SOLVED: Visiontek RX480 8GB failing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks in advance for any input...

I built a new system this past weekend (thread here )

When I ran Firestrike, my video score kept coming in quite a bit lower than anticipated. Now, I am experiencing random shutdowns when I benchmark. These are full crashes to reboot and in a few occasions, system stays running w/ no activity and I have to switch off the PSU to reboot.

I have since uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled. My new PSU also arrived (SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 650w) and has been installed.

I uninstalled Steam and Origin just to see, and Firestrike ran once, then TimeSpy crashed.

Since my scores were low and now I am crashing, I am wondering if my GPU is failing. Does this sound feasible? When I bought it (February 2017), I got that Micro Center extended warranty, so I should be eligible for replacement.

This is maddening, since I am using my PC all day for work, but as soon as I try a synthetic benchmark, it's ghost.

**edit**
After numerous attempts to fix this, it turns out the most recent BIOS for my system is the culprit as far as crashing goes. I downgraded and am running smooth. Still not sure about that low graphics score...

Last edited:
Reactions: MTDEW
like this
**edit**
After numerous attempts to fix this, it turns out the most recent BIOS for my system is the culprit as far as crashing goes. I downgraded and am running smooth. Still not sure about that low graphics score...
After comparing to other scores online, my 12k doesn't actually seem all that low for running stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back