Sony - Playstation 3 secures GTA 7

Tetrahedron

[H]ard|Gawd
the 7th installment, not GTA 7 the name.

the article quoted below
http://www.comnetslash.com/2007/10/06/playstation-3-secures-gta-7/

Playstation 3 secures GTA 7!

It seems like a back and forth battle between Microsoft and Sony over the GTA ip being on their console. With the latest installment, GTA IV, both consoles will be getting the same time, but Microsoft paid a hefty $50 million add extra content for their version.

Well it seems now that Sony has the upper hand with securing the rights for the next title, which would actually be GTA 7, for the Playstation 3 console.

In a statement to the press, Sony’s Michael Shorrock said:

“Rockstar really wanted to make a game that you can truly only do on PS3, harnessing the power of the Cell and Blu-ray disc and this deal lets them do just that” as said by

“We handed Rockstar a signed blank check because we were short sighted enough to let Grand Theft Auto’s exclusivity get away from us. Oops!”

As it stands, this title wont see the light of day on the Xbox 360 console, but if for some reason the title is released for the console, it will either be dumbed down, or be the first XBox 360 title to use multiple discs.

Eat that 360 Fanboys!

Rockstar really wanted to make a game that you can truly only do on PS3, harnessing the power of the Cell and Blu-ray disc and this deal lets them do just that

..do what, exactly? These are the kind of generic comments I hate when it comes to articles like this. And why does it end with "Eat that 360 Fanboys!" Is this even a real?

OP, you seriously believe this? You muppet... :D

So we're on GTA 4 and they've bought GTA 7... for the PS3... ok.

The above quote and this one:

“We handed Rockstar a signed blank check because we were short sighted enough to let Grand Theft Auto’s exclusivity get away from us. Oops!”

Article sounds fake.
Although it would be interesting if true.

Your source is a blog, the blogs source is some unknown gaming site it seems. Said gaming sites source is another gaming site or blog, and finally the original source is the Nov 07 Official Xbox Magazine. Further reinforcing my belief that blogs are a complete scam perpetuated by talentless, plagiarizing scum.

Oh, GTA 7? If that's true, that musta been one HUGE fucking check.

Wha?

1.)Grand Theft Auto
2.)Grand Theft Auto 2
3.)Grand Theft Auto London
4.)Grand Theft Auto 3
5.)Grand Theft Auto Vice City
6.)Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
7.)Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
8.)Grand theft Auto Vice City Stories
9.)Grand Theft Auto 4
10.)The next Grand Theft Auto

No one counts portable games. We are talking about home system's only.

The PS3 will be dead by then. They have no games now and they are working on games that aren't even going to be ready until 2010?

This article has to be fake.

The PS3 won't move that many more consoles, even with the new $399 price.

Sorry Sony, game over (pun intended).

I'm calling bullshit on that blog. You actually think that Rockstar would be so stupid as to only release GTA on one console? They'd be shooting themself in the foot, especially considering the number of 360 owners out there.

Its a fake.

The PS3 will be dead by then. They have no games now and they are working on games that aren't even going to be ready until 2010?

This article has to be fake.

The PS3 won't move that many more consoles, even with the new $399 price.

Sorry Sony, game over (pun intended).

PS2 has been around for 10 years and games are still being made for it PS3 will be around for 10 years Sony has to plan ahead.

If this was true it makes sense because Blu Ray is much better for a game like GTA since you won't ever have to swap a disc. The cities can be insanely large.

The thing that really does it if it's true though is the fact it wouldnt be out for around 2 years i'd say tops. By that time these consoles will be dirt cheap so people will be able to afford the Ps3 and buy it just for this game. Hell, some people would buy a Ps3 at 600 for a game like this.

PS2 has been around for 10 years and games are still being made for it PS3 will be around for 10 years Sony has to plan ahead.
PS1 and PS2 were around for 10 years because they utterly dominated the generations. There was no plan for a 10 year lifecycle for either console.

Sony has a long way to go to survive 10 years against the Wii, 360 and whatever comes next.

fake? perhaps but others are reporting it too
I'm reporting that my tooth hurts, and is probably in dire need of professional attention. Spread that around on various blogs and forums.

We need more GTA games like I need someone sticking a soldering iron in my damaged, pulsing tooth. Honestly, does anyone really give a shit about these games?

"We've secured a brand new game you've been playing in slightly different locales since 1998! EAT THAT!"

PS1 and PS2 were around for 10 years because they utterly dominated the generations. There was no plan for a 10 year lifecycle for either console.

Sony has a long way to go to survive 10 years against the Wii, 360 and whatever comes next.

When the game production kicks up then we can say who's a contender. Sony pulled a dumb move by rushing there system out the door because now we have to sit longer for real games to come out. With UT3, Orange Box, GTA 4, Little Big Planet, and other games it will on level with the xbox 360 on game content. Then with it's perks of DVR/Internet TV/Blu Ray Player and who knows what else they are going to do with it you can see why Sony still has a chance.

Yeah, i'd say 8 more years is a pretty long time ;)

You actually think that Rockstar would be so stupid as to only release GTA on one console?

Given a sufficiently large financial incentive, why not ?
Taking into account Rockstar's propensity to outdo themselves with each new GTA game, they've got to be concerned about dvd-9 limitations for GTA5.

We'll know soon enough. I'm curious to see if this is actually printed in the Nov OXM. Even if it's true, it probably won't be out until 2010-2011 time frame. No doubt at that point, the wii will be out to pasture and the X720 will be in the wings.

