Sony “Danced In The Aisles” When They Heard The Xbox One Price

It's a console launch. There are some hardcore Forza (XB1 exclusive) fans and some hardcore sports gamer fans (think FIFA, multiplatform) who have purchased the new consoles. Destiny has the potential to sell a lot of consoles but I don't think it will. Little Big Planet 3 will help sell a lot of PS4s. Halo Master Chief Edition will sell a ton of Xbox Ones, as will Halo 5 in 2015.

In any case, it's clear that Sony has won the race for early adopters by a fair margin, though I believe both are not moving as fast as people had thought.

Ya, I wasn't knocking any of that. My point was that there are more meaningful metrics than performance and price differentials alone.

FIFA 14 was my reason for wanting a PS4 but I figured that I already have it on PS3. Wii U may be underpowered (and I had little interest in it at first) but they sold me completely on the quality of the software.

I still don't see any reason to upgrade past my PS3. I just it mostly for amazon/Netflix and once I actually watched a blue ray on it. After the Last of Us, Heavy Rain, and I am working on the Drakes series I don't see much to play. So PC still gets my time mostly.

Don't forget to check out beyond two souls also.and gta 5

Basically, perhaps it's just you don't see the big picture. Or PS4 is not optimized by software to use all the power it possesses from the "architecture".

There are things behind the scenes like the cloud that offload calculations done from the console to boost performance from server side. There is also Direct3D 12 which is exclusive to the Xbox One. For what it is worth I believe Microsoft is getting more out of what little they supposedly have.

You know MS has stopped using that term right?

*gets out calculator*

It checks out, people!

tumblr_lvwq3metN51qbq46co4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_lvwq3metN51qbq46co5_r1_250.gif

tumblr_lvwq3metN51qbq46co6_r1_250.gif

90% of the people saying PS4 has no games, or has no games coming in the near future, are CLEARLY X-Box Fanboi's.

Now I am a hardware junky, so, at first glance, the PS4 wins, hardware in mind.
They both have GREAT exclusives, but it all comes down to which one has MORE exclusives YOU want to play?

PS4 has almost DOUBLED X-Box One sales as of right now. Now factor in Vita Sales since the release of the PS4, that has also doubled.

It will be a close race, but Sony got a FREE head-start. Lets see how it pans out.

90% of the people saying PS4 has no games, or has no games coming in the near future, are CLEARLY X-Box Fanboi's.

They both have GREAT exclusives, but it all comes down to which one has MORE exclusives YOU want to play?

PS4 has almost DOUBLED X-Box One sales as of right now. Now factor in Vita Sales since the release of the PS4, that has also doubled.

It will be a close race, but Sony got a FREE head-start. Lets see how it pans out.

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-vs-xbox-one-sony-outsells-microsoft-five-months-straight-1603804

This is a NICE read. LOL

Now factor in Vita Sales since the release of the PS4, that has also doubled.

It will be a close race

The Vita doubling sales means jack all, it's dead in the West.

And it'll only be a close race in Western countries (possibly), MS will never catch up world wide.

Just get what you like who really cares which is better... I mean they are both massive upgrades from the previous gen.

I for one am impressed by how much of an upgrade the Xbox one is over the Xbox 360. I love the UI and how easy and quick it is to jump in and out of games. Also the controller is better on the xbox over the ps4. I am not concerned about some games running at lower res right now. With directX 12 coming out they are claiming double the spend, with the 10% extra they just add recently removing it from the Kinect and even if they get a 20-30% with directx 12 it will be the same as the PS4 if not faster then.

So really get what you want and just enjoy it.

Also Xbox dominated for what was it 2-3 straight years in sales, I am happy that Sony is dominating now, if PS died off it would be bad for all of us.

Just get what you like who really cares which is better... I mean they are both massive upgrades from the previous gen.

I for one am impressed by how much of an upgrade the Xbox one is over the Xbox 360. I love the UI and how easy and quick it is to jump in and out of games. Also the controller is better on the xbox over the ps4. I am not concerned about some games running at lower res right now. With directX 12 coming out they are claiming double the spend, with the 10% extra they just add recently removing it from the Kinect and even if they get a 20-30% with directx 12 it will be the same as the PS4 if not faster then.

DX12 and dropping Kinect usage is not going to make up the ROP difference.

From what I read, both Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo are greatly disappointed with next gen sales. But Sony is clobbering Microsoft on numbers just the same.

There's no incentive to upgrade. Microsoft doesn't offer backwards compatibility. And it cost an arm and leg. Sony's library for dedicated PS4 games, like Microsoft's stinks.

If I were Sony or Microsoft, I would cut licensing fees to $1.00/game if they make the game a next gen exlusive, or $2.00/game if the game demonstrates clear advantages on the new platform.

All consoles have poor lineups at release. How many good games came out with the PS1, 2 or 3? Not many.

As the months go on more big titles will be released which will sway people over regardless if they are on the old console or not. If people plan on buying a PS4 within the next 3-4 years, why not buy it now to play Watch Dogs ect.? Same price as buying it on a PS3. In the next few months more big games will come to the PS4 and Xbone.

