Solutions for direct die mounting?

DaCoOlNeSs

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, I have been looking around for a while but haven't really come up with an answer to this.

I have taken the lid off my 6600K and redone the thermal paste, however I am really interested in mounting my waterblock direct to die. I don't have anything crazy right now (a Corsair H110) but I am looking to upgrade into a Swiftech H320 X2 or perhaps a custom loop.

The problem I have is that the only direct die option I have seen is from EKWB. Is there any other people making kits to do this, or are the ones that have direct die cooling and aren't using EK stuff making a homebrew solution? With the Corsair kit I have the screws bottom out way before the watercooler touches the die.

I have heard good things about EKWB solution, but I ahve no experience with it myself. They DO have kits, and if any of their blocks are not in their kits, you can check a box when you order it to have it pre-filled with quick disconnects, so you can just attach it to the kit without any custom work.

If you really end up doing this, please tell us what the difference in temps was.

I estimate that it will approximate the square root of zero.

I use an EK Supremacy water block with the precise mount add-on. I have this on a 4770k Haswell chip. I honestly could not tell you the temps when I bought the cpu as I took it out of the box and hit it with a hammer before it was ever put into a machine.

I am not sure about my current setup using it but when I had this cpu in my original water cooling setup .... I am pulling from memory so if I am off... whatever....
Temps at idle were around 35-38c and full load playing games like Tera, Wow it might have been around 50c as a max. These are estimates from my memory.,.....

I use an EK Supremacy water block with the precise mount add-on. I have this on a 4770k Haswell chip. I honestly could not tell you the temps when I bought the cpu as I took it out of the box and hit it with a hammer before it was ever put into a machine.

I am not sure about my current setup using it but when I had this cpu in my original water cooling setup .... I am pulling from memory so if I am off... whatever....
Temps at idle were around 35-38c and full load playing games like Tera, Wow it might have been around 50c as a max. These are estimates from my memory.,.....
Unfortunately that doesn't work with Skylake processors, otherwise I would have ended up going that route. I hope that EKWB ends up making a new kit for the 6000 series though, the aqua computer one isn't quite what I was looking for.

Back