Sonicwall stops natting devices or firewalling.. AKA No idea

calvinj

[H]ard|Gawd
OK so.. this is hard to explain.. We just got in our new NSA 2400. It's all configured and works well up until a certian point. I don't know what happens and being new to Sonicwall I honestly have no clue where to start.

Everything will work fine for a while and then all of a sudden it either stops natting our spam filter & OWA or the firewall stops. Not sure which. What I do know is that when I nmap our public IP it comes back with no open ports. As soon as I restart the firewall everything is good again.. I can see the spam filter and all of the normal open ports that should be open.

Anybody have any ideas

don't bother calling support because they are rubbish, return it and put a proper firewall in its place! :)

in all seriousness, are you running the latest code and/or hotfixes?

To your first answer.. I don't disagree with what your saying, but at this point I have to make the best of what I already have ;)

With that said I did notice last night that I'm not running the latest firmware. I downloaded it, but won't be able to try it until Monday night. I have to call their support Monday to help me set something up so hopefully I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Well... This is something new for even me. When using a different IP address than what is assigned on WAN port you have to add a static ARP entry.

That's definitely not right..

If I look in the ARP tables for any Sonicwall we have out there it automatically creates an entry for the public IP with it's own MAC address..

Possibly something else has the same IP?

Riley

Nope.. We have the IP. This ip is on a different subnet than what is one the x1 interface.. I doubt I noted that earlier

Back