Sony removes Cyberpunk from the PS playstore

I don't know why you decided to categorize PC and console. They both have the same hardware. So they are comparable. Would you take your backup email rig and try and run cyberpunk on it? Why not?

I think we know the answer, but it's always someone else's fault.
This is definitely a console thread, not sure why you feel the need to post in here? If it runs great on your PC, cool, enjoy it and move along, Sony has fixed the console problems by cancelling it, and CD Projekt will count their millions since PC gamers make up most of their revenue stream. They don't need playstation.

So bye.

This is definitely a console thread, not sure why you feel the need to post in here? If it runs great on your PC, cool, enjoy it and move along, Sony has fixed the console problems by cancelling it, and CD Projekt will count their millions since PC gamers make up most of their revenue stream. They don't need playstation.

So bye.
I haven't played the game. I only have a 1080gtx, so I'm not about to buy a game my system might be "ok" on. Maybe in the future.

I have an Xbox one. I don't have cyberpunk though, because it's a SEVEN YEAR OLD CONSOLE and I know the limitations it possesses.

Edit: I think it was pretty clear I was comparing the console, that's built with PC parts, for reference. I think you knew that but it's easier to shoo me away than it is to actually understand the topic.

My point is a PS4 comparable PC is good for NOTHING. I wouldn't even give my kids a system that old for Roblox and Minecraft. Expecting it to play a 2020 AAA game is crazy. Head in the sand all you want, you expected a 7 year old GPU to play your game like the trailers you watched and that was never going to happen.

CDPR already apologized for it and are working on fixing it. Your logic makes no sense when everyone including the company disagrees with you.

I haven't played the game. I only have a 1080gtx, so I'm not about to buy a game my system might be "ok" on. Maybe in the future.

I have an Xbox one. I don't have cyberpunk though, because it's a SEVEN YEAR OLD CONSOLE and I know the limitations it possesses.

Edit: I think it was pretty clear I was comparing the console, that's built with PC parts, for reference. I think you knew that but it's easier to shoo me away than it is to actually understand the topic.
So you don't play the game, and won't because your computer is too slow. Also you don't own a playstation, and even if you did you still wouldn't play the game.

So what are your thoughts on sony pulling cyberpunk from the playstation store :)

CDPR already apologized for it and are working on fixing it. Your logic makes no sense when everyone including the company disagrees with you.
The company disagrees only because song removed their product and have refunds. I want to see you in here when they "fix it" and show me how great it isn't running.

So you don't play the game, and won't because your computer is too slow. Also you don't own a playstation, and even if you did you still wouldn't play the game.

So what are your thoughts on sony pulling cyberpunk from the playstation store :)
I think the issue was the developer. I understand why Sony did what they did. They did it to protect people. I get that people hate when a company comes in and does what they think is best for people, but with the quality I have seen on the game and the countless problems, I feel it's all Sony could do.

CDPR is solely at fault here

The company disagrees only because song removed their product and have refunds. I want to see you in here when they "fix it" and show me how great it isn't running.

You conveniently forgot MS. And the definition of "great" is subjective to each gamer. Now I know you are just trolling...I'm out.

I think the issue was the developer. I understand why Sony did what they did. They did it to protect people. I get that people hate when a company comes in and does what they think is best for people, but with the quality I have seen on the game and the countless problems, I feel it's all Sony could do.

CDPR is solely at fault here
I'm interested to hear from developers if any of them leave the company. 8 years of dev time is insane. The amount of scope creep and random pivots is probably huge. They could make a sequel out of abandoned code and assets if i had to guess.

I'm interested to hear from developers if any of them leave the company. 8 years of dev time is insane. The amount of scope creep and random pivots is probably huge. They could make a sequel out of abandoned code and assets if i had to guess.
Yeah, it's unfortunate for gamers how this went down. I often think of Star Citizen when I think of cyberpunk. I mean, Nvidia released a custom shrouded GPU for this game... Last generation.

With so many delays and constant "new tech", it's bound to have gremlins AND not be optimized as best as possible.

