“Solo” Box Office a Historic Failure for “Star Wars”

or maybe just maybe RAMMING SJW concepts down the throats of people that just want a damn good starwars film isn't a good idea...
my wife, 11yo son and 7yo daughter did not like TLJ and were confused by the rewrite of history of solo ... This is before I start going on a rant BUT If I did it would just be racist or misogynistic "because I am a white male"

So this agenda in hollywood needs to end otherwise they will end.

That dude NAILED IT!!!!!100%

I just got back from the theater. I had a choice of two movies since it was going to cost me the same no matter which I went to; Solo or The Princess Bride. I think it's enough to say that my son and I watched The Princess Bride. We had a great time watching that 31 year old movie on the big screen. It was a lot of fun. I doubt I would have enjoyed Solo nearly as much.

Plenty of people can tell a great space fantasy, problem is that none of those are working on Star Wars films now.

Yes that is true but nobody could tell it the way Lucas did. It was his campy, pure over the top fantasy version that made it great. He'll never win any screenwriting Oscars but he did literally change the world with a movie.

Regressives aren't good at making money. They make people not want to watch their films. They make people not want to play their games. They make people not want to shop in their stores. Then blame everyone but themselves for it.
They make people not want to get out of bed.

SWJ for any interested is spread by the Jesuits, Paul Ryan just recently endorsed Catholicism for the USA.
Catholicism is the heart of the NWO which is not new it's just a return to the dark ages where kings stood barefoot in the snow to ask for forgiveness.
If you keen to reading then go read the Catholic CCC, there is a reason the Pope kisses the Koran.

Donald Glover likes to wear the following which worn by catholic priests and carved into churches.
He also knows the proper hand signals that "eye" see world wide.
8cc4873a6e6eace82a95babdf410933e--masonic-symbols-all-seeing-eye.jpg

Star Wars Hokey religion and saturation point has been exceeded.........

I'm surprised fans kept going to Star Wars movies after the awful prequels. The Lucas magic dried up after The Empire Strikes Back. The most recent films are pure money grabs thanks to the greedy execs at Disney.

Along with all the other problems, there were problems with the casting.
1) The actor they cast as Han Solo just plain wasn't. This was the biggest problem, and it makes me appreciate how good young Harrison Ford was at the role.
2) Every time I saw Woody Harrelson, I thought, "Oh, look, it's Woody Harrelson." I like him, but it pulled me out of immersion.
3) Jarvis/The Vision was the villian? Same problem was 2.

When an article from HuffPo gushed over the "Lando is Pansexual" I was immediately no longer interested.
That's coming from a guy who saw each movie day 1.
I also have more invested in the damn toys than most people on this forum have invested in computers.
Han Solo was my second favorite to Boba and Lando was definitely my 3rd favorite.

It wouldn't matter if the guy was a queen, he was still one of my faves. I don't care if nothing was remotely sexual on scene, it need not have been mentioned that they changed cannon to appease the LGBQT community.
The fact that Hollywood is shoving Alt-sexuality down everyone's throats is disgusting.
I wouldn't even download it illegally if that was my thing.

This is my stand against Forced Liberal Morals and I hope the franchise bankrupts.
/thread.

I hear that robot in the movie was female-ish. Shouldn't it have been gender neutral?
maybe, maybe not. HOWEVER holiwood did go out to say this is the 1st star wars film with a female droid.... they must have forgotten PhantomMenance on the trade ship at the begining

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I will say there are two reasons for the failure IMO. As mentioned in the OP, they released this movie too soon after the last one. Second, most parents want to see the Star Wars movies with their kids. Making a movie about Han Solo in his youth isn't exactly the way to attract that market. I guess as a third reason, the advertising for the movie sucked. It did not look interesting at all. So that is why. IMO.

I knew comments here would be laughably bonkers when I saw the article. Was not disappointed.

Solo is just kinda bland. That's why it tanked. Basically, nobody cares.

All the whiners bitching about TLJ. LOL. Yeah. Backlash really put a dent in its $1.32bn haul. :rolleyes:

Oh FFS, who cares about SJW stuff except the people that keep crying about it. Wahh wahh wahh..

The movie failed for a few simple reasons and it has nothing to do with your political agenda.
Keep sniffing those farts. The fans are quite vocal about it and anywhere any sort of polling is taken (RottenTomatos, YouTube, ect) your take on the situation is overwhelmingly in the minority.

Saw it, enjoyed. Don't see the silly SJW nonsense some snowflakes seem to be getting into a tizzy about. It was fun, not great, but fun.

Just "google" "Lando is pansexual" The usual suspects (Wapo, HuffPo, Vox, Vulture ect) will have plenty of gay reviewers gushing over the writers and actor saying that "Yes, Lando is pansexual" also alluding to an on screen sexual tension between him and Solo.

So the facts are there.
The question is why?

The answer is PANDERING and Liberal Social Moral Reform

Did you actually see it? There was nothing in the movie about Lando being pansexual at all. Maybe if you squinted real hard and let your imagination go wild. Maybe. Media ran with a catchy headline, hardly SJW down anyones throat, but cute that so many are offended at even the idea of it.

