Sonic Fan Remix Demo is out!

TheBuzzer

HACK THE WORLD!
act101.jpg

http://sonicfanremix.com/

Download link on that website seem to be broken now, I downloaded it yesterday so I will put up a mirror for it.
Also I unrar it and zip it up because some of you don't have winrar for some reason.

Mirror:
http://www.multiupload.com/7WC1N9W126

Last edited:
never heard of this, and sketched of installing random .RAR files from a site with no info other than a few very pretty screen shots. It seems too good to be true.

Anyone else brave enough to install this and report back?

never heard of this, and sketched of installing random .RAR files from a site with no info other than a few very pretty screen shots. It seems too good to be true.

Anyone else brave enough to install this and report back?

FWIW Avast didn't catch anything. :p

I tried downloading it but no go. The download link sends me to rapidshare and then rapidshare saying it's been removed. Meh oh well.

Edit: I went to the forums they linked to on their site, a few people listed some mirrors since rapidshare is being lame. Post number 642 has the mirror.
Edit2: Fricken awesome!! Tried it on beautiful at first and played through, then at fantastic. Looks pretty good damn good for a fanmade game. Hope they finish this soon!

Last edited:
Works great for me!

No issues guys, feel free to download.

This is truly a labor of love.

What is this ... a free Sonic game or a hacked & tweaked version of Sonic 4?

What is this ... a free Sonic game or a hacked & tweaked version of Sonic 4?

It's a completely fanmade game done from scratch. All the code,levels, animation etc. you name it. I'm reading their forums and everyone has been saying this is what sonic 4 should have been.

Just been playing it. OH MY GOD!. Talk about beating Sega at their own game. This fan game is amazing. Best of all it FEELS like Sonic which is something Sonic 4 lacked.

I'm gonna check this out real quick.

How was Sonic 4?

EDIT: Just tried the demo out. WOW, VERY IMPRESSIVE for a fan made game. Only thing I don't like is I have an Xbox 360 controller and I can't map the move keys on the D-pad. You have to use the stick. Not that it's not playable but if you have the stick slightly diagonally up or down, Sonic will look up or roll into a ball. There are options to remap the buttons but it doesn't respond to the d-pad at all.

Last edited:
This is really cool.

Anyone know if they plan on putting in way points or power up boxes? Otherwise ... man, this would be worth buying when it's done. Sonic 4 would be this good if it controlled like this.

Very good game so far. Only thing I wouldn't mind is if they sped him up just a tad bit, him going around the loop de loop is kinda slow still IMO.

I played the Sonic 4 demo and it felt totally wrong. Sonic felt bulky and slow and the physics didn't click with me.

Just watching a video of this fan remix made me realize how badly S4 missed the mark.
Downloaded it earlier today and will be trying it tonight.

On the "Fantastic" graphic setting at 1920x1200 it looks amazing and plays like butter.

Makes me think back to when I bought my SEGA Genesis......good days those were.

can someone post the default controller configurations? I changed a few things not paying attention, and jacked the whole thing up. Downloaded it again and it didn't fix the issue. Thanks in advance.

can someone post the default controller configurations? I changed a few things not paying attention, and jacked the whole thing up. Downloaded it again and it didn't fix the issue. Thanks in advance.

You really only need to use 2 buttons (pause and jump).

I played the Sonic 4 demo and it felt totally wrong. Sonic felt bulky and slow and the physics didn't click with me.

Just watching a video of this fan remix made me realize how badly S4 missed the mark.
Downloaded it earlier today and will be trying it tonight.

Agreed.It's like they took the Mario control mechanics and expected them to work in a Sonic game. 2D Sonic games are supposed to be fluid, and Sonic 4 is anything but.

I might have to check this out.

Wow, i just tried it. no clue why people were complaining about it being slow and laggy.

I just played at the max quality setting at 1920x1200 res on my 5870 and works just fine.

Wow, i just tried it. no clue why people were complaining about it being slow and laggy.

I just played at the max quality setting at 1920x1200 res on my 5870 and works just fine.

It's not slow and laggy. I mean the pace could be slightly faster -- slightly other than that, GREAT fan made game. Better than what SEGA has done for sonic in YEARS.

This looks AWESOME. I was almost about to buy Sonic 4 but this is way better and it's free. The 15 dollar pricetag for Episode 1 held me back. The control for Sonic 4 seemed out of whack slightly too but the price sealed it for me after I heard this was free.

For the most part Sonic moves how he used to in the original four Sonic games, which is a 100% improvement over that Sonic 4 piece of crap.

Well done.

Wow, the quality on this for a fan made game is outstanding. Hell this could be a studio game easily. Now, how long until Sega feels butt hurt and sends the cease & desist? Sigh.

This is truly a labor of love.

Absolutely.

wow. Totally worth the DL.

If they made this game long, say 12 or so stages w/ 3 zones a peice... I would pay $50 for this.

I did buy Sonic 4 and the controls are not so hot.
Also I am not wild about the level design.
Will try this as soon as I can.

To me, what makes a good Sonic... and you all can laugh, but its the Music.

Sonic 1 - 3 + Knuckles had some Epic Music

To me, what makes a good Sonic... and you all can laugh, but its the Music.

Sonic 1 - 3 + Knuckles had some Epic Music

That's the first thing that impressed me about the originals. To this day I can queue up the music in my head like I listened to it yesterday or something :eek:

It move need to tear how nice the demo is but it also made me wonder WTH has the sonic team BEEN doing for a year to put sonic 4 out while a 2 person team made something superior.

Weird, it seems clicking my 360 controller let me start, THIS. IS. AWESOME!

Last edited:
Other than joystick issues and the music of the second level (not a good fit), this is excellent. Loved it at max resolution and settings. Sega can learn from this.

Remember that this is only the demo (includes only the first stage). The full release with all of the levels will be out in a couple weeks.

Does these guys have segas permission or do they enjoy the prospect of being buried in lawsuits they cant possibly win?

Does these guys have segas permission or do they enjoy the prospect of being buried in lawsuits they cant possibly win?

If he sells it, yah he is in trouble. He even put in the title it's a fan game so Sega can't really sue.

If he sells it, yah he is in trouble. He even put in the title it's a fan game so Sega can't really sue.

Are you kidding? The game having the name Sonic is enough to sue alone, not counting all the other IP he has copied in this.

If you honestly believe putting in the title that its a fan game will save him, you know less than nothing about the copyright system in this country.

Back