Something unexpected from Newegg

ashmelev75

[H]ard|Gawd
I was looking to buy a new PSU, found Seasonic X-750 on Newegg.com, placed it into the card to see how much it is going to cost with delivery/taxes, ended up ~$180. That seemed a bit too much comparing to other places so I left the item hanging in the cart.
Next day they send me a email "Dude, you left something in the cart" as they usually do from time to time, but this time there's a $30 discount code, basically making it the best deal I could find. Nice job, Newegg!

I often put stuff in my cart to see how much it will be with tax and shipping, and then don't buy it. I always get the "Dude, you left something in your cart, and since we already spam you twice a day every day with crappy Shell Shocker and Guerilla Deals, here's more spam for your inbox!"

Never get a promo code, though.

So sounds like it was just a coincidence that the discount showed up.

I get those emails too, I find them annoying because most of the time I'm just pricing out a build and not planning on ordering anytime soon. So I have a couple thousand worth in parts and they're like DUDE YOU FORGOT TO ORDER IT SILLY GOOSE.

So sounds like it was just a coincidence that the discount showed up.

I get those emails too, I find them annoying because most of the time I'm just pricing out a build and not planning on ordering anytime soon. So I have a couple thousand worth in parts and they're like DUDE YOU FORGOT TO ORDER IT SILLY GOOSE.

Yeah... I do the same thing. If I want to order it, I order it. Not something that's easy to forget doing.

Just had it happen to me a few days ago - I was looking at a price in cart (I have sales tax so I like to see what the actual total after tax after shipping before rebates is) on my desktop, then ended up ordering it on my laptop. Next day, I realize that I 'left it in my cart' and was like "hey... didn't I already buy this"?

Back