Sony Banks On GameStop PlayStation VR Demos

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Is the PlayStation VR worth your money? It’ll be easier to decide in June, which is when you’ll be able to demo it at GameStop stores.

The one major difference between launching the PlayStation 4 a few years ago and PlayStation VR is that this new technology “needs to be lived to be believed,” according to Koller. “Trial drives the conversion to purchase,” Koller said. “You have to be able to go into a GameStop to try this. We’ll have a fantastic technology, but you need to get your hands on it.” Tony Bartel, COO of GameStop, said GameStop will have a significant number of stores with dedicated PlayStation VR demo stations. In addition, Sony will be touring some trucks that will pull up and show the new VR headset to consumers.

I think this is a great idea, and it needs to happen to succeed. It also needs a killer app. I'm praying for FF7 remake to be that app. A VR demo will turn heads

Good idea - for something like this you a lot of people would want to try before you buy.

I think this is a great idea, and it needs to happen to succeed. It also needs a killer app. I'm praying for FF7 remake to be that app. A VR demo will turn heads
Not gonna happen. The PS4 doesn't have the power for normal games at high framerates, VR ones tend to have more simplified graphics in order to keep the speed high. The whole point of the FF7 remake is better graphics, so it would be a poor candidate for the platform.

Back