You conveniently forgot MS. And the definition of "great" is subjective to each gamer. Now I know you are just trolling...I'm out.
Why would I forget ms? I mentioned the Xbox one here at least twice.

I expect the consoles to run the game, although poorly. I would suspect that the initial release of those consoles to play it poorly, the later released updates X and Pro to play slightly better, and current gen to play it very well, being on SSDs and having current hardware.

I don't think that's so crazy of a concept

She's a hero. You got any articles on her, i'd like to read that.
Her name is Rebecca Heinema, and she's responsible for a number of ports. I can't blame her for the bad port when it was done in a week. But this was a theme you see with Doom ports, as they were done quickly for quick profit. 32X Doom, 3DO Doom, Jaguar Doom, and Saturn Doom were done in a relatively short amount of time. If given more time then you'd get better representations of the game. CDPR had over a year to optimize for Cyperpunk on PS4/XB1, which is why I think there's not much more one could do besides lowering image quality. Which is what I think they did for Witcher 3.

BTW here's a Doom port on the 3DO that isn't shit. It obviously didn't have a 1 week crunch time.

I'm drunk so i'm not sure what the original context was anymore, but converting doom to SNES is a major accomplishment, doom was in C right? SNES would have basically been converting that to assembly... yuk
Doom on the SNES wasn't based on the original engine. The better Doom ports like Playstation and GBA were all done with custom engines. Quake on the Saturn for example was done with a custom engine, which is why it's one of the best Quake ports to console. SNES like the PS4/XB1 were just never meant to run that game.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't need to be in an official statement. It's a 2020 AAA game. To expect it to work on a SEVEN YEAR OLD console is just madness. I get it, you can't find a new console to buy and you want to play it, I totally understand that frustration and quite frankly it's all a blunder from hardware to software, unfortunately.
Those who bought it are to blame when CDPR said how happy they were with console performance and how they were the main release platforms side by side with the PC?

And what is so special about Cyberpunk compared to other 2020 AAA games that got successfully released on consoles?

Those who bought it are to blame when CDPR said how happy they were with console performance and how they were the main release platforms side by side with the PC?

And what is so special with Cyberpunk compared to other 2020 AAA games that got successfully released on consoles?
I guess common sense is dead in the water.

If a game came out for PC and it says recommended system is a 10 series Intel chip and 3080 and the minimal was a voodoo2, you're going to question it. There's a good chance it won't run well on that minimal system, considering the recommended.

A company spend a year massaging its ray tracing and talking about almost nothing else and people expected it to work well?

Sorry, I don't BLINDLY follow the company. They want to sell as many copies as they can. Because in the end they might have to do refunds, but they certainly won't be asked to refund by everyone.

And what is so special about Cyberpunk compared to other 2020 AAA games that got successfully released on consoles?

Look at the later games that were released for those consoles. It is amazing what they could do for that hardware. Other developers could do it so there was no reason to beleive CDPR couldn't do the same. And yet here we are. Some of the obtuse reasons for people giving them a break for this is simply confounding when the company agrees with the fubard mess and promises to fix it. CDPR is a good company and should be able to get that accomplished but they should not get a pass for this.

Cyberpunk 2077 has been in development since before PS4/XB1 were launched.
The originally announced release date was 16 April 2020, so before the launch of PS5/XSX.

There is no conceivable scenario that this game was meant for PS5/XSX. It is simply a buggy mess on the consoles, on PS4 more than on XB1.
To be fair it's more meant for PC, which the PS5/XSX match more closely. Also to be fair, the PS5/XSX were probably in development even before the PS4/XB1 were released. CDPR is the company that made their games first on PC and then later ported them to console. This was the company that indirectly started the PC Master Race meme through Yatzee. The meme even continues with an interview with the actor who plays Witcher. What were you expecting from a console port of a PC focused game?

