Sony confirms intention to publish more first party games on PC

Blade-Runner

Supreme [H]ardness
https://www.pcgamer.com/au/sonys-new-strategy-brings-more-of-its-titles-to-pc/

"Sony has said in a 2020 corporate report that it plans to bring more first-party games to the PC in the future.

"We will explore expanding our 1st party titles to the PC platform," says the report, "in order to promote further growth in our profitability." The decision to bring more of the Sony in-house catalog to the PC is cited as a key strategic point to the coming direction of its Game & Network services division."

Fingers crossed for Spiderman, God of War and Uncharted!

I hope they bring The Last of Us and the Uncharted games. Maybe Spiderman as well.

I understand them delaying their in house games, but what I am not a fan of is them delaying 3rd party games like Death Stranding and Final Fantasy.

Last edited:
I think I read somewhere it is due to home PCs becoming popular in Japan?

If that's true and we see God of War and GT7 on PC then I will have no reason to get the PS5.

I guess if you don't mind waiting 2-3 years after they come out on PS5 first, if they're going to stick with their current strategy for now at least. Personally I'll still be getting the PS5 regardless just so I can play these games ASAP, and then re-buying them again on PC probably, which I'm sure is part of Sony's strategy, as they hit on in the article where they know there's a decent overlap in console and PC players. I almost guarantee they will stick with some sort of timed exclusivity for the console though. Personally, their 1st party games have been most of my favorite games in the past decade, so I def don't mind buying them twice as long as they keep pumping out the quality single player games with no micro-transactions or bloated day-1 DLC crap.

I think I can wait. The only reason I bought the PS4 was for RDR2 and then later played GoW it now just sits as another netflix box in my house.

I would bet on TLoU coming next. I would guess they'll probably like to drop it at around the time the live action show (HBO I think) gets released to get a big bump in sales.

The Uncharted and TLoU games on the PC would make me giddy. Bloodborne and Demon's Souls, too. I have a feeling that porting older games is a pretty low priority, but I can dream.

The shift from consoles to PC has taken the fighting game community by storm. Most Street Fighter and Tekken pros are streaming on PC's now. Both in Japan and in the US, both. That's after years of those communities acting like the PC platform was inherently evil. I think opinions are changing and changing quickly.

Mates, dont hold your breath for too long. It might be like 3-4yrs before particular title makes it to PC.

For Bloodborne I've read and heard from so many PC users (including various existing game owners) that have been eager for a PC port since release. That's been over 5 years already. PC gamers can be a patient bunch.

For Bloodborne I've read and heard from so many PC users (including various existing game owners) that have been eager for a PC port since release. That's been over 5 years already. PC gamers can be a patient bunch.

Well we've also been waiting for HL3 for like 13 years now... but at least for Bloodborne you can actually play it on one platform if you want to play it that badly.

This would be great to see, but I hope that Sony does NOT insist on bringing them to PC in a delayed fashion or to an exclusive-by-contract-store. Sure, its better than nothing at all but if they're serious they'd do better to bring the titles to PC at, or soon (a month or two at most) after console release. I don't want to see any more 6 or 12 month delays, exclusivity by contract on EGS, or similar issues.

I'm the first one to say I'd be happy to see the idea of console exclusives end, but it needs to be implemented the right way and not a "Well, we can wait a year and then jack up the price way more for the PC release" angle.

Well we've also been waiting for HL3 for like 13 years now... but at least for Bloodborne you can actually play it on one platform if you want to play it that badly.

The usual desire I see for a Bloodborne PC port isn't to play it on PC per se but for both performance and graphical reasons (60fps, ability to disable chromatic aberration and such). Perhaps if the PS5 remaster becomes a reality players may get a better framerate at least but who knows.

Edit: for some reason I initially misread 'one' as 'your' in the post and thought you were hinting at the Playstation streaming service but clearly not.

Last edited:

We are spoiled for selection as the PCMR.

