[Somewhat Alive] MEGASALE: JBL Studio Series Home Audio Speakers (590, 580, 570, 530, 520c, 550p Subwoofer)

Kamber

Limp Gawd
https://www.jbl.com/home-audio/

Studio 590 Floor Standing Speaker - $449.99 each (55% off)
Studio 580 Floor Standing Speaker - $295.99 each (63% off)
Studio 570 Floor Standing Speaker - $189.99 each (68% off)
Studio 530 Bookshelf Speaker - $144.99 each (52% off) (only available in pairs)
Studio 520c Center Channel Speaker - $139.99 each (60% off)
Studio 550p Subwoofer - 189.99 each (68% off)

Also, Harmon Audio has the Infinity series on sale here!

You know the deal gentlemen—the legendary performance-to-price ratio KINGS are back and they're on megasale!

Free shipping + Free return shipping + Return window extended to Jan 31 2021 = Zero risk & no brainer.

Smoking hot deal here gents. These various speakers do commonly go on sale at random intervals throughout the year for around 50% off, but its rare to find all of them available within the same sale period, and some of these are at >60% off which are historic-lows! Typically, you will see the 590s on sale for 50% off a few times a year. It's rather few-and-far-inbetween to catch the rest on sale, and they are usually not discounted quite as deep.

I've been enjoying my 3.2 channel JBL Studio series setup for the past 2 years ever since Neapolitan6th turned me on to them in the [H]otDeals section 2 black friday's ago and cannot express how happy I've been with them. I'm not an audiophile, but their price to performance ratio is universally heralded and favorably reviewed internet-wide. Enjoy, and get 'em while they're hot!

Last edited:
The 530s are excellent speakers and are great for a near field setup. However, they are huge in comparison to most bookshelf speakers. Check your desk space. (I use 530s and a 520c in my home theater. The 520c doesn't have enough oomph for a center channel my opinion but it matches the 530s tonally. Try to get three 530s across the front if you have the setup for it.

For those that were looking to complete their set, this is the deal! :) And for those that want a set, this is your deal too. :)

I have been tempted by these deals several years now. But not having the space for them, I will again have to pass. :(

Great deal. Jumped on same deal last year. I have the 590s,530s and 520C in a theater setup. Value and sound of those are hard to beat.

Last edited:
So, I am not an audiophile at all and I know nothing about sound equipment. I am a graphics junkie and have nothing for sound except a soundbar on my LG C48. I want a starter set but this deal seems too good to be true. Is this fine?

https://www.jbl.com/home-audio/JBL+CINEMA+610.html?dwvar_JBL CINEMA 610_color=Black-USA-Current&cgid=home-audio#start=1

Thanks
HOLY CRAP This system is twice the price on Amazon

Amazon product ASIN B00GJ0CKN0
This must be a great deal at $170 right?

So, I am not an audiophile at all and I know nothing about sound equipment. I am a graphics junkie and have nothing for sound except a soundbar on my LG C48. I want a starter set but this deal seems too good to be true. Is this fine?

https://www.jbl.com/home-audio/JBL+CINEMA+610.html?dwvar_JBL CINEMA 610_color=Black-USA-Current&cgid=home-audio#start=1

Thanks
Better than any sound bar for certain. As good as their 5 series? No comparison. But for that price and your limited needs, it would be fine.

Better than any sound bar for certain. As good as their 5 series? No comparison. But for that price and your limited needs, it would be fine.
Thanks
Apparently I need a receiver to power this system, any suggestions?

My Cerwin Vega from Goodwill burned out somehow.

Sees 180$ subwoofer.

Great, I think I'll g--

Expected ship date Fri Dec 25 2020.

Er... I'll need to think about it. Guess there's ~36 hours or so left to think anyway.

the sets look like the they take wall power, what set would you get if you have a receiver already?

the sets look like the they take wall power, what set would you get if you have a receiver already?
Not sure what you mean. Only the sub woofer is powered. The satellites will need a receiver to power. Any of the two all in one sets will do. But the cinema 6 ones does sound better. I have heard them both in person.

Went ahead and just bit on the subwoofer. Even if I find another good used one at Goodwill, the amp could go out on it just like it did with the CWVega and I don't think I'll find a better sub for <200$. Guess I just have to wait for it to get here eventually...

Infinity is an amazing speaker brand. I posted about their similar (or better) sale. JBL and Infinity are both Harmon International. I bought 2 powered 12" infinity subs (better specs than the 12" JBL, even though JBL is still awesome) for under $340, including free shipping and free tax. Like you, I'll be waiting a while before they arrive though.

https://hardforum.com/threads/infin...s-are-extremely-low-priced-right-now.2004478/

I bought 2 powered 12" infinity subs (better specs than the 12" JBL, even though JBL is still awesome)
Great find! I just did some cursory searching on JBL 550p vs Infinity R12 since I'm well within the return window for the additional 550p I bought, and from what I'm reading, I'll be sticking with the JBL. Just wanted to point out that it is nowhere near universally concluded that the R12 > 550p. I'm seeing more of the opposite, but I think it largely depends on use case and room characteristics.

Ordered two 580s to replace my 270s. I would like to pickup the 530 pair to replace my 230 surrounds, but can't can't bring myself to spend that much....I'll probably regret not buying them after the 580s arrive.

