Someone Stole My X800 Xt Pe

nweibley

Gawd
Oh my God, I am so fuming mad right now. I FedEx overnighted a X800 XT PE to my door, and I get home today, open the box for my package... open my gigabyte box, and there IS NO FUCKING CARD. There is the user's manual and CD-ROMS and I dont have a fucking card at all. I am really suspicious some dickwad at FedEx stole it. Oh my god, I can't tell you how mad I am. I really hope I get honored for this, otherwise I am in the hole ALOT of money.

I am so mad.

Did you have an option of requiring a sig for the delivery? I did this for my Mobile XP Barton, and while it isn't even close to the X800XT PE in cost, I like the security in knowing that unles I SIGN IT, it will not be dropped off. Of course, it means you gotta be home.

FUCK I have a manual and a few fucking disks I paid an assload for. I have this sneaky suspicion that this isnt going to be peaceful because nobody is going to want to take the fucking blame. Oh my God, words cannot explain how mad I am right now.

What I have been told by the Rep:

They build computers using these X800 XT PEs and save the boxes, manuals and CDs, but use the card and cables. I inadvertently got one of the "used" boxes.

He says they are shipping me out a real version of the exact same card by "UPS Red" and that I will recieve it by tomorrow. He also said I can keep the other box ... yippie.

I'll believe it all when I have my card tomorrow. I am so livid still, I call complete bullcrap and foul play right now.... who sells a computer with such a nice part and DOESNT include the user's manual? Honestly.

Even if it was, the FedEx guy/guy who stole it could just reseal it.

Was the graphics card's box still shrink wrapped?

next time mabye order oem, comes in a brown box, cant tell what it is that way. atleast my 9800 pro did a few years back when i orderd it.

nweibley said:
Oh my God, I am so fuming mad right now. I FedEx overnighted a X800 XT PE to my door, and I get home today, open the box for my package... open my gigabyte box, and there IS NO FUCKING CARD. There is the user's manual and CD-ROMS and I dont have a fucking card at all. I am really suspicious some dickwad at FedEx stole it. Oh my god, I can't tell you how mad I am. I really hope I get honored for this, otherwise I am in the hole ALOT of money.

I am so mad.

LOL are you serious? Sorry its funny but I feel sorry for you too. First time I ever heard of that happening. Did you buy this card from a dealer or a person? If its a person maybe you got scammed.

Edit: nm read your other post, least your getting a card shipped to ya overnight.

I wont a $200 bet so I decided I would eat the $200 markup from http://www.allstarshop.com/ and get it the next day, so I did. I specifically also wanted the gigabyte card because I have had good experiences with gigabyte, so I was willing to eat the rediculous cost. I know I know it was way overpriced, but all things considered I had $200 extra just laying around and I didn't care so much.

Again, I think I am still getting my chain jerked untill I have a working X800 XT PE in my hands tomorrow. If not, I am calling american express and having them stop the payment...

nweibley said:
I wont a $200 bet so I decided I would eat the $200 markup from http://www.allstarshop.com/ and get it the next day, so I did. I specifically also wanted the gigabyte card because I have had good experiences with gigabyte, so I was willing to eat the rediculous cost. I know I know it was way overpriced, but all things considered I had $200 extra just laying around and I didn't care so much.

Again, I think I am still getting my chain jerked untill I have a working X800 XT PE in my hands tomorrow. If not, I am calling american express and having them stop the payment...

Maybe allstarshop doesn't like Republicans? :p I'm sure everything will be fine and you will get your card. BTW the gigabytes aren't known to be great overclockers.

No intention to overclock ;)

Just want solid stable performance and good reputable company backing it.

Maybe not, but I hope they don't read [H]ard forums so much that they know my sig... :eek:

nweibley said:
Maybe not, but I hope they don't read [H]ard forums so much that they know my sig... :eek:

You never know... <cue creepy music>

OMG I would be sooo pissed if that happened. Hope everything works out for you. I want to see what will be the ending of this situation.

FUCKING Fedex faggot I feel your pain man :(

Did you call fedex and tell them about this? :mad:

Agh. I'm still just so pissed about all of this.

Can you imagine, opening your new X800 XT PE box, seeing the manuals and CDs, and then flipping up the cardboard stuff to see that your card IS NOT THERE? I think my heart skipped three beats.

How the fuck could you not tell there's NO graphics card in a box be4 you ship it to a customer? I mean the friggin cards weighs like 2lbs cause of the insane copper cooler on it.

Hope you get your card tomorrow man. I know how pissed I'da been if some1 at BestBuy woulda fucked me outta my xtpe. :p

nweibley said:

your totally protected, chill. in this day and age consumer is power, they could ship you a full box and you could do it and i bet get away with it.

I understand I have plenty of protection, however if they break two promises with me, I don't feel like they should get paid untill I get what I am paying for!

