Some funny predictions...

Weazmeister

Limp Gawd
LOL this is funny said:
THE XBOX 360 will lose Microsoft a big chunk of its games console market share, with Nintendo standing to benefit, new research predicts.

The predictions for the next generation consoles come from In-Stat research announced yesterday, and the estimates of the older machines' market share are from Gartner data released last November, just prior to the launch of the Xbox 360.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30453

This is some funny stuff. Seriously, where do they get some of these ppl?

It's the Inq, what do you expect? ;)

Not that I'm bad mouthing N, because you guys know I love their products, but the source here is enough for me to not even bother. ;)

"In-Stat research" ...really wondering who these guys are. That are some funny predictions though...By the time the PS3 ships MS wants to have 10 million Xbox 360s sold if I remember correctly, and I believe they will hit that number. Heck, they will be able to cut the price of the 360 by the time PS3 comes out and sell a ton.

10 Million is historically the number you hit to be the #1 console.

First to 10 Mil held it through the gen.

However, as I said on Saturday, the x factor is Japan. Japan is going to wholeheartedly embrace the PS3, so I still believe its more of an uphill battle for the guys in Redmond than they are letting on.

The bottom line is yes, its more dicey now than it ever has been, but this delay of the PS3 won't be the only factor in helping the 360 take over.

Japan?

I mean I love Japan and all.. but Billy should just get the US Government behind him.. and tell those PS3 lovin Japs.. 'remember what happens when you mess with the US?'

NOW BUY A 360!

hehe

;)

Tetrahedron said:
Japan?

I mean I love Japan and all.. but Billy should just get the US Government behind him.. and tell those PS3 lovin Japs.. 'remember what happens when you mess with the US?'

NOW BUY A 360!

hehe

;)

um.......ok.

Anyways how many sega dreamcast consoles were sold before the ps2 came out? Didnt dreamcast hit 10 mill mark first but the ps2 still outsold them?

If I had to trust anyone as far as analysis, I'd likely go with a company like Merrill Lynch that owes it to their clients to have correct info.

Domingo said:
If I had to trust anyone as far as analysis, I'd likely go with a company like Merrill Lynch that owes it to their clients to have correct info.

I work in the financial industry, and merrill lynch is my least favorite firm to deal with....of over 2000...

Slartibartfast said:
I work in the financial industry, and merrill lynch is my least favorite firm to deal with....of over 2000...

lol...me too... but in general that's why they're successful. I'm not sure of exact numbers but they claim to have more high net worth clients than anyone else.

Domingo said:
lol...me too... but in general that's why they're successful. I'm not sure of exact numbers but they claim to have more high net worth clients than anyone else.

My problem with them is that they've very uncooperative. A coworker of mine once called them looking for an address, and was told "nobody at Merrill Lynch can give you that information." They're pretty infamous around here.

We are supposed to believe a company that uses 5 month old data that, by definition, can't possibly all the highly relevant information available today like ACTUAL 360 sales or the fact that the PS3 has been delayed and still has no hard date?

Sounds like someone talking out of their butt to me.

The Japanese market is much smaller than the US market. Doing well in Japan is not enough to make the ps3 successful, they have to hit it big here as well.

There were (far) more ps2s sold in the US than in Japan.

360 with a large majority of American market > ps3 with all of Japan market + minority of American

OutOfGum said:
The Japanese market is much smaller than the US market. Doing well in Japan is not enough to make the ps3 successful, they have to hit it big here as well.

There were (far) more ps2s sold in the US than in Japan.

360 with a large majority of American market > ps3 with all of Japan market + minority of American

so i guess everyone in america loves the xbox but only a small handful like the ps3 :rolleyes: (a little exaggeration, but you get the idea)

Back