SonicWall Tele 3

vage

2[H]4U
So I have a SonicWall Tele3 that I got from work so I could keep a harware VPN connected to the office at all times. It seems like it came with corrupted firmware, because when I power it on, the only lights that are lit are the power LED and the test LED. The test LED never goes out, which the manual indicates is a sign of corrupt firmware, and I can never reach the web interface of the device.

I followed the instructions on how to reload the firmware, but it doesn't seem to be working. I remove power from the device, hold the reset button, and then return power to the device. I am supposed to continue to hold the reset button until the test LED starts flashing, but it never does this. It always just remains constantly lit, so I cannot install new firmware on it, I can't get to the web interface, and surprisingly, my motherboard doesn't have a serial connection on it to connect to the CLI.

Anyone have any ideas?

I mean, it very well could be, but I'd like to see if anyone had a similar issue, and if there is a way of resolving it before I declare it dead.

you're probably going to need to console into it. If you don't have a serial port you can buy a USB-to-serial adapter for pretty cheap.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

You are not going to like this - Sonicwall, in their infinite wisdom designed that device to clear out the firmware when you reset it. This would not have been so bad, except that you need an active software subscription to download a new firmware from their site. I don't think that you can even purchase a new subscription to that router due to its age, so your only option is going to be to find the firmware on a torrent somewhere.

Back