Sony Leaked Launch Trailer.......PS4?

....what a waste of time to watch.

Most likely, anyways, to be that stupid 3d bullshit. They already announced they are going to incorporate 3d and move (oh god).

which probably explains why psn has been down for maintenance all night too. I never saw the notice, so when I tried to access the store to buy joe danger and soldner x-2 tonight, I was met with a retarded 'your country/region cannot access the store.' wasted a huge amount of time trying to fix that, finaly figured out it was maintenance, now I do not even want the games anymore now that psn was back online. would have been nice if the cosnole reported something useful like 'psn is down for maintenance'.

now I will sit around until those two titles go down in price just out of spite...
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

which probably explains why psn has been down for maintenance all night too. I never saw the notice, so when I tried to access the store to buy joe danger and soldner x-2 tonight, I was met with a retarded 'your country/region cannot access the store.' wasted a huge amount of time trying to fix that, finaly figured out it was maintenance, now I do not even want the games anymore now that psn was back online. would have been nice if the cosnole reported something useful like 'psn is down for maintenance'.

now I will sit around until those two titles go down in price just out of spite...

Originally it did tell you it was down for maintenance for about 5 hours, then eventually let you sign in for online gaming and told you the store wasn't available, plus a few simple clicks on the net before flapping and you would have known the situation.

BTW your really missing out by being spiteful, Joe danger is an amazing game!

i think its time for me to buy a new tv, ive been holding off for the past 2 years, looks like ill be buying that 46" 3d sammy!!

Originally it did tell you it was down for maintenance for about 5 hours, then eventually let you sign in for online gaming and told you the store wasn't available, plus a few simple clicks on the net before flapping and you would have known the situation.

BTW your really missing out by being spiteful, Joe danger is an amazing game!

I had a japanese psn account on my system so I figured that was causing the problem. I killed that account, reset my ps3 multiple times, changed routers, killed my primary psn account, tried with a new psn account, plus some other stuff before I gave up. anyway just terrible that they cannot put up a better message during the full maintenance timeframe.

As a glasses wearer, I will not be purchasing a 3D TV until the funk-goggles are ditched. That and the 2nd gen of them come around.

As a glasses wearer, I will not be purchasing a 3D TV until the funk-goggles are ditched. That and the 2nd gen of them come around.

As a non glasses wearer, I will not be purchasing a 3D TV until the funk-goggles are ditched. I am confident the majority of consumers feel the same.

i do think im a minority, i cant wait to do some motorstorm etc in 3d!!

As someone who knows that it's going to be gimmick for at least 2 years, I will not be purchasing a 3D TV unless my current TV dies and there are no other options :p
I don't even mind the googles, it's just a technology that a movie or game has to be built around with no 2D option available. Otherwise it'll forever be the way it is now.

it's just a technology that a movie or game has to be built around with no 2D option available.

what do you meen no 2d option? whatever can be watched in 3d can be flicked into 2d

i like to try it out sometime but.. dont think i would invest into a whole new 3D tv when i have perfectly good working one :)

what do you meen no 2d option? whatever can be watched in 3d can be flicked into 2d

Exactly, and that's the problem. Until there's some true 3D features that simply can not work in 2D (right now it's just artifical depth) - it's just a gimmick. That technology is still a ways off. The "3D" we have now is still just 2.5D....if that.

Exactly, and that's the problem. Until there's some true 3D features that simply can not work in 2D (right now it's just artifical depth) - it's just a gimmick. That technology is still a ways off. The "3D" we have now is still just 2.5D....if that.

whats true 3d in your opinion? i cant see how much more 3d you can get from a tv infront of you!! i dont think there will ever be a 3d only game just like there will never be a 3d only movie

Actually, games or movies made with 3D in mind will display as 3D like in the Theaters (i.e. Avatar) which you can still turn off and view it as 2D only.
However, there is a feature on these 3DTV that lets you 3D-convert an existing movie that was not made with 3D. That feature I would call as gimmick, like 1080p DVD upconversion.

3D Movies will have depth in them while 3D-converted movies will only look raised.

whats true 3d in your opinion? i cant see how much more 3d you can get from a tv infront of you!! i dont think there will ever be a 3d only game just like there will never be a 3d only movie

holodeck

when they make that u let me know :p

yeah, i hate how they call this "3D", to me, it's more like 2.1D (doesn't even deserve +0.5)

the screens that don't require glasses would be 2.2D

and then when the tech gets better and you can focus on whatever you like (not sure how this will work though) that'll be 2.5D

3D is, like the previous poster said, hologram (you can actually change perspective and focus)

All just IMO, of course, obviously it's just a marketing tagline, so whatever...

My PS3 YLOD today :(. Is there anyway to resurrect it without hard work?

^^ exactly what I was going to say. Plus the dude wearing glasses and them saying he's doing good. Obviously a test subject for 3d gaming it was supposed to simulate. Could also hear sounds from aliens vs predator. If it was for playstation 4, sony would've sneaked a 4 in the trailer somewhere, remember the first ps3 commercial? clouds formed a 3 and they said the wait was over, or I could see them doing a shadow outline of the ps4 system. something along those lines.

Point is, definitely the firmware update.

Edit: scott posted before mine. Modern warfare very well could be, but I believe meatycheesyboy was talking about a new system. They wouldnt show modern warfare 2 for the ps4, even if it would have backwards compatible it would still look just as shitty.

Its definitely firmware related. If Sony announced the PS4 at E3 I think the entire world would stand still, pause and collectively laugh their asses off.

I believe meatycheesyboy was talking about a new system. They wouldnt show modern warfare 2 for the ps4, even if it would have backwards compatible it would still look just as shitty.

Exactly. I was posting this in the context that people believed it was a teaser for the PS4 in which case it would be a huge marketing mistake for Sony to show a current gen game and not try to launch either a new IP or a dramatically enhanced sequel to a hugely popular exclusive property.

As for it being a commercial to tout their new firmware to add 3D, who knows, maybe it is. Guess we'll know for sure next week.

3D needs to mature more fully before gaming companies try to bring that to our living room, i don't think it will add anything to the experience for a while, the technology has to mature a little more to have any meaningful impact on us as gamers.

Back