Sony DVD+-RW on DFI NFII Ultra Infinity

aznkid83

Limp Gawd
i just threw out my old msi kt133a based board and threw in dfi's nfii ultra infinity board and i have my sony dvd+-rw DRU-530a as master on my secondary channel and my older lite-on 32x cd-rw drive as its slave. this worked fine before i did the upgrade but now i'm having trouble reading dvd+r's that i've burned before. it would try to read it but when i look at my computer, the drive label is "CD Drive" as opposed to the dvd+r's label or "DVD-RW Drive". one out of many dvd+r's i tried actually worked as usual. regular dvd's work too. i dont' use dvd-r's so that's not an issue for me. is this an issue with nForce 2 400 ultra ide controller or its driver? should i try to make my sony a slave and figure out something for my lite-on to keep that as a slave? i remember long ago that cd-rom drives do not like being master of the channel and i've always put the cd-rom drives as the slave. i didn't have problems with the sony drive as a master until i upgraded the motherboard. does anyone have any ideas? sorry about the long post.

Back