I'm sorry that my contributions to this thread have led to a cluttered, off topic debate.

laters.

Yes. It was intended to be a realistic, yet sarcastic date. I.e. lets all get excited about something thats more than likely completely untrue and at least two years in the future.

Maybe even more, it takes a long time to learn how to use all of those rays.

Edit: We seem to be having a sarcasm perception problem in this thread. Seems to be directly related to people who are actually putting stock in this "news" vs. those of us who feel we're knee deep in bullshit. I don't have enough time to be excited about all the games coming out now, let alone get hyped up for a potential unconfirmed something 2+ years from now.

GTAIV will make or break the series going forward for me, I hated San Andreas. If I don't like GTAIV, the next one won't even grace my radar.

Oh I totally got your sarcasm but considering that GTA4 isn't going to be released until Feb-March of 08 a 2 year product cycle is not that long thus the sarcasm is kinda thin. I don't think it's also hype since it's still 2+ years away I think it's just news and I am sure the people who believe it aren't all tingling in there pants about it. I could really care less either way if Xbox 360 got the exclusive or if PS3 did but to know it doesn't hurt me either. If it's wrong then we will find out sooner or later.

PS2 = Best selling/ GC last gen
Gamecube = Least selling console

Xbox 360 ( I heard the 360 is in the lead again after Halo 3) = Best selling this gen
PS3 = Least selling This gen

So PS3 = Gamecube....Haven't seen alot of gamecube games lately

PS2 = Best selling/ GC last gen
Gamecube = Least selling console

Xbox 360 ( I heard the 360 is in the lead again after Halo 3) = Best selling this gen
PS3 = Least selling This gen

So PS3 = Gamecube....Haven't seen alot of gamecube games lately

X360 best selling console this gen because you have to buy 2-3 to get a working one to play on. :p

TO be fair, X360 was released 1 yr before the PS3, I don't remember the X360 having a huge/enormous library during that first year. 2008 should be a good year for both X360 and PS3.... PS3 should get some good content and hopefully after 3 years of making these things Microsoft can manufacture some X360's that won't red ring 30% of the time.

That's funny because I remember the 360 having an awesome library it's first year, PS3's full year will be in a few weeks.
It had PD0,Gears of War, Oblivion, Vegas, CoD2 + 3, PGR3. So in 360's first year they had quite a few decent games, plus it's killer app, Gears of War. I have yet to see PS3s'.

But lets be be honest, the 360 will always be 1 year ahead of PS3, so I doubt it will ever catch up. I have yet to see anyone get 3 rings of death including my own 360 which I got in December 05. It's really just ridiculous seeing these people replacing their 360 like 20 times, makes me wonder if it is the place they are plugging it in.

im sorry but it wont be the first title that uses multiple discs on the 360.

as far as i know blue dragon was the first to use multiple discs but i could be wrong on it being hte first.

That's funny because I remember the 360 having an awesome library it's first year, PS3's full year will be in a few weeks.
It had PD0,Gears of War, Oblivion, Vegas, CoD2 + 3, PGR3. So in 360's first year they had quite a few decent games, plus it's killer app, Gears of War. I have yet to see PS3s'.

But lets be be honest, the 360 will always be 1 year ahead of PS3, so I doubt it will ever catch up. I have yet to see anyone get 3 rings of death including my own 360 which I got in December 05. It's really just ridiculous seeing these people replacing their 360 like 20 times, makes me wonder if it is the place they are plugging it in.

Are you really serious? lmao. I have had my console since launch day, and i'm on my 3rd. After the 1st failed I was told to never plug it into a surge protector, but always into a wall.

you sure are a bloody retard, most of my friends are on at least there 2nd console

As it stands, this title wont see the light of day on the Xbox 360 console, but if for some reason the title is released for the console, it will either be dumbed down, or be the first XBox 360 title to use multiple discs.

Yes because they couldnt use HD or anything after all.....

Resistance was the Halo for PS3 around launch.
Oblivion came out on the PS3 as well as Vegas (both withen PS3's first year)
Also CoD, so you could say that out of the games you mentioned for "first year" apps, PS3 isn't doing so bad.

Resistance was the Halo for PS3 around launch.
Oblivion came out on the PS3 as well as Vegas (both withen PS3's first year)
Also CoD, so you could say that out of the games you mentioned for "first year" apps, PS3 isn't doing so bad.

You also forget heavenly sword. I know some people here are complaining about it's length ,but it took me the same amount of time to finish COD3 and I thought the game was the Best game I have played on the PS3 so far. I liked the story the art and the game play. It may not be innovative but it sure is well done. I know Lair was a bust but I have not played it yet so I cannot make my own call on it until I do. ( I rented it and it is on it's way). We will still see Ratchet and clank as well as uncharted in the first year as well. So the PS3 may not have the full library that the 360 does but the end of the year seems to be shaping up MUCH better than the beginning.

im sorry but it wont be the first title that uses multiple discs on the 360.

as far as i know blue dragon was the first to use multiple discs but i could be wrong on it being hte first.

Yes.. you're right.. Blue dragon was the first multi disc Xbox game.. i'm not sure if there are other games that are multi disc

Are you really serious? lmao. I have had my console since launch day, and i'm on my 3rd. After the 1st failed I was told to never plug it into a surge protector, but always into a wall.

you sure are a bloody retard, most of my friends are on at least there 2nd console

My friend got an Xbox360 on launch.. it's still working fine...

I've had my Xbox360 for about a year now.. still working fine

Back