something, like, a microsft intellimouse

rancer420

n00b
the new intellimouses quality sucks. so does anyone know of a good quality mouse, i like ot use 2ms polling rate too on my mouse, something to replace the intellimouse something like it.

my intellimouses lasted me around 4-5 years each. the first one started to double click after that much time. i tried cleaning it, but it didnt really fix it. so i got another, this one came out of a used shop. didnt look used much. lasted me around 5 years. then it started lagging on picking up my clicks. not picking up all of them. i cleaned it a little. used it a little more. but then i needed to replace it. bought a new one, but the quality was worse. the scroll wheel just rolled, moving the mouse, would scroll a webpage. the side click buttons didnt work half the time, the plastic wasnt fitting around the mouse too well. so it didnt click the side buttons.

anyway, so now i need something new. ive tried a logitech since my intellimouses died, but it was a bigger mouse, and too heavy and i thought itd be too much for me, playing games and stuff and using the computer. wear out my hand and trying to move my mouse and lift it up. so i took it back. then ive got a zalman mouse. i dont think its as precise, its an m200. its too small as compared to the microsoft too. and sometimes i think.. maybe its just trying to get used to it, or something that, well i have moved my mouse up and over, over and over and go, in some first person shooter game, why arent i TURRNniing. it wasnt picking up my turning as the mouse was hovered over the pad. ive got 3 different pads, one is a slick pad. i have a black regular cloth pad, and a regular blue cloth pad. ive pretty muse been using my black pad. and it seems its just a little closer to the mat to work or maybe its just me..

anyway looking for something thats close to the microsoft old version intellimouse in quality and accurateness. and i need something since i dont have tiny little dwarf hands. you know sort of a bigger mouse. and i dont need a heavy rock on my desk either that i cant lift and use for games, and other computer stuff.

ive used logitechs a long time ago, every one of my logitech mice i think ive had 2, within 2 years they would start glitching and stuff, across the screen, after 2 years. of use, every time. i think it was the thinner cord back then i remembered they had. i always thought it was too thin. so i stopped bothering with logitech, until recently thoguht theyd maybe improved.

but im looking for something thats not cheaply made put together, doesnt weigh real heavy like one of those, extra big logitechs, and reminds me of an intellimouse kinda. not a big lift off where it cuts off the mouse movement detection. i think this zalman is just too low. im all the time doing extra mouse movements, to do the same get my mouse across the page, but i think my hand is hurting from the low pick up area the zalman has and trying to keep doing it.

something sort of gaming like kind of mouse. Just anything. anything decent with good quality, that isnt going to tear up on me in 2 years after paying a bunch for it. becuase of a cheap flimsy cord. and i like the 2 side buttons, at least.

so has anyone found something like a intellimouse explorer thats similiar? i dont care if its gaming or whatever anything, i just need a new mouse

it's pretty difficult to find a replacement to the greatest mouse of all time.

check out the steelseries rival, razer deathadder, or the steelseries sensei

about your mouse picking up and turning issue, i know razer has a setting in the software for mouse lift-off distance which is adjustable to your liking.

I personally went from the intellimouse to a logitech mx518 v1 and now i have a logitech g400s. My mx518 v1 had a few issues but i opened up the mouse and fixed them.

errgg.

ive read about angle snapping, which the mx518 at least, the new ones, have that isnt good for gaming.
the cooler master storm spawn has angle snap, also mx518 and 500's, have hardware acceleration built in. i dont like that. you can never get rid of it. fully. the rest of the features of these couple of mouses, i dont like much either.

what is it that makes the mouse go across the screen at a certain speed, called? i liked the intellimouse, when i got a it was a g400 logitech, i think when i got that logitech i thought was too heavy, i remember it was too fast for me, then i think, i might of fixed it. that mouse is the right size, from top to bottom for my hand, but i thought too heavy. i might go back with it, what is that called that makes the mouse go, that certain speed. and what was it, on an intellimouse, set at? is it the dpi?

ive read too the g400 mouses as of pid 13333 changed from the mx518 newer, i heard, version sensor, to a new one. that doenst have angle snap and hardware accel. i cant remember if i could lift up the g400 as much. but maybe i could try another one again. i did liek the preciseness.

also gotta put, i dont want to give all my information to some cloud like you have to with the deathadder and steelseries sensei to get a driver. its noones business what i want to do with my mouse. so those and anything else like it, are out. and i didnt think about th eintellimouse 3.0. i was thinking it would be new like the new stuff that comes out thats worse quality. so, i never tried it. i heard they quit making those, thou, a couple of years ago. so. anything new made would be made cheap and i wonder about the quality anyway

Here's a list of mice with flawless senors aka no built in acceleration, prediction, snapping, and whatever else makes it flawed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit#gid=0

this list also has weight and Lift Off Distance , overall a good list to look at.

Maybe you should also take a look at the Zowie FK.

Here's a list of what some of the Professional Counter Strike : GO players use

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_EojYOsSB8-sIioMhx_4hfXkKT9FkSkOsXhgh61ykPQ/pubhtml

Back