Sony Putting Up a 94' Metal Rainbow In California

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess this is one way to cheer up after months of bad news for the company. Why is Sony building a huge fake rainbow? Is California no longer able to produce one naturally?

Sony is building "Rainbow" to fulfill Culver City's Art in Public Places requirement, which mandates that one percent of the budget for certain development projects goes toward public art. The project's total budget is $1,536,516.

Thats kind of a stupid rule. I mean when people spend money on "art" they spend it on shitty post modern crap that noone likes. Which is what fills art galleries. Which people go to and sit around talking about how wonderful it is because they don't want to be the one who says out loud "this is a pile of shit" and just go along with the "culture" and "significance" of this shit.

Thats kind of a stupid rule. I mean when people spend money on "art" they spend it on shitty post modern crap that noone likes. Which is what fills art galleries. Which people go to and sit around talking about how wonderful it is because they don't want to be the one who says out loud "this is a pile of shit" and just go along with the "culture" and "significance" of this shit.

That basically sums it up :D

Why is Sony building a huge fake rainbow?

Well lets see I think the only logical guess is a Wizard of Oz remake because Hollywood doesn't have any new ideas.

most prolly its a introduction (or whatever its called) to a movie they are making, but since its a rainbow, honestly i dont have any interest with it :D, if its a rainbow six movie, that is really one shitty concept too.lol

Sony within their infinite wisdom, has a new method to increase revenue. Build a giant rainbow, that exists in rain or shine. Then wait for the lepricons to start appearing, and make them give up their pot of gold.

Sony will make millions, and can use the lepricons for amusement parks, or they could appear in the next Jackass movie.

Sony within their infinite wisdom, has a new method to increase revenue. Build a giant rainbow, that exists in rain or shine. Then wait for the lepricons to start appearing, and make them give up their pot of gold.

I have to assume these are some sort of evil robotspawn Leprechauns.

I assumed it was some amazing cross between a unicorn and a leprechaun. A green, tiny, centaur with a horn coming out of its forehead. That drinks.

It's simply not going to work... now... if it were a DOUBLE rainbow...

So photoshopped it hurts.

My head is in the palm of my hand as a result of this comment.

Seriously Sony, only one company can fake it being a happy place from outside appearances, actually two...Disney, and Apple.

are they gonna put the Lucky Charms leprechaun with a pot of gold on each end?

Ok, so rainbow == Gay Pride...
Gay men have sex how?
Sony does what to its customers?

Not too hard to figure this one out.

Should take that money and hire some real security people instead.

Can the links in these news thread actually take you to the source site, instead of the HardOCP news page that displays the exact same info?

Example:

I guess this is one way to cheer up after months of bad news for the company. Why is Sony building a huge fake rainbow? Is California no longer able to produce one naturally?

So photoshopped it hurts.

Thats the biggest fail Statement all day.. Not only does the real deal not exist, but I would argue that Photoshop wasnt in the budget so they used MSPaint..

Ok, so rainbow == Gay Pride...
Gay men have sex how?
Sony does what to its customers?

Not too hard to figure this one out.

So wrong, but so right..

Reminds me of an artist friend when I criticized the art in his bathroom. I said it was ugly and he said ugly is in. I said it belongs in the bathroom.

I'd rather they did this to the St. Louis Arch. Maybe something so happy and gay would decrease violent crime in the nation's most violent neighborhood. (1 in 8 citizens are victims of violent crime every year here: http://www.walletpop.com/photos/most-dangerous-neighborhoods/)

Rainbows don't work like scarecrows. Gang bangers, drug dealers, and drug users may not even be able to see such things. They can't stop looking over their shoulders long enough for anything except their next criminal act to be able to see such things.

Back