Sonicwall DMZ to LAN and LAN to DMZ

calvinj

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been arguing with Sonicwall for a couple of days now and nobody can seem to figure this out.

Here is what I have:

NSA 2400 with a port dedicated to Lan, and a port dedicated to a WAN, and the DMZ as a l2 bridge to my WAN.

Everything works as expected except when I got to have traffic from my LAN to my DMZ and my DMZ to my LAN nothing works. They are telling me that it should just work, but it's not. Anybody have any ideas on what to look for or check? This Sonicwall thing is new to me

Reboot the damn thing... SonicWALLs love to screw up and need a reboot. Just yesterday I was working on a client's TZ170W. It suddenly started dropping traffic on UDP6000. I worked on it for hours with SonicWALL support until I just rebooted it and it started working. Our NSA2400 that we have in our collocation cabinet needs to be rebooted at least once a month as well. It's REALLY frustrating.

I vote burn it and get an ASA.

i would agree with your last statement, but lost the battle for that already. I have to make the best of it.

On the restart note it randomly started letting traffic from the LAN TO DMZ work right, but I still can't get from the DMZ to the LAN.

It's Friday.. I'll deal with it later ;)

Personally id take the unit out of the rack, throw it into the microwave for about oOH 10min. Then use a better unit :)

I had a sonicwall, hated it. SLOW intoernet traffic the virus protection DIDNT work worth a shit. The content filtering didn't even work.

WILL NEVER use a sonicwall.

JUNK!

lol just my $0.02c tho.

I know guys, but over all I have to make the best of it. No nuking it now.

As for it running slow and the content filtering it has been pretty decent. All thought I noticed the Single Sign on was busted today.

Back