Not really giving them (CDPR) a pass, they should have done something other than release this on consoles... but also don't care about console users, they get so much attention, dictacted the course of gaming for the last decade (fps/tps over any and everything else as its easier to do on console). Plus its not like exclusive console users give two craps about PC issues.

have an Xbox one. I don't have cyberpunk though, because it's a SEVEN YEAR OLD CONSOLE and I know the limitations it possesses.

this is kind of the point, though. No one would intentionally release a game that is seriously broken, or where the performance is so bad that it’s hard to play, on a console, right? It’s a different market and different mindset than PC gamers.

so if there’s a game out for Xbox one, consumers are going to assume - and rightfully so - that they can actually play it on Xbox one. There’s nothing on the packaging or the website that said “requires Xbox one X” or “only runs on Xbox series x”. It just says “for Xbox one.”

so CDPR thinks this game got approved on the assumption there would be a patch to fix the issues, and if that’s actually the case, it means:

1) CDPR didn’t care enough to ship a good product on day 1
2) Microsoft didn’t care enough to tell them it was not a good product and couldn’t be released in its current state
3) the game was then released in a severely degraded state
4) reviewers either weren’t given previews of or were asked not to discuss the game’s performance on console, so potentia customers had nothing to go on except CDPR’s vague statements about performance being fine
5) there was not a “day 1” patch to improve things

so now what has happened is that a game was released in nearly broken state, “gone gold” for consoles in this state, and customers are upset about it.

it has nothing to do with knowing the console’s limitations. Most console gamers couldn’t even tell you a thing about the hardware inside the system. They just play the games, because the games just work. Except for this one.

I guess common sense is dead in the water.

If a game came out for PC and it says recommended system is a 10 series Intel chip and 3080 and the minimal was a voodoo2, you're going to question it. There's a good chance it won't run well on that minimal system, considering the recommended.

A company spend a year massaging its ray tracing and talking about almost nothing else and people expected it to work well?

Sorry, I don't BLINDLY follow the company. They want to sell as many copies as they can. Because in the end they might have to do refunds, but they certainly won't be asked to refund by everyone.
1. Game is announced for the consoles
2. Developer announces minimum PC spec in line with the above, though it's not dependant either way
3. Right up to release, developer states they are very happy how it runs on consoles
4. Developer has a predominantly trustworthy history
5. All other current AAA games release successfully on said consoles
99. Gamers buy the game and realize it's completely broken, they have themselves to blame

That's quite the jump.

They care about getting money from that 120 million player base. That's what they care about, and it showed.
umm, if they really cared about it they would have done something other than launch in that horribly broken state. No they don't care about it beyond a greed grab for christmas season and it has rightfully blown up in their face. Their share price has taken a bath, the product has been pulled from Sony, refunds left and right. I would say job accomplished but the internet rage/click baters will continue on even post fix.

No they don't care about it beyond a greed grab for christmas season and it has rightfully blown up in their face

i think this was Verge point. Instead of delaying they launched everywhere at once to reach as big a customer base as possible, instead of delaying on the systems that needed more time.

(and this statement is based on the assumption that they can, and actually do fix it on the older consoles.)

this is kind of the point, though. No one would intentionally release a game that is seriously broken, or where the performance is so bad that it’s hard to play, on a console, right? It’s a different market and different mindset than PC gamers.
There have been a number of bad console ports for the past 10-20 years. PUBG was notoriously bad on consoles. A number of PS3 games have failed due to the limited 256MB/256MB configuration of the system. Shadow of Mordor was on the PS3 for some reason and that performs horribly. Dragon Age Inquisition is also on the 360, and of course that performs horribly. Pay Day on consoles is a broken mess. Then there's ARK, which is also an open world game that runs horribly on consoles.

