witcher 2 played perfectly on Xbox
In terms of scale though, this was way more ambitious. Witcher 2 ran on rails. This is a big open world, much more than a console can handle with acceptable frame rates.

They should have released it on PC first, ironed the bugs out and ported it to the console at the first of the year. But....Money. Now they're having to do refunds lol.

Measure twice, cut once.

this game was designed from the ground up to push gaming to the next level, and so requires next level hardware.
Eh, have you seen the system requirements? They are quite tame, if you don't want Ray Tracing.

There are also many things about Cyberpunk's assets, which are definitely not next level. The thing which sticks out to me the most, is how flat the roads and countryside are.

Yea very dumb, it's not like their pc sales would've been bad by any means. Plus they haven't even gotten around to adding ray tracing on rdna2 making it even more pointless to release on consoles. GPU wise it should be able to handle 1080p with raytracing. So now Microsoft jumped on the chance to score an exclusive?

you can’t build a whole PC for $500 that would be better off than a PS5 or XSX in five years (or five days, for that matter). Jump through whatever hoops you need to convince yourself otherwise, and at the end of 2025 let’s see how well that i3 / gtx 1650 setup is doing compared to the consoles.
I bought an overclocked i7 (runs as good as an 8700k stock) + mobo + 32gb ddr4 memory for $230. But if I'm just upgrading my GPU the $500 3070 has some advantages. Both are good options. If you're talking about 5 years though next gen GPU's will be faster.

I don't think I'm engaging in hyperbole when I say this is the biggest betrayal of trust in video game history.
Hah, hardly. This reads like a butt hurt console kid. I'm not saying they didn't jump the gun. I think they did. But to say its the biggest betrayal of trust in vg history? Not even close dude. I love the game, it's my game of the year. I'm so happy to hear the screams and squeals of butt hurt console players that I'm tempted to buy a second copy on GoG just to support CDPR.

Last edited:
I bought an overclocked i7 (runs as good as an 8700k stock) + mobo + 32gb ddr4 memory for $230. But if I'm just upgrading my GPU the $500 3070 has some advantages. Both are good options. If you're talking about 5 years though next gen GPU's will be faster.

Not even debating that next gen and future gen GPUs will be faster. Of course they will. This is the typical console/PC graphical capability lifecycle. They've been leapfrogging each other since... I guess N64 and Voodoo 1? Or maybe Voodoo 2 and Dreamcast?

But for what you can buy right now - a $500 GPU still needs a whole system to go with it. A $500 console is a complete system.

To take your example - in the same $500 you would spend on a PS5, you've spent about half on the core of your system. So with the remaining $270 you'd need to buy a case, power supply, storage and GPU. And then - here's the kicker - you can't ever upgrade it. It has to be locked to whatever specs it is at when you put it together - again, for only $500. Because you can't upgrade the console, so to compare the two you've got to keep the cost of the platform equivalent. And then five years from now we'll see if your system or the PS5 is aging better.

The PC's big advantage is being able to upgrade. But if you're spending $500 every other year on a new GPU, then you've got whatever your system cost (and if it's built with all new parts you're probably looking at about $1000 in the base cost for CPU/mobo/RAM/storage/case/PSU), plus let's say $500 for GPU + an extra $1000-$1500 on top of it, over the next 5 years, for GPU upgrades. You've now paid five times the cost of the console.

As an example, and I'm sorry to keep bringing up this one game, but it's a late lifecycle PS4 game with incredible graphics that recently released on PC so it provides an excellent point of comparison:

Horizon: Zero Dawn runs at 1080p at a locked 30FPS on a regular PS4 console, which cost $400 at launch in late 2013. There are the occasional framerate dips but it's an excellent example of what a title highly optimized for a fixed-spec console can do. Some benchmarks of a Radeon R9 390 - which launched in 2015 for $330, but was basically the same as the R9 290, which launched around the same time as the PS4 for $400 - show that at 1080p "original" settings it averages 36-ish, with drops into high 20s. On "high quality" it can average a little under 30FPS, with drops slightly below 20. (https://www.tomshardware.com/featur...pc-benchmarks-performance-system-requirements).

If you had built a system in late 2013 and put an R9 290 in it - you'd have spent just $400 on the video card alone. The rest of your system? Let's say you went with something like an i7-4770k to get the sweet HT "for future proofing", that's $340 right there. $240 if you went with an i5-4670k. Plus whatever the rest of the components cost - storage, power supply, case. Conservative estimate is you spent 2.5-3 times the price of the console for the same performance.

Look, a PC is a more powerful, more flexible, more expandable system than a console will ever be. But that comes at a much higher cost. And not everyone wants to - or even can - spend that much on an entertainment platform.