The usual desire I see for a Bloodborne PC port isn't to play it on PC per se but for both performance and graphical reasons (60fps, ability to disable chromatic aberration and such). Perhaps if the PS5 remaster becomes a reality players may get a better framerate at least but who knows.

They could give me an otherwise direct port if I could play Bloodborne at 60fps. Well, 60fps with all of the frametime issues worked out. I don't mind the visual effects the game had.

This would be great to see, but I hope that Sony does NOT insist on bringing them to PC in a delayed fashion or to an exclusive-by-contract-store. Sure, its better than nothing at all but if they're serious they'd do better to bring the titles to PC at, or soon (a month or two at most) after console release. I don't want to see any more 6 or 12 month delays, exclusivity by contract on EGS, or similar issues.

I'm the first one to say I'd be happy to see the idea of console exclusives end, but it needs to be implemented the right way and not a "Well, we can wait a year and then jack up the price way more for the PC release" angle.

Doubt it. They still need to sell the PlayStation, and they make money from online subscriptions. They wouldn't completely cannibalize their console and give it up. People like me don't buy home consoles anymore, so a delayed release makes sense. People who can't wait buy a PS5, those that can get it on PC where they hit that market that is PC exclusive.

This is a smart decision, I think a smarter decision, would be to allow using the PS5 to remote play from Steam.

This is a smart decision, I think a smarter decision, would be to allow using the PS5 to remote play from Steam.

or hell just doing something like microsoft does where you can buy and play the same game on pc or console.. but PR wise that ships probably sailed already.

I don't mind console exclusivity for a reasonable amount of time. While I love Microsoft's same-day policy, I don't expect Sony to follow that. A year is fine. In fact, I'm even okay with 18 months as long as a PC port is a known thing. Gaming-wise, there are few things worse than waiting for a PC port that never comes.
9-18 months is enough time where people aren't typically going to hold out (so they still get those day 1 sales) and some people will even double dip.

I hope we see Horizon: Forbidden West on PC sooner than however long it took H:ZD to come out on PC.

I think it will be a year at minimum. Might be 18 months though. But I think it is safe to say a year, if they plan on porting most if not all their games.

If anything I think they should do their older games first. Would make the wait less painful for the new ones. Last of Us 1/2, Uncharted series, Spiderman. By the time they release those Forbidden West and Spiderman 2 would probably be a year old each.

I think it will be a year at minimum. Might be 18 months though. But I think it is safe to say a year, if they plan on porting most if not all their games.

If anything I think they should do their older games first. Would make the wait less painful for the new ones. Last of Us 1/2, Uncharted series, Spiderman. By the time they release those Forbidden West and Spiderman 2 would probably be a year old each.

I really hope they don't release the Uncharted and TLoU games again...

I bought the originals, then played the remasters.

If they remake them for PC, I'm expecting even more eye candy... which will make me want to re-purchase them.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
K. So, Demon's Souls remaster and Bloodborne?

Asking for a friend.

Those aren't first party games. Sony has a lot of paid exclusives and exclusive deals they don't make. Those are the ones I want though! With ultrawide support.
I think I read somewhere it is due to home PCs becoming popular in Japan?

Not in the way you think. Home PCs are becoming more popular but PC gaming is still largely anime date/rape sims and visual novels. It's strictly fringe stuff you don't want to get caught in public doing or you wank off to in one of their cafes where a lot of people are starting to live in or just house themselves in after school. I lived there for a while and have many friends who still do, things are rather weird over there. They have a massive problem with a generation of young men who simply slip into watching anime and reading manga and they are gaming on the home PC but you don't want anything to do with what they are playing.

It's all good. I'm all for exclusives for obvious reasons. After a year or so send it out. Everyone wins.

It's all good. I'm all for exclusives for obvious reasons. After a year or so send it out. Everyone wins.

That's what I'd expect and I'm happy with it as well. Keep your launch stuff and then when the system if a few years old start pushing it out and continue to after the system retires.

Back