Sonic Mania

boomboy2k1

Limp Gawd
I've not seen a thread on this so I have to create one. I downloaded the game last Tuesday and I have to say Sonic Mania is the best Sonic game since Sonic & Knuckles in 1994! Every classic Sonic fan must play it. If you are already a fan, you should already know this! The game has exceeded all of my expectations. The levels are fun and have classic feelings but still new and fresh. There are a few surprises there and there. I won't spoil anything.

Long live classic Sonic!

I've watched some reviews on it as well and it has definitely been well received and seems to have been done right. I liked how they didn't just port over the same games and remaster them, they actually created new levels and tweaked the abilities to even improve upon the original games. Here's Digital Foundry's analysis of it:

I'll probably pick it up at some point, just not sure what platform to get it on. Probably Xbone since that's my son's console and we can play it together; he has always loved Sonic games too.

Been playing it on Switch, worth a buy.

Sadly the only things worth a buy are <$20 on the appstore as opposed to actual hard game releases.

Edit: Side note fuck Oil Ocean act 2

Last edited:
Been playing it on Switch, worth a buy.

Sadly the only things worth a buy are <$20 on the appstore as opposed to actual hard game releases.

Edit: Side note fuck Oil Ocean act 2

And fuck the fifth chaos emerald stage too. I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been more talk of this game on here, as it's the best new Sonic game I've played in the last 23 years. Literally.

Back