Sony Optiarc AD-7260S on Asus P8P67

I am wondering if anyone is using, or has used the Sony Optiarc AD-7260S optical drive successfully on the INTEL SATA ports of their P8P67 based board? I built my system last week and it seems my Pioneer DVR-216 does not like to be put on the Intel Sata ports at all on this board. The UEFI recognizes it fine, but Windows will lock up each and every time on the splash screen logo until I unplug the drive and reboot in which Windows will work like nothing was ever wrong... until I plug the 216 back in that is. It seems this drive only works on the Marvel Sata ports which is a real disappointment having to have this controller enabled just for an optical drive. I am looking into a replacement and the 7260S is the only one I am really interested in as it is the only drive around still using the famous NEC chipset over that of the cheaper/inferior Mediatek chipset that all the other manufacturers are using. I of course need to know if I will run into similar issues. Can anyone share?

Thanks in advance.

i've run the Sony Optiarc AD-7260S successfully on both the 3.0 Gb/s and 6.0 Gb/s Intel ports on my P8P67 PRO. no issues whatsoever. it's not a vanilla P8P67 but i don't see why the outcome would change.

Awesome! 2 successful reports, I guess I know I can safely get and use this drive without issue. Are you running the intel ports as AHCI by any chance? That is what I run my ports in and would like to continue to do so. I need to make this clear in case the AHCI option is the issue.

Would you 2 mind telling me which exact ports you have them connected to number wise? Thanks.

Back