Cyberpunk 2077 is different because it's a game that everyone and their grandma has been waiting for. When it's a bad console port then it's headline news. When PC gets a bad console port then nobody bats an eye.
6e4.png

I mean, I wasn’t waiting for it. I know it was very anticipated but not everyone cares. So calling this “the biggest game release ever” as another user said or “everyone wants it” is hyperbole at best.

the difference that your funny picture fails to take into account is that PC gamers are already downloading games exclusively digitally, some have been since, oh, 2004 I guess when Steam and World of Warcraft launched. so a “day 1” patch is just par for the course. And PC gamers will just say “oh, I need a new video card” or “time to buy a whole new PC.” Until recently this wasn’t even a thing for console games. Sure you COULD get all your console games digitally, but you didn’t have to.

But any release of a console game on physical media could forever be buggy and unplayable if the consumer doesn’t have an internet connection.

if the game console makers enforced a “download only” requirement and no longer allowed devs to ship games on discs, this would be a different conversation: “yes it sucks but they say they will patch it” instead of “there are now people who bought a forever unplayable game”.

A good chunk of the responsibility for this and any other troublesome release lies with Microsoft and Sony, too. They could enforce minimal performance standards for games, and deny approval to anything that doesn’t meet it. But as has been shown by this and your other examples (and plenty of others I am sure), getting the titles out means sales, means money, and any damage to the brand “Xbox is too slow”, etc) is not a big enough concern to change the behavior otherwise.

Now, at least, there’s the option of getting an Xbox one X or Series S/X, and console gaming will look more like PC gaming the more common digital-only releases become. So this whole conversation may be moot in the next generation or two. But you have to understand - and I know you don’t, based on all your other posts - console gamers get upset because they don’t have a way to fix poor performance in games, and generally have been able to rely on games working on day 1. Xbox One and PS4 changed that notably, and this is a high profile example of a developer that just didn’t care.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I giant part of the responsibility is a combination of:

People buying without game reviews (when talking about a game certain to be made without your loaning of money help, it is a bit of a strange things to do, imagine pre-buying 6 months in advance the next star wars movie bluray, why ? It is different for a very small project that can exist only from pre-sales financing obviously)
Reviewer accepting any embargo condition and paying no price for it, look at the noise made for Nvidia kicking reviewer out, I feel the same should apply if they would have blacklisted game reviewer showing the PS4 version before release or a media blackout if there is no PS4 version to test.
Quantity of money in play, if you have 8 millions or pre-sales (for say 160 millions going your way if you release the game versus putting in jeopardy if you push it an other 8 months)
The reaction when they announce a delay (the reaction when they don't), sure the reaction for the delay is probably in the grand scheme of things an irrelevant small bunch, but it can feel like no way to win, they didn't get some massive support from a doing the right things coverage/reactions.

But any release of a console game on physical media could forever be buggy and unplayable if the consumer doesn’t have an internet connection.
That didn't even occur to me, but if you buy a physical copy of a game in 2020 (outside collectors) chance are good that you Internet is either on the slow side or not unlimited, 14 millions American without Internet, 25 millions more without a fast broadband Internet and according to microsoft 160 millions people with an internet that is effectively 25 mbps or slower, for a lot of those people that make PC gaming that effectively went almost all online a long time ago a difficult option but console could have been one way to play game until not so long ago.

Last edited:
I think I giant part of the responsibility is a combination of:

People buying without game reviews (when talking about a game certain to be made without your loaning of money help, it is a bit of a strange things to do, imagine pre-buying 6 months in advance the next star wars movie bluray, why ?)
Reviewer accepting any embargo condition and paying no price for it.
This, honestly. Play stupid games (pre-order or buy day 1), win stupid prizes. Gamers made the industry norm that exists today.

This, honestly. Play stupid games (pre-order or buy day 1), win stupid prizes. Gamers made the industry norm that exists today.
Yep. The only games I buy day one are mmorpg where there is a tangible advantage to do so. Pre-ordering a singleplayer game? Lol, why?

There have been a number of bad console ports for the past 10-20 years. PUBG was notoriously bad on consoles. A number of PS3 games have failed due to the limited 256MB/256MB configuration of the system. Shadow of Mordor was on the PS3 for some reason and that performs horribly. Dragon Age Inquisition is also on the 360, and of course that performs horribly. Pay Day on consoles is a broken mess. Then there's ARK, which is also an open world game that runs horribly on consoles.

