Some MP3 files not readable in car receiver

beyonddc

Limp Gawd
Sometime my MP3 compatible car receiver couldn't play certain MP3 files of my MP3 CD burned using Nero Burning ROM.

What I mean by certain tracks is that it could play fine on certain MP3 files from one directory and couldn't play any MP3 files from another directory.

I have tried using different brand of CD-R and also tried to burn my MP3 CD using a slower speed.

Anyone have any ideas on what I should try next?

Thanks!

Could be bit rate limitations, are the mp3s all the same bit rate, any of them variable bit rate?

My apology, what is variable bit rate? And why do you think it is related?

Thanks!

I guess I understand a bit now.

Is there any free software that can convert MP3 that is encoded with VBR to fixed bit rate?

I would like to give that a try.

bonkenc comes to mind.
one that I've been using, should be able to do that.

Might want to check to see if that's the actual problem before reencoding some of your mp3s. Do you have the model of your headunit?

Do you have the manual for the system? Unfortunately Mitsubishi has been calling there head units that since the late 90s, so just having the name of the system is like telling us you're running windows for an OS.

I just grabbed the manual out from my car. It appears that my receiver does support VBR. I also bought some nicer audio CD from Best Buy and tried it but no luck.

I couldn't tell which version of MMCS I have though. I'm pretty sure it's the latest one because my car is a 2009 model.

At this point, I'm a clueless.

Back