Sony a7r fullfarme Mirrorless Camera $199.99+tax+shiping ($2500 camera @ 95% OFF)

Wow!!!! Bought it.

Now let's see if it ships.
I have PayPal don't pay until it ships enabled so I don't lose anything.

We were on a shoot yesterday talking about this camera and the A7S.

Ordered this morning, sadly someone posted it to SD and now here, for sure not shipping now, also shows as backordered now. Any time something like this is posted, all the stupid people on SD make sure it will never happen, just look at the thread there, "ordered 10" etc etc. Nothing like drawing attention to an order. :rolleyes:

Yeah, many people see a super deal and think "I am going to order as many as I can afford" rather than just a single order.

I placed mine early before anything was posted about it, with "RUSH 1-Day", get back on and see it posted everywhere, with people ordering like its a bulk item. Few posts even said they ordered that many from Sony AND Amazon, as amazon seems to have had the same price, but pulled it because of the mass orders.

Even better on SD are the people posting "don't worry, I called and asked about the price and if it was a mistake"

I wonder if there is a chance Sony will do something weird like try to upsell or ship the cameras after charging much higher amounts to credit cards.

I wonder if there is a chance Sony will do something weird like try to upsell or ship the cameras after charging much higher amounts to credit cards.

Orders will be canceled, without a doubt.

Hell, that Sony a77ii for $399.99 is an awesome deal! Too bad its backordered now. It would have been a great upgrade to my a57!

People on reddit are posting that they talked to sony CS and said that it was a price mistake and will be canceled :( Oh well!

I've never understood this. People ALWAYS call and alert companies to these deals by asking questions.

At work we sometimes here about calls from people complaining that we're not billing them. I'm like if it's free, I'm not going to complain.

At work we sometimes here about calls from people complaining that we're not billing them. I'm like if it's free, I'm not going to complain.

they're being responsible, it's what happens when you grow up in the world.

you'll get there some day:D

they're being responsible, it's what happens when you grow up in the world.

you'll get there some day:D

Trust me felt. Those of us who worked on the system were consistently shocked that people called us for not being billed.

Considering all the things people do to game the system, I can promise you it's not the norm.

Have you ever perhaps considered that some people are just slightly cynical/paranoid? Perhaps they realize that some--possibly automated--beancounter down the line will realize that they didn't get billed and then put down all of these ridiculous late charges even though it was the company's mistake. For an example, just look at Comcast. They don't even put the correct bill up on my profile page. Then during the next month they just randomly charge me late fees for things that I don't even know about. I mean I keep checking the bill before it's due to make sure it's right, but I need to go through a CS agent practically every time to get those late fees off of my next bill. What the hell am I supposed to do, manually calculate the bill and then pay more than what it shows on my page?! Aside from that, there's something called honesty, I guess... but it probably plays second fiddle to cynicism. Let's be real here. Most companies suck to deal with. Don't assume you can get anything bill-related unscathed (or rather more scathed than you would be if you just dealt with it).

I tend to think about it this way: if there's an advantage in the company letting you get away with it (TO THEM)... they might. Otherwise, hell no. Time to see what's up.

If I found a deal like this I'd order one and keep my mouth shut until it arrived :)

And if you just missed the bill or there was a typo in billing address and were taken to collections a few months later, I'm sure they'd wave any negative affects to your credit if you just calmly explained, 'It was free, I wasn't going to complain'.

Have you ever perhaps considered that some people are just slightly cynical/paranoid? Perhaps they realize that some--possibly automated--beancounter down the line will realize that they didn't get billed and then put down all of these ridiculous late charges even though it was the company's mistake. For an example, just look at Comcast. They don't even put the correct bill up on my profile page. Then during the next month they just randomly charge me late fees for things that I don't even know about. I mean I keep checking the bill before it's due to make sure it's right, but I need to go through a CS agent practically every time to get those late fees off of my next bill. What the hell am I supposed to do, manually calculate the bill and then pay more than what it shows on my page?! Aside from that, there's something called honesty, I guess... but it probably plays second fiddle to cynicism. Let's be real here. Most companies suck to deal with. Don't assume you can get anything bill-related unscathed (or rather more scathed than you would be if you just dealt with it).

I tend to think about it this way: if there's an advantage in the company letting you get away with it (TO THEM)... they might. Otherwise, hell no. Time to see what's up.

That's not how it works. We fuck up it's not your fault. As a company I think we can only go back 2 or 3 months. In practice we don't do it at all.

This isn't a case of not receiving a bill (though even if it was, they can check the balance online, which was 0) it's an issue with the billing system.

Trust me, it'd take an act of God to run billing from 2 months ago. If we fuck up, we eat it.

And if you just missed the bill or there was a typo in billing address and were taken to collections a few months later, I'm sure they'd wave any negative affects to your credit if you just calmly explained, 'It was free, I wasn't going to complain'.

That's not how it works. I've seen this at my job and I've seen it with a relative who didn't get billed for several months. They ate all but the most recent month or 2.

To be blunt, the cost of rebilling past bills isn't worth it, unless you're a huge customer. Once the next bill has run, going back and billing an older cycle is a huge effort. If your bill was $1000 it still wouldn't be worth it.

That's not how it works. We fuck up it's not your fault. As a company I think we can only go back 2 or 3 months. In practice we don't do it at all.

This isn't a case of not receiving a bill (though even if it was, they can check the balance online, which was 0) it's an issue with the billing system.

Trust me, it'd take an act of God to run billing from 2 months ago. If we fuck up, we eat it.

You say that for your company, but can you apply that universally solely based on your experiences? I kind of doubt it. Comcast obviously doesn't care about how crappy their billing systems are, as they seem to get my bill wrong consistently (and with relative impunity).

That's not how it works. I've seen this at my job and I've seen it with a relative who didn't get billed for several months. They ate all but the most recent month or 2.

To be blunt, the cost of rebilling past bills isn't worth it, unless you're a huge customer. Once the next bill has run, going back and billing an older cycle is a huge effort. If your bill was $1000 it still wouldn't be worth it.

No, you have no idea how it works. I'm sure you will in a few years with experience.

Just because you have service from a company and they do not provide you with a bill on time doesn't give you the right to forgo payment. When I was a lot younger Comcast stopped billing me for 8 months and I never said a thing. Service just kept being provided. I went into the Comcast Customer physical store and returned the equipment and asked to cancel my service. The rep presented me with a full bill for the past 8 months of service that I never paid.

Back