Sony Finally Sees A Profit

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't want to jinx Sony by saying this is a miracle but it's a damn miracle! :D

This year's earnings would be Sony's biggest annual operating profit in seven years, though well below an average analyst forecast of 408 billion yen, according to Thomson Reuters. Achieving it would mark another milestone in Chief Executive Kazuo Hirai's long haul to pull one of Japan's most iconic technology firms out of heavy losses, squeezed by cheaper and more nimble rivals in mass consumer electronics.

He is doing an impressive job, clearly the man they needed to hire. That said there was one quote that I laughed at.

Apparently he went with the "Uh why would I listen to the idiots that nearly tanked the company" approach.

I am surprised they don't mention anything about Playstation in the link. Sony deserves credit for the outstanding PS4 success in the non-gaming media. Nice turnaround after the lackluster (but still competent) PS3.

I really hope Sony gets their shit together and gets back to making great innovative products.

I also hope that Plasma TVs come back though, aint gonna happen.

I am surprised they don't mention anything about Playstation in the link. Sony deserves credit for the outstanding PS4 success in the non-gaming media. Nice turnaround after the lackluster (but still competent) PS3.

I would think that success is more attributed to the competitions failure rather than creating an outstanding product. The PS4 is an ok product in a sea of garbage. The Xbone is a joke and WII U was a critical error on Nintendo's part (hey lets make the most accessible console ever for casuals, now lets add a clunky ipad style touch screen to it).

As part of its restructuring, Sony has exited PCs and spun off its TV business. It also plans to split off its audio and video business in an effort to hold subsidiaries more accountable for making a profit.

So what does that leave them with, other than the PS4 and camera sensors?

Sony still makes some damn good tv's, camera's and other utilities..He will cut the fat, increase product reliability while retaining a profit. Damn good guy to be at the reigns of SONY.

Back