Cyberpunk 2077 is different because it's a game that everyone and their grandma has been waiting for. When it's a bad console port then it's headline news. When PC gets a bad console port then nobody bats an eye.
View attachment 310637

or the original Witcher 3.

https://v1.escapistmagazine.com/art...x-Freezing-on-PS4-Long-Load-Times-and-Choppy-

But hey, they eventually fixed it, and yet suddenly five years later, Sony is repeating that same fuckup :rolleyes:

So much for consoles being "Curated", i guess if it loads on a single PS4 test system, then it ships?

Also, Crotan,

for those of you saying this game pushes the 6700 owner on to new things, I don't think so:

Cyberpunk 2077 Recommended PC: 1440p Ultra Ray Tracing
  • Core i7-6700 or Ryzen 5 3600.
  • RTX 3070 (or RX 6800 XT?)
  • 16GB RAM.
  • 8GB VRAM.
  • 70GB SSD storage.
  • Windows 10 64-bit.
  • Target: 1440p RT Ultra.
Cyberpunk-2077-CPU-benchmarks-1.png

But the fact that it DOES require a 8-thread CPU for smooth > 60 fps gaming is the BIG change here; I'm sure the CPU-usage is holding back those 6-core Jaguars!

Last edited:
I mean, I wasn’t waiting for it. I know it was very anticipated but not everyone cares. So calling this “the biggest game release ever” as another user said or “everyone wants it” is hyperbole at best.
If you're complaining then you're caring.
the difference that your funny picture fails to take into account is that PC gamers are already downloading games exclusively digitally, some have been since, oh, 2004 I guess when Steam and World of Warcraft launched. so a “day 1” patch is just par for the course. And PC gamers will just say “oh, I need a new video card” or “time to buy a whole new PC.” Until recently this wasn’t even a thing for console games. Sure you COULD get all your console games digitally, but you didn’t have to.
Not sure what downloading games digitally has anything to do with this? I'm not in favor of day 1 patches either.

But you have to understand - and I know you don’t, based on all your other posts - console gamers get upset because they don’t have a way to fix poor performance in games, and generally have been able to rely on games working on day 1.
You can fix it by either buying a PS5/XSX or a PC. I gave examples of games released in 2014 that have no business on the PS3/360, but it happened and the ports were horrible as expected. The PS5/XSX is out and if you expect the PS4/XB1 to handle these kinds of games then you can't be helped. Switch owners will soon find out what games they won't be getting from now on.
Xbox One and PS4 changed that notably, and this is a high profile example of a developer that just didn’t care.
If they didn't care then they lost millions of dollars and it sucks to be them.

It started storyboarding and consulting in 2012 - there was no actual development being done until 2016. That teaser was just a completely CGI thing with no actual in-engine footage or otherwise.

Saying it started development 8 years ago is a huge misconception. It didn't even start pre-production until the last Witcher 3 DLC came out in 2016.

It started storyboarding and consulting in 2012 - there was no actual development being done until 2016. That teaser was just a completely CGI thing with no actual in-engine footage or otherwise.

Saying it started development 8 years ago is a huge misconception. It didn't even start pre-production until the last Witcher 3 DLC came out in 2016.
That's called pre-production. And it's also a part of development, but that can become a semantics discussion.

The game was certainly in development pre 2016., it just got scrapped over and over due to mismanagement, as per developer testimonies (and the final result). CDPR doesn't get to start the game over several times and just count the last one as the development time.

That's called pre-production. And it's also a part of development, but that can become a semantics discussion.

The game was certainly in development pre 2016., it just got scrapped over and over due to mismanagement, as per developer testimonies. CDPR doesn't get to start the game over several times and just count the last one as the development time.
I guess that all depends on how much work was kept. If 90%+ of the work was done in the last 3-4 years then it seems misleading to say it was 8 years worth of development time.

Do you have a link? I hadn't heard about development being scrapped and restarted over and over.

