Some lady responds to my craigslist ad looking for retro games...

Thank article. I very interested in any field of games sharing the joy you contact

I own eight of those SNES games, and I still hate you (Pretty much all the JRPG's, plus battletoads and star fox. )

Nice find OP. Remember playing a bunch of those games. Personally I found my classic system of choice not too long ago.

Yes they can. That and just some of the more rare games. ACS games seem to hold their value a good bit more then the MVS versions as well. Still have my acs system sitting around. Figured out a nice way around the price hike without resorting to those expensive adapters that don't always work well.

img0787mediumy.jpg

Yes a real neo geo golden cab. Need to replace the el light panels for the mini marquee's but the control panel has been redone with new sticks and buttons.

Love that man!!! I'm what you would call a Neo Geo baby, would kill for a setup like that, maybe one day, its definitely something to look forward to in life if they dont become extinct by the time I make it and settle down.

Just curious are cartridges superior to the emulator neo geo games, or is it just for the authentic cool factor?

seeing all those snes cartridges makes me want to play final fantasy VI so damn bad now!

Love that man!!! I'm what you would call a Neo Geo baby, would kill for a setup like that, maybe one day, its definitely something to look forward to in life if they dont become extinct by the time I make it and settle down.

Just curious are cartridges superior to the emulator neo geo games, or is it just for the authentic cool factor?

I really want to find a good condition mini cabinet(model MVS-2-13 which was a smaller neo geo system with a 13 inch monitor).

The authentic cool factor as you put it is a big one. I have my games set to take quarters to help make it feel more like playing in an arcade. Just have a pale of them near the games. Sure you can even use arcade sticks with an emulator to help make it feel more like the real thing(I have an xgaming set myself) but something about playing with a real stand up cabinet with the game running on a crt just brings back found memories.

That being said some games can run better on the emulator. Metal Slug 2 for instance had a good amount of slow down in the real game. I want to say you don't notice it with the emulated versions.

I had started a thread on here a while ago asking about others who have arcade machines in their homes because I saw them posted before. A few people posted their games in it.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1659317

Back