Limp Gawd
Looking at the hot deals cards.
my rig:
Asus A8V
X2 3800+
9800 something or other.
2gb Patriot 2-3-2-5 Pc3200
Antec SLK something or other case

I've heard something about single and double slot cards? what does that mean?
Which is the better deal? which would fit easiest?

single n double slot is the cooler size... x850 is double slot [takes up two slots on the back panel] and x800 is single

dude, u have AGP, so none of those are gonna fit ;)

The x800 series only takes up one slot. ATI's x850 pro takes up two slots though some 3rd party companies made single slot x850 pro's.

That link above is a good deal for the x800xl, I just bought one to replace my 9800pro.

Xiro said:
The x800 series only takes up one slot. ATI's x850 pro takes up two slots though some 3rd party companies made single slot x850 pro's.

That link above is a good deal for the x800xl, I just bought one to replace my 9800pro.

I haven't seen ANY dual-slot X850 PROs. It's standard for X850XT / X850XT PEs, but if any X850 PROs were made in dual-slot variants, they aren't made any more and have all been replaced by single slot.

So which is the faster card? Out of the box.
I play games and surf. Swat 4,Quake4(3areana),Doom3,Toca3 and looking for some new ones.

An x800xl will net you about Medium detail at 1024x768 in Quake 4 Multiplayer with no shadows for silky smooth gameplay.

Almost forgot, I'm on a Visiontek radeon 9800XT.
Will the X800xl be a big improvement?

Jeeprs69 said:
Almost forgot, I'm on a Visiontek radeon 9800XT.
Will the X800xl be a big improvement?
Yes, very.

9800XT was an expensive card, you must have money to get say an x1800XL? And a PCI-E board.

Borgschulze said:
Yes, very.

9800XT was an expensive card, you must have money to get say an x1800XL? And a PCI-E board.

I believe he is talking about the x800xl and not the x1800xl card. x800xl card can be found as an AGP variant.

freakycody said:
I believe he is talking about the x800xl and not the x1800xl card. x800xl card can be found as an AGP variant.
Re-read my post.

He had money for a 9800XT which was once, very expensive.

So he must be able to at least go for an x1800XL and a PCI-E motherboard.

i dislike smileys (reminds me of little kids talking on AIM), but i do have to admit they do make a post seem more pleasant :D

freakycody said:
i dislike smileys (reminds me of little kids talking on AIM), but i do have to admit they do make a post seem more pleasant :D
But seriously...

Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer, ein Grammatik, ein Rechtschreibung.

Grammar and spelling > All.

I just got the mobo for my Bday in April.
The 9800xt was bought around xmas-around $120 I think
I'm upgrading parts here and there so my GF's son can have some decent parts for one he is building. Right now, I don't want to go mobo/pci-e. Gotta put some miles on this one first
:D
Oh and don't worry about hurting my feelings. I don't have much :eek: none in half my foot compliments of the Doc and screws and a 20+foot fall. Weird looking at the bottom of your foot.
Back ontopic=
I just saw the $119 or whatever the price is and thought= Hey that would be cool- then Robert could have my old card :D

You're looking at pretty close to double the performance from an 9800xt to x800 xl

Back