Sony/From Software's "Project Beast"

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness
First video footage from the Creator's of Dark Souls, teamed up with Sony's money and graphic engine know-how:

If you have a decent media player like K-lite/Media Player Classic or maybe VLC, save these links as, to your hard drive. Queue them up in this order (firefox will also play them natively):

http://a.pomf.se/djsxfc.webm
http://a.pomf.se/pfqpvs.webm
http://a.pomf.se/akfinw.webm
http://a.pomf.se/zoyrmx.webm

super crappy youtube version here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0YvHBxv-3Y

This is a leak, so no news on a possible PC verision. I would speculate this is a PS4 exclusive for the foreseeable future. But, Dark Souls 1 and 2 are in steam's daily top 30 most played games and Dark Souls 1 is guesstimated to have sold around 1.5 million copies on Steam. So....!

Last edited:
This is easily my most anticipated game. As long as it goes to a next gen console I'll be stoked.

*fingers crossed*

That neoGAF thread is classic overreaction. I've never been a fan of horrible controls, bad graphics, and bad gameplay (demon souls/dark souls). Not dogging peoples likes and dislikes but damn. I suppose people liked Heavy Rajn and Beyond Two Souls though.

The only reason that shit is hard is because it's controls are horrible.

As usual the gifs are legendary

hCA95D31A

Last edited:
is that a shotgun in his left hand?...doesn't seem very Dark Souls-like if that's the case

either way I'm expecting an official announcement at E3 in 2 weeks

WOW some footage I like how they made the Foggy Doors next gen =)
I'm sure this is going to be PS4 exclusive cause Sony=Nippon...

I bet they keep the Demon Souls music for the game that would rock....

I would quit my Walmart job for this game =)

That neoGAF thread is classic overreaction. I've never been a fan of horrible controls, bad graphics, and bad gameplay (demon souls/dark souls). Not dogging peoples likes and dislikes but damn. I suppose people liked Heavy Rajn and Beyond Two Souls though.

As usual the gifs are legendary

hCA95D31A

That is the most modern Drake of a Preacher I ever seen...

is that a shotgun in his left hand?...doesn't seem very Dark Souls-like if that's the case

either way I'm expecting an official announcement at E3 in 2 weeks

Looks like it. Maybe they'll have some firearms with slow musket like reloading speed?

I'm going to worship this game till it's released going to be good. If you play the PC version you need to try the console version which is where it started....

If you accept the info given by demonnite, and the person who you know......actually leaked this shit, it's a ps4 exclusive

Sony would be foolish to not use the demons souls IP they've sat on for over half a decade, assuming its a true souls game

if this is demon soul's sequel then you will never see PC version...sony owns right to IP
better pray that it's new IP

A. what does the Demon's Soul name have anything to do with whether or not a PC port happens?

B. Sony makes PC games, you know?

C. I could easily see this being named something without "souls" in the name, out of respect for what From had to do to move on and develop the I.P. further.

D. I could also see them doing the our own corporate reality thing and using the Demon's Souls name. At any rate, I will assumed this is a PS4 exclusive, for the foreseeable future. But I wouldn't count out a PC release, someday. Dark Souls has a very nice place in the PC market, despite technical/port issues. Sony may want a piece of that pie. ArsTechnica does some internet Voodoo to very accurately estimate Steam sales figures. They say Dark Souls 1 sold 1.3 million copies.

Wish i could get into the demon soul games but they just dont do it for me at all. This does look very good though.

Demon's Souls 2?

Casual alert! :p

Nothing casual about it plague, the controls are extremely sloppy and movement is not normal, it's the only reason it's actually hard. It reminds me of Arma, it has tons of potential but it's just not there.

It's sort of like trying to play flappy bird in its frustration level. If those issues were fixed I'm sure it would be an awesome title for me.

Nothing casual about it plague, the controls are extremely sloppy and movement is not normal, it's the only reason it's actually hard. It reminds me of Arma, it has tons of potential but it's just not there.

It's sort of like trying to play flappy bird in its frustration level. If those issues were fixed I'm sure it would be an awesome title for me.

Your timing being off =/= bad controls.
The controls are perfect. If you mess up, that is YOUR fault.

There no aim assist, no driving assist. That's the kind of game Souls is.
You can say you don't like it, because it frustrates you, but saying the controls are the only reason the game is hard because you can't get used to it is nonsense.

movement and jumping around feels better than Uncharted 1/2/3 and Tomb Raider. All highly rated games. A couple of which some would say defined last generation.

and the reason they feel better?-----because I'm doing all of the moving/jumping. If I miss, it's my fault. Not the engine assist.

If I don't dodge an attack in time, it's because I didn't do it in time. Not because of some contextual BS, a QTE, or some other constrained junk.

