Sony Releases 'Mishear Rap' Advertising Campaign for PlayStation Classic

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Here is a video of the 'Mishear Rap' advertising campaign in Japan for the PlayStation Classic. Thanks to Gematsu for the translation. Never change Japan. Never ever change!

In it, Japanese actor Taiga plays a businessman who goes to a bar with his co-workers after work. During their chat, his mistakes the words said by the waiter and his co-workers as PlayStation Classic titles, and in the heat of the conversation, breaks out into a clever rap based on the console's 20 titles.

Sony really could have done a lot better with the game list for the western market.
Cool Boarders 2? Intelligent Qube?Jumping Flash? Mr. Driller? Twisted Metal 1?

What about Crash Bandicoot which was basically a mascot for the console at one point? Tenchu? Castlevania: SotN? THPS 2? Twisted Metal 2? Tomb Raider?

That's not even going into the more "obscure" stuff like Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver, Gran Turismo 2, Bushido Blade, Xenogears, etc. Hell, Japan even gets Armored Core and a couple shmups.

Woah Woah, Twisted Metal 1 was a great game...FPS in cockpit mode for that one, but agreed its no TM2.....

Woah Woah, Twisted Metal 1 was a great game...FPS in cockpit mode for that one, but agreed its no TM2.....
It was definitely fun, but 2 was better. If they're only going to include 20 games, it would make sense to include the better sequels when it's not like there's a story anyone particularly cares about(hence why I mentioned Gran Turismo 2, and THPS 2).

Sony really could have done a lot better with the game list for the western market.

What about Crash Bandicoot which was basically a mascot for the console at one point? Tenchu? Castlevania: SotN? THPS 2? Twisted Metal 2? Tomb Raider?

That's not even going into the more "obscure" stuff like Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver, Gran Turismo 2, Bushido Blade, Xenogears, etc. Hell, Japan even gets Armored Core and a couple shmups.
Sounds like the list of games from an old demo disc...

It's funny you mention GT2 in the obscure category. It was impossible to find on release day, and version 1.0 is a rare collector's item. Stores were saying that they simply were not receiving any copies. I am taking my version 1.0 copy to my grave.

I don't think Sony could include any of the old GT titles without spending a lot of money on renewing the licenses for the cars in the games, though.

There's already CrashBandicoot Nsane Trilogy, but the others I agree.

It's funny you mention GT2 in the obscure category. It was impossible to find on release day, and version 1.0 is a rare collector's item. Stores were saying that they simply were not receiving any copies. I am taking my version 1.0 copy to my grave.

I don't think Sony could include any of the old GT titles without spending a lot of money on renewing the licenses for the cars in the games, though.
Obscure probably isn't the best word for it, but it wasn't quite as "big" as some of the other games. And sure, there were some that were harder to find on release day back then(fortunately we've moved past that), there were some games that if you didn't preorder from your local shop you weren't getting it at all there. It's definitely still probably in most top 50 lists for sure though.

It was definitely fun, but 2 was better. If they're only going to include 20 games, it would make sense to include the better sequels when it's not like there's a story anyone particularly cares about(hence why I mentioned Gran Turismo 2, and THPS 2).

I recall it was a launch title (I still own it, somewhere) so it could have been published and developed (rights withheld) by Sony directly, either way yes 2 is the better game but this game was less silly and this is what we get. This certainly is not a complete "Best Of" by any stretch of the imagination and I agree with most who think this few games is a ripoff at the current pricing. I wonder if they will also all run at 18-23fps like most PS1 games at the time did :D

I was expecting Parappa the Rappa. :(

Step on the gas , step on the gas, now break!

It's more funny when you understand the language, it was stupidly funny :D

Back