Sony: PS4s Are Going To Be Hard To Find for a While

616ab11cf1c0ff8ebddb56b2e38e83269e7d9ecb9bc8c1c51738ffebfbe5cdb4.jpg

Because the real reason is just too scary to fathom.

I love my PS4, but I really hope some of the console exclusives start dropping soon. I can only play DCUO so much.

This doesn't surprise me at all. I bought both systems at launch and the XBOX One's after Christmas were stacking up on the shelves, I've only seen one store so far with PS4's in stock while I was shopping there. It was a Walmart on Christmas Eve, been sold out every trip since.

I live in the Philadelphia area, obviously not rural in the slightest.

The local Fred Myers here in Seattle seem to carry the XBone 1 all the time. I have been there three times over the last 2 weeks. The electronics guy said that they can't keep the PS4 in stock, they get a batch and sell out immediately. They have all the models of the Xbox (with and without games) in stock always.

Saw some in stock earlier this week at Walmart. Oh, and I don't understand why anyone wants either console tbh. I don't see any appeal unless you're a frothing fanboy of one specific game franchise or company. They're both duds to me.

PS4s are definitely not available anywhere here in NY... I actually have an extra though, in case anyone is looking...

Well, I did stand outside launch day of ps4 and xbox 360 at best buy. Week after week. The launch titles are somewhat medicore. I bought 3 games each on both systems, an extra controller, and live, and psn. I havent opened my ps4 at all yet. I returned 2 of the ps4 games cuz it was just battlefield 4, and call of duty ghosts. I have both on xbox360. I just bought the exclusive killzone. I also bought 3 exclusive titles, for xbox1. Forza, Dead Rising, and Ryse. I havent opened dead rising and ryse. Only 2 games I enjoy, is the dlc killer instinct, cuz I am a fighter gamer. Forza I just opened to see the gfx. Anyways.... PS4 ill get another one down the road. Nothing I really want yet..

Ryse got a 60 out of 100, and users gave it an even lower score.
Dead Rising 3 was just as bad according to user reviews.
Forza has the worse discrepancy amount these listed games. Critic reviews was an 80, but user reviews was a 5.4?

None of these games are worth piss. Titanfall is up in the air, and seriously Plants vs Zombies? Really, a mobile game? Have we gone that low to justify the purchase of one of these systems?

Yeah, I should fret and worry over other peoples biased opinions, sure. �� Just like I fretted over getting a release OEM R9 290, not. I have it and enjoy it and is NOT loud. Guess I am a big boy now and don't need to fret over what others think I should purchase.

As far as the PS4 goes, it is for games only. I already have a co.puter that would make it look like a joke. However, if you want to buy one, I say enjoy and stop trying to justify your purchase to the world.

lol I went to costco this weekend. They had a brand new palette of xbox ones towering there like no one even bought one from it yet. Probably at least 50 Xbox Ones in that stack, didnt see any PS4s. Went to gamestop to get some stuff they had Xbox Ones no PS4s.

I sold my PS4 for what I paid to a ex-Marine gal who wanted one, since they were still sold out, to play CoD Ghosts with her active Army sister in Virginia. It's an impressive performing little box. People who don't/haven't owned don't realize how responsive it is in-game with no tearing. Saying it's equivalent to a 7870 is underestimating. I'd say it's between a 270X and 280X. Plan to pick up another when more games come out.

When they release another game of the quality of The Last of Us I'll get a PS4. I waited until the end of the PS3 life to get one to play TLoU and I got it cheap and used. Worked out great. Until then Steam all the way.

Playstation has always been a one game console for me.. Which is a weird thing to say, but it's the truth. I bought my first playstation after playing Gran Tourismo... Then, I started with the Battlefield series... Ever since my modchip days, I've never played more than one or two games on it.
Weird thing to do, spend all this money for one game.. But, considering the 2,xxx+ hours I've spent playing BF, it's really a no brainer.
Too bad they didn't make Gran Turismo for PS4... That's lame.

Why do I have the feeling that this "short supply" is intentional?

The last time Sony said they were short on supplies for PS3, my father in-law made a delivery run to a Sony warehouse, from floor to ceiling full of them...Most likely the same thing this time around.

The last time Sony said they were short on supplies for PS3, my father in-law made a delivery run to a Sony warehouse, from floor to ceiling full of them...Most likely the same thing this time around.

Which makes sense since stuff like that does indeed need to sit in a warehouse for a brief period of time before being inventoried and then shipped somewhere else.

I was at Costco this weekend and they had a huge stack of PS4s. Grand Rapids, MI (Cascade) if anyone is looking.

Down side is it's a bundle. 1 Year of PSN, Extra Controller and the Console...

Playstations aren't in short supply, games that make want a Playstation are.
Same with the Xbone.
No compelling reason to purchase yet.

Titanfall looks good and plays nice on the Xbox One. Both are getting The Division. PS4 will have Naughty Dog games (which their track record is amazing - worth getting the PS3 for their games alone). Other than that, there are some good games, but nothing that will make me want to buy either console. Yet.

PS4 is a fine machine. Xbox One has a good community. Yet, I still haven't seen anything that really stands out. People are having fun with both, but they aren't ranting and raving over anything.

Hard to find? They were hard to find during the holidays, but not impossible. They just weren't everywhere. You had to look around. Probably same thing here.

I hope they enjoy that ridiculous PS4 commercial as much as we do -_-

Costco in Tacoma WA had a pallet full of them yesterday when I was there. Not enough games yet. Made the mistake with the Xbox One.

Back