Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

Stugots

Supreme [H]ardness
I've been thinking about picking up the Sony Pulse wireless headset...

http://www.amazon.com/Edition-Wirel...1733&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+pulse+audio+headset

...I primarily play PS3 and PC games, and I will likely be buying a PS4 sometime in the future.

I know this headset will work great on the PS3/PS4, but does anyone know how well it works on the PC? Some feature are exclusive to the PS3, but will the microphone still work if it's plugged into the PC?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Bass impact basically emulates a bass effect on the headphones. Some people really like it, others don't. Personally I like it in games. My Elite hasn't had the hinge cracking issue, but it is a common enough problem to be wary of.

Both the Pulse Gold and Pulse Elite work like any normal wireless stereo headset on the PC. The simulated surround feature on both of them does not work on the PC, that is a PS3/4 only feature and it's the same with the audio modes and profiles. I can't speak for how the Gold sounds, but I've been very happy with the Pulse Elite.

Few more questions about the Gold headset.

How good do they sound when using them on PC? I read that the bass doesn't sound that great unless they're used on a PS3/PS4? Along the same lines, how good do they sound when plugged into a portable audio device?

At this point I'm leaning heavily towards the Gold's instead of the Elites. I've been reading that the battery life on the Gold is much better and that they are more comfortable. I'm also really paranoid of the cracking problem that many Elite owners have reported.

I really like my Gold headset. I use it both on the PC and PS4. I have virtual surround sound turned in the settings for the PC. As far as I can tell it's working. The bass is fine for the PC, but it does sound a little more 'more' with the PS4. Mainly use it for chat with the PC otherwise I prefer using regular 7.1 speaker set up I have, or my Grados. I have these set up with a USB switcher between the PC and PS4, so I just have to press a button instead of switching over the USB bluetooth dongle.

One complaint I have is they get uncomfortable with glasses quickly. I have special pair of flat frame glasses, and I still feel them after awhile.

I have used them with my phone and they are okay. Highs are not the best, slightly muffled mids, and lows can be boomy depending on the bass setting you have it on. You will have to use the 3.5mm cable with it for mobile stuff. I have also used it for talking on the phone, and sometimes I have to talk a little louder because they can't hear me as well. It appears to be just fine in games though.

I should try it with my Vita. I don't have a PS3 to try them with, but I'm sure it's very similar.

Battery life is great. They look really nice too. The hidden mic feature is nice. Build quality is good, but I would say; don't throw them around.

Although I haven't used the Elites, I would still get the Golds over them.

Back