I was comparing the Infinity R12 to the JBL Stage A120P. The Infinity had a flatter frequency response and held it's response down to lower pitches/frequencies before the rolloff when compared to the A120P. The Infinity also had a significantly stronger amplifier. I was comparing those two because they were the only 12" home theater subs on the list for JBL and Infinity on the web site. Plus the A120P was much more expensive.

Looks like they're still on sale. If you're serious about keeping them long, long term, they're worth the purchase while they're still in production as a matching set, at almost any price. If you upgrade every so often, I'd say forget it, because there will always be that better item or better deal down the road, forever.

My philosophy is buy once, and buy completely, exactly what you want at the time and stop researching once you're done buying so that you never have reason to regret the purchase until 10 or 20+ years down the road when they lose their functionality or are grossly out-spec'd. I do this with just about everything. If I can't afford what I want, I go without as long as necessary until I get what I want, unless it's a necessity. That philosophy has worked for me for a long time. My main two speakers are now 25 and a half years old and still sound amazing and test well. I paid for them once and although it was a stretch at the time, they've more than paid for themselves, figuratively with my enjoyment, and many many times literally by doing DJ jobs with them. Someday I'll spend a small amount on service such as refoaming, but otherwise, they're what I love for decades past and decades future. With this philosophy, it's rare that you'll have to replace almost anything - furniture, tools, housewares, pickup trucks, etc. It saves a lot of money that would otherwise be spent on replacements in the long run, and you get to live with good stuff.

My subwoofers arrived today. So far I'm pleased, but I haven't done any serious listening yet, just test tones for aiming and setting crossover and gain levels. I'm worried that the ported design may lead to less than pinpoint articulation, but I'll comment on the other thread more about that if it becomes an issue when I do more listening to them.

Updated the title to reflect that the deal is still somewhat live. I'll periodically check and update with posts about what is coming in and out of sale since these come and go throughout the year. Also added the link for the Infinity series sales page by Harmon Audio (parent company of JBL).

... They weren't kidding on the estimated shipping time on that 550p subwoofer. It still hasn't shipped. Ordered it just a week short of a month ago now...

I do wonder how these actually compare to anything. Every time I look at this subsection there seems to be JBL stuff on sale, for roughly the same price... so are they a 600+$ product marked down, or actually a ~200-$ product to begin with...

Guess I'll find out... sometime next year...

Just get the Klipsch RP-6000F/RP-8000F towers if you're in the market for these JBLs when they are not on "Sale". These JBLs aren't worth their "MSRP" prices at $800 each.

Just get the Klipsch RP-6000F/RP-8000F towers if you're in the market for these JBLs when they are not on "Sale". These JBLs aren't worth their "MSRP" prices at $800 each.

Glad to see some competition. Sounds like they trade blows depending on what you're looking for. For sub $1000 a pair speakers for either (when you catch the sale) that's a lot of sound for your money. It's what makes them easy to reccomend for me.

That said, looking forward to sharing my JBL 530 impressions. They sound a lot like their bigger brothers more than I expected. At the sub $300 a pair price I picked them up for that may be my new reccomendation for people new to high end audio.

Last edited:
Hey the infinity reference 12 is a great deal at $199 shipped. I just bought a second one for my pc stereo. They are clean and seamlessly blend with the monitors. Av123 x-ls encores modified like the skiing ninjas mod. Pretty rare but outstanding monitors. Got a denon x1400H for $100 shipped on ebay. If you can swing an x series denon receiver, do it. They are pretty damn good for everything.

Last edited:
I went ahead and sent them an inquiry, I still haven't even gotten my shipment date. What the heck is this...

I went ahead and sent them an inquiry, I still haven't even gotten my shipment date. What the heck is this...
Did they give you a response? I keep checking the estimated instock on the main page and it keeps being pushed back. I'm waiting on a 550p and the infinity center which is also backordered.

I got my 2nd ref 12 sub today. Ordered last Tuesday. Whole house was flexing to the white stripes blue orchid.

Must be some items are missing parts. I was an assembly coordinator for electrical plugs and recepticles until I got reassigned due to covid. My main issue was getting parts. Some things just disappeared for months.

Did they give you a response? I keep checking the estimated instock on the main page and it keeps being pushed back. I'm waiting on a 550p and the infinity center which is also backordered.

Sorry forgot about this thread.

Thank you for contacting Harman International.
We sincerely apologize for the continued shipping delay. Upon checking your order#: (snip), your order is in back order, no worries, upon checking we have arrive stocks for the unit on 2nd week of January, and we've already reserve a unit for you.

... I feel that this tech support individual was definitely not a native English speaker. Anyway, the order just shipped, so I guess they literally meant "2nd week" right on the dot as its the 7th day of January. That being said, the number still isn't even registered in UPS when I go to the tracking page, so...

Wow, that shipping was terrible. The grill was little scratched off on a line an inch wide as if it suffered a big blunt impact, and the side of the box was dented. The box looked a little thrashed. I hooked it up and it works, but how well does JBL handle this stuff, does anyone know?

No idea on that, hopefully they'll take care of it easily for you. I finally sent an email to jbl on the sub. saw it was back in stock on the website.
Did you email harmon or was that their online chat?

Everything went on sale again, but it's all sold out. Those 530's for $300 a pair are super tempting... but again, sold out, so can't really get them anyway.

Back