Someone tell me you don't believe this... FF related.

Discussion in 'Console Gaming & Acc.' started by pothb, Sep 5, 2007.

1. pothb

pothb [H]ardness Supreme

I was at school today, trying to sleep, since my classes were pretty much over. I lay there and I heard this guy go on about Final Fantasy 7 and 8. Heres what he said, paraphrased:

Final Fantasy 8 had Cloud in it. Cloud was a summon that you could get by beating up the train or bus thing before it explodes. From that, you have a 10 percent chance of getting a Buster Sword and if you use teh Buster sword, apparently its an item, on Seifer, Cloud appears instead of Gilgamesh and kills Seifer with Omnislash. He then proceeds to replace Gilgamesh as your summon. :rolleyes: I think he also mentions sacrificing Ton Berry to get Omega Bahamut.

The other one he was talking about was Final Fantasy 7. Where instead of Emerald and Ruby Weapon. The Japanese version had Revived Aeris, Clone Sephiroth, and Zack as playable characters in the game. As well, as the Black Materia as a usable Materia that summons Meteor (as a summon) and it insta-kill EVERYTHING except boss, in which it would proceed to hit as many times as Knights of the Round Summon.

Personally I don't believe a single thing abuot this, but hey, feel free to lay claim if you want. I really only want to see how people feel about the utter lie of it all, and the people he was talking to's reaction since tehy all believed him.

He did say one thing that made it seem a BIT more realistic though. In 7 there are 3 more areas for characters in teh screen, so he concluded to say thats why there is those 3 spots. Its because they were taken out of the game when it came to america. Not really believable, but it adds an element that can make one doubt.

Oh! I also forgot to say, he also said FF7 was in the remaking, but Square isn't releasing any details because they didn't want people to constantly question them about it. And all that other BS. I thin he said he was why else would they show the FF7 tech demo and make all those ff7 branched off games. And I agree on the branched off games but tech demos are just tech demos. And I would like to see remakes, I just don't think its ever gonna happen.

2. Psychotext

Psychotext [H]ardness Supreme

Would take about 10 seconds to prove him wrong using gamefaqs.com :D

3. jchoi

jchoi Limp Gawd

What an idiot. Doesn't he have anything better to do than make stuff up about a 10 year old game? I remember reading a bunch of these claims for the first few years after it was released, but who would waste the energy to make up this garbage now?

4. CodeX

CodeX 2[H]4U

If you get the golden chocobo before 10 hours of game time has passed sephiroth will join your party and the entire story changes and the final boss is Jenova :D

5. pothb

pothb [H]ardness Supreme

Ya, no kidding. It annoyed teh living crap out of me though. People gullible enough to believe this when there is not a single sign of evidence in....... like 10 years! If it were new, there could be speculation but come on!

My main reason for ranting though..... I couldn't sleep because he was talking and the other guys were going OH MAN! Thats COOL! and other stuff.

6. |MaguS|

|MaguS| [H]ard|Gawd

Final Fantasy VII was one of those few Japanese games where we got the better version and they rereleased it in Japan with the content that they lacked and we had..

So I dout anything was removed for the US version....

7. Bowhuntr11

Bowhuntr11 [H]ardForum Junkie

I would of just called him a geek...

:eek:

8. stevedave

stevedave [H]ardness Supreme

HOt dman someone did way too much acid while playing that game.

Tell him that he should put his controller down before he hurts himself.

9. U HAX0R

U HAX0R Gawd

Sounds like something you'd hear in Junior High ...

10. erwos

erwos [H]ard|Gawd

I'm surprised he didn't toss in some Aeris resurrection "info" while he was at it.

"Selphie is really Aeris, you know? If you restore her 999 times, she'll confess it all right before the last boss. Also, you can have sex with Quistis, but you'll have to find the hidden schoolboy outfit."

11. stevedave

stevedave [H]ardness Supreme

O god sex with Quistis would be so nice only fake bitch I wana tap.