Sony Defends Controversial “The Last of Us Part 2” Trailer

I hope this game avoid the terrible stealth sequences from the first game.
Stealth was no problem, it was the damn firefights. Now I'm not saying there shouldn't be any of those in the game, but give me at least a ball mouse over those damn sticks.

Is it weird that The Last of Us is one of the only reasons I've ever considered getting a late gen console? Is it weird that my curiosity about the game has almost actually made me justify spending $400 to play a single game?

I got PSNow on PC and binged a wack load of PS3 exclusives. Look forward to doing the same with PS4 some time down the road.

Nope, I got a PS4, then a PS4 Pro pretty much just for Naughty Dog games and a couple other exclusives. Definitely worth it, as those exclusives are better than anything I've played on PC as far as single-player story based games go. I'm definitely looking forward to Horizon's DLC coming out next week at the moment. I've put about 150 hours into the main game.

I play games not consoles so some games can be very expensive. The last of us was one such game and last of us 2 will be also. I did play some other exclusives, but only after getting last of us and Im hoping itll be the same again.

excellent trailer.

naughty dog quality. didnt get into the first game too much because of the necessary stealth, although it did add some immersion I just didnt follow through.

great game though.

This is my biggest problem with consoles. I love them and always have. But, playing on PC and getting spoiled with the mouse/keyboard and then going to console with the controller - I SUCK. I can kick ass with FPS's on the PC. I'm not that bad. Go to the console, and I'm proud of my 2 kills and 35 deaths. :D It's a whole different ballgame with the different controls. It takes a while to get used to it. It's also shitty going from Xbox to PS4 to PC to Sega to PS4, etc.etc... What button does what?!

I can no longer play shooter games with a gamepad. I played a few years ago but that was with the PS2. I can't aim at all with an Xbox controller. I was so bad with it that for some games I used mouse keyboard for on person sections and the Xbox controller for vehicles. If the game is a 3rd person action adventure game with minimal shooting I use a controller (Mad Max). Or if the aiming is very imprecise or has a bit of auto aim (Just Cause 3). If it is not, the controls better not be shit and they better work for mouse/keyboard because that is what I am using. If the next Tomb Raider game shits the bed on controls I will throw a shitfit for sure. :D

I'm not up to date on TV shows, I have no idea what are you talking about.

Seems like every television show i've ever watched with a female lead... at some point she has to get pregnant, like every women in the world must get pregnant at the first opportunity.

Seems like every television show i've ever watched with a female lead... at some point she has to get pregnant, like every women in the world must get pregnant at the first opportunity.
I'm about 2-3 years behind on my TV schedule. Trying to catch up but it's hopeless. In 2014 I had a contract work for 3 months abroad, haven't been able to catch up on most series ever since, and I barely start anything new. That said, noone got pregnant in the Expanse yet :D

I can somewhat get that, as I love playing PC games maxed out at 60+ fps as well, but ultimately that's still a petty reason to not play these other amazing games.
I just worry about my TV, there were a few moments during Last of Us where I was about to smash the dualshock controller trough the screen.

Horizon (and most other Sony published exclusives) on PS4 runs at 30 FPS and it's amazing how smooth it plays still, because there's 0 frame pacing issues and it's absolutely locked at 30 fps at all times, so it feels much smoother than it is. I know that may sound like hyperbole, but if you've actually played it, I know you'd see for yourself.
He's called motion blur, we're not on talking terms.

These games don't require max precision to navigate obstacles or take down enemies (most of the time) either, so I have had no issues going from kb&m to a controller. In fact, if I'm not playing a FPS or RTS game on my PC, I will typically hook up a controller to play games on my PC as well just for the added comfort.
It's not about FPS, I used to happily play games at 10-15 FPS in the stone age of 3D. it's about the fact that I can no longer learn to control a game with sticks so I'm so damn poor at it, that any game becomes torture even on the easiest of easy settings.

I know why it's Controversial. It's because there's violence against multiple women in it!

There's only one gender you can hammer to death, strangle, hammer an arm... It's a male.

Yup. Reading the article linked through it doesn't even bother to mention that there is also domestic violence in the form of the kid killing the father in the becoming human trailer.

All of it is pretty light weight compared to say the walking dead, so... pretty much double standards on every vector.

2. Hammer to the forearm causing the bone to break, that gotta hurt like a motha......yet she shrugs it off at the end.

Its a game... but in reality adrenaline can allow people do seemingly impossible things... so it is a possibility. But again... its a game. That was a sweet trailer... to bad i wont ever be able to play it.. unless someday it comes out for pc

I just worry about my TV, there were a few moments during Last of Us where I was about to smash the dualshock controller trough the screen.

He's called motion blur, we're not on talking terms.

It's not about FPS, I used to happily play games at 10-15 FPS in the stone age of 3D. it's about the fact that I can no longer learn to control a game with sticks so I'm so damn poor at it, that any game becomes torture even on the easiest of easy settings.

Damn.. you make it seem like you have some sort of disability, hah. Sucks man..

Back