some problems with crosshair hero VI (1002)

This is so jinxing me every time I think I solved it the thing comes back and bites me in the ass ...

I'm about to RMA the motherboard it has become unworkable struggling to get past error code 54 the bios was updated to 1501 but that did not change the behaviour sadly.

RMA it. Some people got bad boards early on but the Crosshair VI Extreme might be the solution to the mess.

I'm about to RMA the motherboard it has become unworkable struggling to get past error code 54 the bios was updated to 1501 but that did not change the behaviour sadly.
With all the pain and suffering they should give you the extreme version. ;)

One thing I did notice with this board is it gives more problems when both 16x pcie slots are filled up. In my case particularly with Aida 64. With the two 1070s for SLI if Aida was running monitoring parameters, the fans would eventually go wonky (turn off, go to high speed, not indicate . . .) and even sometimes the AIO water pump would just turn off. So I didn't use Aida that much to monitor (my Biostar board never had this problem so it is with ASUS). Got the 1080 Ti and didn't think to much about it, tried Aida 64 and no issues using the OSD to monitor parameters. I put in one 1070 with the 1080 Ti for testing purposes for mining and low and behold that issue came back. I thought it was corrected by a new revision of Aida 64 but it was not apparently.

I am using the 9920 test bios (not even beta), so far the best bios for this motherboard in my experience, it is also supposed to address the cold boot up issue some are having. Sounds like RMAing is the the right answer.

With all the pain and suffering they should give you the extreme version. ;)

One thing I did notice with this board is it gives more problems when both 16x pcie slots are filled up. In my case particularly with Aida 64. With the two 1070s for SLI if Aida was running monitoring parameters, the fans would eventually go wonky (turn off, go to high speed, not indicate . . .) and even sometimes the AIO water pump would just turn off. So I didn't use Aida that much to monitor (my Biostar board never had this problem so it is with ASUS). Got the 1080 Ti and didn't think to much about it, tried Aida 64 and no issues using the OSD to monitor parameters. I put in one 1070 with the 1080 Ti for testing purposes for mining and low and behold that issue came back. I thought it was corrected by a new revision of Aida 64 but it was not apparently.

I am using the 9920 test bios (not even beta), so far the best bios for this motherboard in my experience, it is also supposed to address the cold boot up issue some are having. Sounds like RMAing is the the right answer.

I tried to get 9920 going as a last ditch effort, but it was not helping it cycles a couple of times more and even if it when past the 1st it never got past 54 on the 2nd cycle.

I tried to get 9920 going as a last ditch effort, but it was not helping it cycles a couple of times more and even if it when past the 1st it never got past 54 on the 2nd cycle.
Sounds like you exhausted what you can do and then some. Get ASUS to give you a new board and I would ask if they would upgrade it as well (no harm in asking).

Sounds like you exhausted what you can do and then some. Get ASUS to give you a new board and I would ask if they would upgrade it as well (no harm in asking).

Our laws are different were talking that the "store" has a 24 month obligation to help you with the consumer parts you bought from them rather then the manufacturing party. unless specified differently when that period is over you can address your concerns to the latter.

And from what I have running now it seems that the board I had was badly broken. Memory at 3200 on bios 1107 and so far little to complain about.

And it seems round 2 is over after getting a board with a dead battery the settings I use won't survive cold boot. :(
Even if I change trivial things

Back