Sony Hacked By Ex-Employee?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Now, before you laugh at this, I want to remind you that this is just as good as any other theory out there. ;)

FBI agents investigating the Sony Pictures hack were briefed Monday by a security firm that says its research points to laid-off Sony staff, not North Korea, as the perpetrator — another example of the continuing whodunnit blame game around the devastating attack.

LOL. The president and the FBI should stay off the Internet because they obviously don't know what they are doing.

Anyone watching CNN or Fox5 would think it's North Korea. But those people can't explain why the tides go in tides go out. Everyone involved in the tech industry was guessing ex-employee. And there were layoffs recently done by Sony.

I think it's obvious that Sony was hacked by hyper-advanced Martian cave people who came here from Venus to rescue two whales and take them back to the future on a hovering skateboard so that the giant spaceship in orbit of their planet won't use a giantical lazor on their planet as a way of ransoming one million dollars out of JFK so they can resurrect Elvis and bring back those dumb bell-bottom things that all the old people still wear when they're nothing but black silhouettes holding an iPod and dancing to music made two guys that are trying to save an orphanage and have to get back to Chicago in an old police car.

Two likely scenarios:

1.) North Korea hired out hacker mercenaries. Sony Pictures was spear phished. Somebody clicked on the "Cute kitten video" and installed software that may have been used in the South Korea bank and reversed TCP'd back to the mothership.

2.) Disgruntled Employee wanted payback, gave the keys to the front door to the infrastructure to a hacking community.

I'm leaning more towards scenario 2.

Keep up the ass-covering, Sony. This was a marketing stunt and we know it.

No tears for NK if its not them. They made threats, they pre-volunteered to own it.

No Agenda covered this.

There is no stated evidence that North Korea did this. Find one official person that has given substationive proof....of any kind. North Korea won't even take credit. In fact they are actually pissed off that we blamed them.

Keep up the ass-covering, Sony. This was a marketing stunt and we know it.

The dumbest marketing stunt of all time. Are you kidding me?

"Hey, let's leak all of our internal company documents because we made a single bad movie!" That'll do the trick!

They probably let go one of their best workers..... Sony did and the Managers were 18 year old kids with ties.

They were hacked using North Korea's malware kit, so I'm curious how Sony's ex-employee managed to get ahold of that. It's not every day that a disgruntled employee hacks a government to use their malware as revenge against their former employer, and then leak SSN's, private keys, and unreleased movies. No, that would be suicidal.

Plot twist: Someone at Sony simply forgot to log off.

Hell,it makes as much sense as any other theory,be ironic if after all this chaos it turned out to be nothing more than a disgruntled ex-employee. Or maybe more than one,since a corporate giant like Sony probably has a ton of them.

The months long PSN downtime years ago was done by ex-employees, at least that makes it easy to find the responsible ones and take care of them.

Anyone watching CNN or Fox5 would think it's North Korea. But those people can't explain why the tides go in tides go out. Everyone involved in the tech industry was guessing ex-employee. And there were layoffs recently done by Sony.

Kinda hard to watch Fox5 here. Since we only have Fox 29.

Back