Some random questions on Vega 64

Creepin_D

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently bought a Vega 64 from a Hard forum member. I tested the card with stock cooler to confirm everything was good, then slapped a water block on it. See list below for issues that I am currently having.

Issue #1: When in game or in benchmark, GPU rarely goes over 1300Mhz. The only game I tried so far is Far Cry 5, the OSD shows a core clock of around 1330Mhz, and I confirm this with GPU-Z and Afterburner. Default clock is 1630Mhz according to GPU-Z and Afterburner.

Issue #2: I cannot adjust the power limit in Afterburner. I adjust the power limit in Wattman from a 0 to a 1(I remember it being 0-50%), but I still can't move the slider in afterburner. See screen shots below of Wattman and Afterburner settings.

I guess that is the two biggest issues I am having. If anyone could give me some suggestions on what I am doing wrong, that would be great. Thanks!
MSI.jpg
WattMan.jpg

Can you dump the bios so I can see whicj bios is actually on the card? Also, have you tried flipping the bios switch on the top of the pcb by the I/O bracket?

Something is definitely wonky. I assume you are using 18.4.X driver? If the bios switch doesn't do anything then DDU and install 18.3.4.

MSI Afterburner never played nicely with my Vega 64. I just used Wattman instead as I'd get weird readings like that -5290065 memory speed reading bug that you have. :) Follow what ccityinstaller said and that cleared it up for me.

I'm not very good at OC'ing these cards as I have other things to do nowadays. I'm quite sure that someone can link a guide or provide some guidance with OC'ing your card.

Use wattman for it, otherwise it will get wonky. Also, I had some issues with clock speeds, fan speeds and occasional crashes on my current V56 (MSI ref) after the Windows 1803 update this month until I wiped and re-installed my drivers.

Back