Sonicwall NSA 240 TotalSecure (Good place to buy, good unit for price?)

oplin

Gawd
Was wondering if the Sonicwall NSA 240 with the TotalSecure package or whatever is a good unit for the price? Looking to spend under 1,500$, and keep yearly maintenance costs low. Basically just need 1 vpn user, virus protection, malware, firewall, router. Those are pretty much the only things that will be using on it. For a small business 20 people or so in size.

Also where is a good place to buy this from?

Would i be better to build something with an open source program? Last i checked i didn't think they had virus protection and what not. Thanks.

Untangle does all of those things, and support will be much cheaper than Sonicwall.

I always keep the roles seperate, if i have a router, i want it to be just a router, and do a damn good job at its role.

I have never liked sonicwall, their devices are a pain in the ass and expensive.

Yeah it'll handle all those things, and will be more enough to handle it. Matter in fact it's probably overkill for your needs. You might be better off with a TZ100 or TZ200. Depending on where/how you buy it your 3 year cost for the device (including support/subscriptions) Should be under your $1500 budget.

Oh forgot you can go to www.sonicguard.com or checkout their parent compant Virtualgraffiti at www.virtualgraffiti.com

Thanks for the help guys.

we've been using sonicwall at our workplace for a while now and it seems very impressive. So was just going to follow the approach we did at work. I like the idea of open source though, so i'll keep in mind untangle.

Back