Sure, DSouls isn't a blazing fast combo slam with move cancels, like Devil May Cry 3 (a game I also love) but DSouls is the other side of the same coin.

Maybe I should play the console version then because I played the PC version. The 360 controls on that version were horrible.

Extremely lose or delayed even would be what I'd call it ( just played it again)

Last edited:
Maybe I should play the console version then because I played the PC version. The 360 controls on that version were horrible.

Extremely lose or delayed even would be what I'd call it ( just played it again)

i felt same way tbh, and its not me either as the other poster suggested it was. Just felt very sluggish response. probably why i never could get myself into it. Guess i just prefer the DMC/Castlevania style of action.

When you press the button you don't attack, you swing your weapon.
Lighter weapons will be faster to swing. Heavier weapons will be slower.
It's all in the animation, pay attention to the movement. Same thing with blocking/parry. Souls games are all about timing.

A. what does the Demon's Soul name have anything to do with whether or not a PC port happens?

B. Sony makes PC games, you know?

derp

Sony doesn't port first-party exclusives to PC

you'd be banned on neoGAF for this shit lol

the best thing about Demon's Souls & Dark Souls 1 are the tight responsive controls, I'm not a fan of the "adjustments" they made to Dark Souls 2 controls

saying they're extremely sloppy and movement is not normal just screams umad.gif that you never became any good at the game and took your anger out on the game's controls rather than your own inability

the controls are fucking perfect and the reason i come back to the game over and over

derp

Sony doesn't port first-party exclusives to PC

you'd be banned on neoGAF for this shit lol

"port begging" which is a punishable offense on neogaf, is not what I was doing in that post.

It's funny that you mention that, though. As if Neogaf is some example of how foruming should be done.:rolleyes:

the best thing about Demon's Souls & Dark Souls 1 are the tight responsive controls, I'm not a fan of the "adjustments" they made to Dark Souls 2 controls

saying they're extremely sloppy and movement is not normal just screams umad.gif that you never became any good at the game and took your anger out on the game's controls rather than your own inability

the controls are fucking perfect and the reason i come back to the game over and over

PC or console?

I bet with this game the bosses get more complex then just having to circle them and throw spells at them or use magic... If they made this game super hard it would be awesome I bet t hey bring back all of the old characters back from Demon souls..

new trend: whatever real-time footage they show at E3 will be downgraded by the time the actual game comes out...scrap the fancy lighting and particle effects and create a prototype demo to get consumers excited :cool:

new trend: whatever real-time footage they show at E3 will be downgraded by the time the actual game comes out...scrap the fancy lighting and particle effects and create a prototype demo to get consumers excited :cool:

I hope not. From's explanation for the downgrade of Dark Souls 2 makes sense on consoles and they can get away with pulling that once. If they're working with Sony then they need to bring their A game and not bullshit people again.

There actually was no official explanation by From or Bamco. The "explanation" was from an unnamed source, that may or may not have been "close" to development and not necessarily actually part of it.

Well they wouldn't downgrade the fidelity just to piss people off, there's only two reasons I can think of

Consoles weren't capable of maintaining those effects for the entire game

Or

They intentionally added them to the e3 builds to garner more hype, knowing in advance it would have to be removed prior to release for technical reasons

This is also why FROMs statement that the console versions were a port from the PC build was a fucking lie. Where are those lighting effects on the PC version? Oh, because it's a modified port.

I still think Demon souls was put together better then Dark souls I and II
It was just raw I hope from software returns to that.
Kings Field I II IV were all pretty good cause it has atmosphere up the yin yang.

Like how Borderlands I was Raw to me

while Borderlands II was thing eye candy fest after the core game came out..

Demon's Souls also had the best level maps OF ALL TIME :D

31_en_toweroflatria.gif

I think I spent more time in that level than it took me to play through some entire games :eek:

Yeah when I got to the first SLUG boss on tops of the stairs I was like HOLLLLLEEEEEEE SHITTT!!
Then I got to the Tower Boss and was like Awesome

I go to the Spider Boss after a summon showed me the way and I thought it was one of the coolest bosses in the game just to have a big spider hurling fireballs at you then trapping you with webbing.

This is probably the only thing I care to see at E3, if it does make an appearance.

i felt same way tbh, and its not me either as the other poster suggested it was. Just felt very sluggish response. probably why i never could get myself into it. Guess i just prefer the DMC/Castlevania style of action.

For me, I neve rliked the controls of Souls. just absolutely terrible and the only reason IMO it was hard is because it was the crappy controls. I was battling with the crappy controls instead of actually playing the game.

If it had smoother movement the game would be easy as all hell. The timing isn't even hard in the game.

This and the new Uncharted are the only new games I care about so far.

Back