Sony GDM-F520 - stuck at 60hz with BNC

Toompra

Weaksauce
I recently snagged a Sony GDM-F520 from a craigslist sale, overall its a really nice monitor (especially the black level, better than anything I've seen before) but I just ran into a slight problem. I'm trying to hook it up via BNC to my older computer with a Radeon 8500 but I can't get the refresh rate to go above 60hz, even with the monitor driver installed. On my newer comp with an 8800GTS it works fine, I can go above 60hz even without the driver.

Does anyone know whats wrong here?

Thanks but refreshforce will only work for games. I need to make it work during regular desktop use.

I assume because it is a picky ATI card. :)

Under advanced graphics card options, isn't there a setting to show unsupported refresh rates. Click that. I have BNC on one of my monitors and it can't read the monitor info over BNC. So it doesn't know what it supports. I just show unsupported and pick something I know is supported.

refreshforce should work on all modes, you can set the rate for every supported res.

Well I just plugged the BNC cable in again and to my suprise all refreshrates are working now. Wonder why the heck they didn't work before, maybe it just needed to be re-plugged? Go figure.

Thanks for the help guys.

BNC doesn't pass the DDC info to video card, so you need to manually select the refresh rate limitation for it, it should be in the advanced tab, in the display properties.

Back