Some of the best cards for a non-UFEI (Legacy) BIOS?

kent

2[H]4U
I posted a thread the other day about matching a GPU to a Q9550 that's not too high end. A lot of people said the GeForce 750Ti would be great but I don't think some of the larger "Legacy-enabled" (MSI) cards will fit in my friend's HTPC case, those were suggested and linked. I really liked the length of the EVGA 750Ti but apparently it does not support legacy BIOS. His SATA ports run directly past the PCI-E slot so cards much longer than the slot may compromise the SATA ports.

If you're curious of the chipset, it's an nVidia i730 which came with onboard GeForce 9400 graphics. It was one of the last chipsets nVidia made before exiting the market. It's a S775 board made by Gigabyte. For the record the PSU is a Corsair VX(?) 400w with a PCI-E connector.

So my question is:

"What's a good GPU to pair to the Q9550 that'll run things like Rocket League and Steam Games at either 1280x720 or 1980x1020, it also needs to have a legacy BIOS and not be an obnoxiously long card."

Thanks ladies and gentlemen!

I'ved used several Radeon 7950. 7970 and 280x cards on systems with legacy BIOS. Those might be a bit overkill but I'd wager a Radeon 7700 or 7800 series card would work just fine. Actually, now that I think about it my father has a Radeon 7790 in his old system that's using an E6600.

I personally have never run into a legacy board that would not cooperate with video cards that have a UEFI compatible bios.....including the one im currently using.... Also as far as the sata plugs being blocked by the video card......That why they make sata's with 90 degree ends. I would not rule out a possible video card for something like that unless money is of no concern and really same thing regarding the cards length

Last edited:
Back