Journo's don't care about anything other than getting clicks. Truth, objectivity, and facts be damned.

Hah, hardly. This reads like a butt hurt console kid. I'm not saying they didn't jump the gun. I think they did. But to say its the biggest betrayal of trust in vg history? Not even close dude. I love the game, it's my game of the year. I'm so happy to hear the screams and squeals of butt hurt console fags that I'm tempted to buy a second copy on GoG just to support CDPR.

Yes, but this betrayal directly impacted him, so it must be the biggest. In real life the biggest probably belongs to Chris Roberts or Battle Cruiser 3000ad.

Eh, have you seen the system requirements? They are quite tame, if you don't want Ray Tracing.

There are also many things about Cyberpunk's assets, which are definitely not next level. The thing which sticks out to me the most, is how flat the roads and countryside are.
Or how about police which appear out of nowhere, right behind you.

Or when you are being chased in a car and the cars chasing you teleport around.

Even ignoring the quality of the various assets and models: Various aspects of how the game feels to play, have been obviously band-aided together. And it seems like it was in a rush to get something out the door. Like they didn't have time to actually give the Police room clearing AI, which we've had since Metal Gear Solid 2. Or give car chases actual substance. Which we've had since Driver on PSone.

I'm tempted to buy a second copy on GoG just to support CDPR.
I actually bought the game 4 times, since I like it so much.

Obviously on Steam (which is where I'm playing), GoG (to give CDPR some more money), Stadia (cause I wanted to see how it would run and it's actually okay), and finally on PS4.

I never really intended to play on PS4 (since I sold the system in anticipation of PS5), but I do like collecting games and I thought I should get it. Might just leave it unopened in the seal as a souvenir.

Look, a PC is a more powerful, more flexible, more expandable system than a console will ever be. But that comes at a much higher cost. And not everyone wants to - or even can - spend that much on an entertainment platform.
Well, it is an age old debate. On the PC you get more, but you also pay more, so I would say they are even. It's like a bigger apartment (in the same neighborhood) costs more than a small studio. Basic economics.

You also have to remember that many people (probably most) don't enjoy building a PC from scratch. I get just about as much satisfaction from researching parts, and the building, overclocking, etc. than actually playing a game.

People are also mostly busy, may not have time or interest in troubleshooting PC problems (and there are always problems), or maybe they don't even have the knowledge. In which case a console is no nonsense and reliable.

That only breaks down here cause CDPR shipped a broken game on PS4. But PS4 owners rightfully can claim it should have worked, and it goes against what the experience on console is supposed to be.

Hah, hardly. This reads like a butt hurt console kid. I'm not saying they didn't jump the gun. I think they did. But to say its the biggest betrayal of trust in vg history? Not even close dude. I love the game, it's my game of the year. I'm so happy to hear the screams and squeals of butt hurt console players that I'm tempted to buy a second copy on GoG just to support CDPR.
You sound like a child.
(and for the record, I don't own any console)

You sound like a child.
(and for the record, I don't own any console)
well then your rig must not be much better than one, if it looks that bad to you. and you think (any i quote people, he said this) "I don't think I'm engaging in hyperbole when I say this is the biggest betrayal of trust in video game history."...

wow!!! what about all those cartridge's of E.T. for atari that was so bad they dug a hole in the earth to burry the evidence and try to cover it up like that? you don't think atari felt betrayed or WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT PAID $50 FOR THAT PIECE OF CRAP? I mean, i dont' know, but your tying sound like Donald Trump trying to sell you a steak with your "YUUGEST FAIL IN GAMING HISTORY". I'm tellin you bro, on a decent PC this games is great! i got over 75hrs in and i'm just don't see the problem? runs great on high. (if you can't run it on ultra that's doesnt' mean anything but them future proofing for later like so many other games have done in the past on pc. that's part of the fun. when you get new hardware sometimes it's fun to fire up old games and see how awesome they look with everything maxed out. Crysis didn't even get this kind of backlash. They got a meme! i mean look they even came out and said the pc sys requirments were for 30fps but even the "minimum" w/ low detail gets you better than console. but everyone, whose been around, knows you want to outspec the game you're trying to play. that's noob knowledge.

look dude, may finally be time to upgrade your rig? jus sayin. grap a pcie 4.0 ssd while your at it. it'll come handy in a few months for directStorage.

just hard for me to believe someone could be playing this on a decent pc and complaining like that unless their just mad they can't run on 4k60/Ultra/RTX on. i'ma be the first one to say it ..."but can it run cyberpunk?!"

If you buy a 2nd copy you can always send it to me. ;)

Back