I understand I sound harsh, but c'mon, give somebody $730 :)eek: ;)) and you expect them to meet your basic expectations.

nweibley said:
I understand I sound harsh, but c'mon, give somebody $730 :)eek: ;)) and you expect them to meet your basic expectations.

I hope it works out for you bro'. But $730 for a video card!! :eek: :eek: Send that thing back and get a refund and save $200 or $300 on a more reasonably priced [H]ard Vid Card.

I know you may be a bit upset but you need to relax, especially since they stated they would send you one right out to you the next day. If you payed by credit card you're covered anyhow.

But to add to the experience, I once ordered a pricey CPU a few years back and when the box arrived all that was in it was some cheap stick of ram. Now, when I tried to call, the line had been disconnected and to add to that I couldn't get anything but auto-responces from email. After a few days I had to go through the fun process of sending a letter of explanation to my credit card company in order to get my money back. Thankfully after a few weeks my credit card was refunded and all I lost was a bit of time but got a free stick of useless RAM in the process.

I had also contacted the BBB about the company and a few months later was just told they had gone out of business. Just happy my credit card had me covered.

heres an idea... maybe you already put it in your pc and you blanked out and was so excited you got the best video card on the market you went ludacris and that you just forgot what you did with it :D haha jk..

dude that sux...report it..

i feel your pain. last week i had a 21" CRT delivered, paid the guy, hooked up the monitor.

yesterday the reseller contacted me a told me to pay the bill as it was listed in his computer as not settled. i call him and ask him what this was all about and that i paid the guy that delivered the monitor. now he got really mad as this kind of stuff seems to have happened a lot lately - the delivering guys getting the money or stealing stuff and never coming back to work.

hopefully you get a card pertty soon...

good luck getting your card1!
thats pretty shitty that you got an empty box though

I have the card in my hot little hands and now I am a happy camper. Mmmm it's yummy too.

Gotta get it in now ... great job allstarshop did resolving it... still wish it didn't happen though!

:D

Your video card alone is the ENTIRE cost of my computer. I hope you enjoy your extra 15fps. :D

EnforcerGT said:
Your video card alone is the ENTIRE cost of my computer. I hope you enjoy your extra 15fps. :D

Exact same here. That's a Hella lotta $$ for any one PC component.

I think I have said it before, but if not.... two words:
Expendable income! :) Hell, let me drop $700 if I want into one component, I need to live once and a while ... :p

But, as far as the extra 15 FPS.... I went from a GF 2 Ultra to a 9600 SE, to this... so trust me, I notice the difference. Playing quake at 1600x1200 with everything maxed and still being able to hit well above 400-500 fps makes me smile :)

And, now I can finally actually play Doom3, FarCry, etc. I like to buy a video card and keep it for a while (I had the GF2 Ultra from the first month it came out untill about 2 months ago) but thats just me....

And hell yes, I am enjoying playing games maxed out smoothly, its quite a sight I am not used to :)

nweibley said:
I think I have said it before, but if not.... two words:
Expendable income! Hell, let me drop $700 if I want into one component, I need to live once and a while ... :p

But, as far as the extra 15 FPS.... I went from a GF 2 Ultra to a 9600 SE, to this... so trust me, I notice the difference. Playing quake at 1600x1200 with everything maxed and still being able to hit well above 400-500 fps makes me smile

And, now I can finally actually play Doom3, FarCry, etc. I like to buy a video card and keep it for a while (I had the GF2 Ultra from the first month it came out untill about 2 months ago) but thats just me....

And hell yes, I am enjoying playing games maxed out smoothly, its quite a sight I am not used to :)

I can see your smile all the way from here. Congrats on your purchase.

Expandable income eh?? Can I ask what you do?

nweibley said:
I wont a $200 bet so I decided I would eat the $200 markup from http://www.allstarshop.com/ and get it the next day, so I did. I was willing to eat the rediculous cost. I know I know it was way overpriced, but all things considered I had $200 extra just laying around and I didn't care so much.
$200!!!! :eek: i'm sorry,but ARE YA DUMB?!?!?!? $200 could buy a whole lot of nice stuff!!!! and you you could still have your new video card!!! you could buy a freakin awesome hard drive, a new mobo, new proc, new psu, new case, save it for your next upgrade. any number of things. but NOT for a $200 OVERPRICED video card. i'm sorry there is NO WAY that is near worth it.

lukeh182 said:
$200!!!! :eek: i'm sorry,but ARE YA DUMB?!?!?!? $200 could buy a whole lot of nice stuff!!!! and you you could still have your new video card!!! you could buy a freakin awesome hard drive, a new mobo, new proc, new psu, new case, save it for your next upgrade. any number of things. but NOT for a $200 OVERPRICED video card. i'm sorry there is NO WAY that is near worth it.

agreed, i just picked up a X800XT for $485, easily overclocks past PE speeds

Back