Some post linux install thoughts...

Bomber

[H]ard|Gawd
Been an on again off again friend of linux for last couple of years. Used Redhat, Mandrake, Suse and by no means am I proficient, I just like how streamlined it can be. I installed Suse 9 on my laptop and got everything to work. Wireless was the hardest. Took forever to get it to recognize an access point. Did it all on my own: something I'm proud of :) Today I made the testing plunge and installed Ximian Desktop. I can honestly say that even though it is a cross over of Mac, Windows and Gnome/Kde, I really like it. The simplicity of the interface is great. Everything is organized well and easy to find. And I love Evolution. Excellent mail client. Unfortunately, it isn't perfect. The "easy to find" statement counted everything except the console link. No shortcut for that. Straight to the run command for it. Been running for a few hours and customizing and other than that I like it a lot.

Oh and I've been doing this at work between assisting my employees. Linux that is easy, who'd've thunk it? :D

Back