Who gives a fuck what it runs like on a ps4? About time console kids got a taste of what PC gamers deal with almost every release. I'm loving the game, been playing non stop since release. For me, this is the best game in 10 years. Also fuck consoles.

I guess that all depends on how much work was kept. If 90%+ of the work was done in the last 3-4 years then it seems misleading to say it was 8 years worth of development time.

Do you have a link? I hadn't heard about development being scrapped and restarted over and over.
Sanitized version:
https://kotaku.com/why-cyberpunk-2077-is-taking-so-long-1826920382

Raw version:
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/CD-PROJEKT-RED-Reviews-E644250_P3.htm

There were other reports to the effect, but that's the gist of it.

Who gives a fuck what it runs like on a ps4? About time console kids got a taste of what PC gamers deal with almost every release. I'm loving the game, been playing non stop since release. For me, this is the best game in 10 years. Also fuck consoles.

How about companies actually deliver working products? Lets not excuse bad business practices. Looks like the patches are rolling out for PC to make it decent enough, but if the console versions were bad they should've delayed those platforms.

Lets not forget, games are not the only things that are getting day 1 patches. Didn't that live action Cats movie get an update sent to theaters after it released?

I'm sorry, but it doesn't need to be in an official statement. It's a 2020 AAA game. To expect it to work on a SEVEN YEAR OLD console is just madness. I get it, you can't find a new console to buy and you want to play it, I totally understand that frustration and quite frankly it's all a blunder from hardware to software, unfortunately.

That said, I would expect it to run like dogshit on a 7 year old PC as well. That's the GeForce 700 series era, for reference.
Wut? It doesn't matter how old the console is if the company advertises a release for them and "praises the performance on PS4 and Xbox One", it is expected to be an enjoyable experience. I don't think anyone that bought it for those consoles expected it to be anywhere near as good looking as PC, but the state it shipped in was a complete joke.

Her name is Rebecca Heinema, and she's responsible for a number of ports. I can't blame her for the bad port when it was done in a week. But this was a theme you see with Doom ports, as they were done quickly for quick profit. 32X Doom, 3DO Doom, Jaguar Doom, and Saturn Doom were done in a relatively short amount of time. If given more time then you'd get better representations of the game. CDPR had over a year to optimize for Cyperpunk on PS4/XB1, which is why I think there's not much more one could do besides lowering image quality. Which is what I think they did for Witcher 3.

BTW here's a Doom port on the 3DO that isn't shit. It obviously didn't have a 1 week crunch time.

Doom on the SNES wasn't based on the original engine. The better Doom ports like Playstation and GBA were all done with custom engines. Quake on the Saturn for example was done with a custom engine, which is why it's one of the best Quake ports to console. SNES like the PS4/XB1 were just never meant to run that game.

All the more reason to blame the company and not the consumers. The porting process does take time, but large companies with the proper resources can usually get it done in about 2 weeks depending on the complexity of the game and how many passes it take to get it to an acceptable state. CDPR had access to the resources and isn't a small company anymore, the game was stated to be a AAA title and being sold at a price reflected as much; so their promises and claims hold weight when they state something to the degree of what they did, and a release on those systems is expected to be a promise that it'll work within the confines of what the end-user expected from that media (in the case of video games, the goal is an enjoyable experience).

This also leads to the lack of new gen console ports. The dev kits for the PS5 and Xbox sX have supposedly been out for around 2 years; the only feasible reason why there wasn't a port ready is because development wasn't ready to start porting to begin with. You put that information together with the time-line and number of missing features, and the reason they released a port for older systems starts to become clear as a cash grab, which goes against their promise to release the game "when it's ready".

How about companies actually deliver working products? Lets not excuse bad business practices. Looks like the patches are rolling out for PC to make it decent enough, but if the console versions were bad they should've delayed those platforms.
Not only that, they didn't deliver the game that was advertised; lack of polish is one thing, but there are so many missing features that it's only the game they advertised in spirit.

Back