some planetside 2 gameplay footage

I would like this game to do well. The concept is very ambitious and with internet quality standards going up I think more people would play this time around.

Hopefully this time around they'll use an engine that doesn't suck on even the most up-to-date hardware. I did enjoy the beta test, especially when I was shooting other players with a handgun via the stealth unit - sorry I can't remember its proper name - good fun though.

Edit - I may have been knifing them. Even better!

Last edited:
Well, it certainly LOOKS contemporary, this time.

That said...it also look very, very spartan. What made PS stand out from all the other shooters was the massive 200-player battles over bases.

If this doesn't have that, then...:confused:

Hopefully this time around they'll use an engine that doesn't suck on even the most up-to-date hardware. I did enjoy the beta test, especially when I was shooting other players with a handgun via the stealth unit - sorry I can't remember its proper name - good fun though.

SOE has the Forgelight engine now that was developed in house specifically for PS2 and "EQ Next". I have been really impressed with this engine so far. It isn't cutting edge, but if it handles hundreds upon hundreds of players on one map plus has great physics with half way decent graphics I think it shows the potential of it anyway.

Back