Got a PS4 as a gift. After opening it I acted like I had really wanted it to be nice. Pretty much no games worth getting, Second Son is alright.. but lost interest quickly. Later I bought an Xbone just to play Forza, and I do play the shit out of it... but I bought it knowing there were basically no other games for the system that I want.

Game situation for both consoles is crap. Graphics for both consoles is crap. But, they're both equally crappy, so you cannot go wrong. =D

Why does the PS4 cost less then it does to make?

$399

Why do we now need to pay to access online multiplayer?

$399

Will the browser me updated unlike the PS3?

$399

What's $199.5 plus 199.5?

$399
lmao... nice.

I gave up on consoles after I bought my PS3...which is only a blu-ray player to me now.:eek:

The ps4 has zero great games right now don't care how many they've sold if they don't have any games to enjoy. The wii u hands down gets the most play time with the x1 getting the next most. The ps4 just sits collecting dust or used to play a movie now and then.

I know this will change in a few months but the ps4 had the crappiest game launch release of the 3 consoles. Putting AC4 next to each other on the ps4 and x1 none of my friends could tell the difference while playing so no I don't feel one ounce of regret buying the x1. I do for the ps4 though.

To be honest the only thing going with Microsoft is that there's a scant few English releases of Japanese games (which are also usually for the Sony console only, sometimes Sony and Nintendo). That's essentially the only thing holding Sony back. At least Neptunia's getting an English release...lol

There's no other significant non-English gaming development industry out there, except the Japanese gaming development industry. There are no German-language only gaming development that has their own shows on TV, that gets advertised in their trains, trams, buses, etc.

Well I guess it comes down to games and gameplay, and the Xbox One to me has great titles that look good enough. Forza 5 to me 'looks' better than any title the PS4 offers. I guess all those developers working on multiplatform titles are wrong.

No. You are buying into hype. I dont know how else to put it.

The ps4 has zero great games right now don't care how many they've sold if they don't have any games to enjoy. The wii u hands down gets the most play time with the x1 getting the next most. The ps4 just sits collecting dust or used to play a movie now and then.

I know this will change in a few months but the ps4 had the crappiest game launch release of the 3 consoles. Putting AC4 next to each other on the ps4 and x1 none of my friends could tell the difference while playing so no I don't feel one ounce of regret buying the x1. I do for the ps4 though.

You sure you checked after they patched it :p it's obvious for me.

It's a console launch. There are some hardcore Forza (XB1 exclusive) fans and some hardcore sports gamer fans (think FIFA, multiplatform) who have purchased the new consoles. Destiny has the potential to sell a lot of consoles but I don't think it will. Little Big Planet 3 will help sell a lot of PS4s. Halo Master Chief Edition will sell a ton of Xbox Ones, as will Halo 5 in 2015.

In any case, it's clear that Sony has won the race for early adopters by a fair margin, though I believe both are not moving as fast as people had thought.

You thought wrong.

By any reasonable measure the PS4 has done excellently, no console prior had tracked like it did through this April 6th (7M+ sold through) and the Xbox One is only seen as a failure because it didn't match that performance, taken on its own it has done well also.

There are plenty rooting for failure here, but both have sold extremely well. The PS4 continues to sell well, the concern with the Xbox One is that its sales are dropping off faster, but I suspect the recent price cut should help them do better also.

You're going to have to provide a source for that.

Yep, it's junk. The PS4 has done better than anybody could have expected because it has done better than any console prior to it to this point from what we know. It's possible the Wii has crossed paths with it slightly LTD adjusted, but there is no proof of that yet.

See above regarding the Xbox One, the only one that can really be said to be a failure is the Wii U and that is just continuing a trend from the NES forward where Nintendo has sold fewer consoles with each new entry (except the Wii).

Yeah...don't believe it. There is essentially nothing the Xbox One can do from a hardware standpoint that the PS4 can't do better and easier. Xbox One doesn't use standard Direct X either, so it's not like they're going from PC Direct X to a low-level API, they both have that already (modified Direct X for XBONE, GNM for PS4).

PS4 has at minimum a notably superior GPU and memory setup, at best the Xbox One has a slightly better CPU and that isn't even confirmed. Expecting a largely cross-platform graphics API to close the gap is unrealistic.

You sure you checked after they patched it :p it's obvious for me.

I've Got to look for it but while playing I'm hard pressed to tell a difference. Last week had a group of buddies over for a bbq and all 12 said they couldn't tell the difference while playing. Titanfall and ghosts were played moreso than killzone and ghosts on the ps4 primarily because everyone preferred the xbox controller over the ps4.

Not saying the x1 is better than the ps4 just saying it isn't the shit box everyone makes it out to be. It is fun has a better library of games Imo and has the better gaming experience as of right now.

I've Got to look for it but while playing I'm hard pressed to tell a difference. Last week had a group of buddies over for a bbq and all 12 said they couldn't tell the difference while playing. Titanfall and ghosts were played moreso than killzone and ghosts on the ps4 primarily because everyone preferred the xbox controller over the ps4.

Not saying the x1 is better than the ps4 just saying it isn't the shit box everyone makes it out to be. It is fun has a better library of games Imo and has the better gaming experience as of right now.

Yea it also depends on distance I sit about 4 ft away from a 40" atm and 9ft from a 60" at home in the states.

Back