Saw it, enjoyed. Don't see the silly SJW nonsense some snowflakes seem to be getting into a tizzy about. It was fun, not great, but fun.
Odd, I don't see them demanding safe spaces, screaming incoherently into the sky, or anything else I normally consider "snowflake"-like. Giving their opinion and actually putting (or not putting in this case) their money where their mouth is perfectly acceptable. By that metric, the failure of the movie would indicate "most" rather than "some" in any case.

or maybe just maybe RAMMING SJW concepts down the throats of people that just want a damn good starwars film isn't a good idea...
my wife, 11yo son and 7yo daughter did not like TLJ and were confused by the rewrite of history of solo ... This is before I start going on a rant BUT If I did it would just be racist or misogynistic "because I am a white male"

So this agenda in hollywood needs to end otherwise they will end.

pan-sexual,whats that like having sex with pans !?!? :shame:

SWJ for any interested is spread by the Jesuits, Paul Ryan just recently endorsed Catholicism for the USA.
Catholicism is the heart of the NWO which is not new it's just a return to the dark ages where kings stood barefoot in the snow to ask for forgiveness.
If you keen to reading then go read the Catholic CCC, there is a reason the Pope kisses the Koran.

Donald Glover likes to wear the following which worn by catholic priests and carved into churches.
He also knows the proper hand signals that "eye" see world wide.
View attachment 78472

Holy shit are you for real? Seriously though, I want to know how far this crazy train goes.

Anyway, I think solo bombed because it just wasn't great, the guy playing Han looks the part and can do a very han-esque smile but his dialect and delivery are a complete miss for me, this guy just didn't have the charisma for the roll, couple that with some pretty meh dialog and there's your problem. Donald Glover was great but underutilized. I honestly thought that multi armed guy from the beginning was the most interesting of all and I can't even remember his fucking name.

Also, that movie was the biggest waste of Woody Harrelson I have seen.

I really wanted to see a funnier version of this movie.

Honestly, go back to ep IV. Han and Chewie traveling through space alone in a confined space for long periods of time. It's a perfect recipe a space twink and bear duo no one has minded for decades.
Yeah, that's the kind of shit I want to take my kids to. :rolleyes:

I don't even get where all the SJW crap comes from for any of the last 3 or 4 films.

Mary sue .... ya ok I guess no one watched the first star wars where a kid from a farm talks to an old man for 20 min and can summon the force to one shot a star base the size of a moon. I have no doubt that if Lucas had the ability Luke would have been jumping around like yoda in the prequels.... wait I don't have to wonder I watched Episode 1, you know the one where a little boy with zero training taps into the force to win pod races and again blow up an entire droid army with one lucky or should we say force shot.

Or is it the casting of a storm trooper who isn't white... cause somehow a black storm trooper, a class of slave is some big social justice win ?

Oh no its a female rebellion leader.... like TLJ showed us the first of those. And we will assume she is gay cause you know purple hair.

Oh no its that the robot sounds and acts like a female... oh my that is silly for some reason. Cause you know Anthony Daniels and Alan Tudyk totally did their best just a robot here voices.

Some producer or who ever it was in an interview said Lando was Pansexual... oh my boycott. I mean serious who cares in the movie Lando is pretty much played as Lando the usual hey there to the ladies and what else... a little to much concern for his female droid ? Its a non issue.

After hearing so much of the BS spewed by supposed SW fans since the force awakens its almost embarrassing to call yourself a fan.

For the record I have seen solo... Aldrich did a fine job, Glover did an uncanny Billy Dee voice if nothing else. Harrelson was good, Thandie Newton wasn't in Solo enough she was great. Movie isn't a classic, but it was a fun summer movie... like every single SW movie Empire included it wasn't perfect, its not the best of the SW movies. It is also a long way from the worst.

Did you actually see it? There was nothing in the movie about Lando being pansexual at all. Maybe if you squinted real hard and let your imagination go wild. Maybe. Media ran with a catchy headline, hardly SJW down anyones throat, but cute that so many are offended at even the idea of it.

I think the point is many people chose NOT to go see it because of the political infusion into the Last Jedi. If you watched that film and did not think there was HEAVY political commentary in it, then that's another issue altogether.

So, yes, you are correct. They did not see the film. Based on the last one, it doesn't strain credulity in the least if they made Lando some sort of statement on sexual orientation.

I liked Rogue One and had hopes for the followups. Then I saw the Last Jedi and I was like WTF? While Solo was an uptick - not great overall but hella better compared to TLJ - I, an old time Star Wars fan, definitely don't like the direction it seems things RE: Star Wars franchise are going under Kennedy.

It's funny as soon as the shit hit the fan that they decide to announce Boba Fett w/ James Mangold - which is basically a fanboys wet dream

NOTE: My criticism is from actually seeing the movies, not fanboying

The left will deny that SJW-ism is the reason, even if the whole franchise sinks completely. The one thing the left excels at is willful denial. There is always some other reason for their ideology falling on its face.

Oh FFS, who cares about SJW stuff except the people that keep crying about it. Wahh wahh wahh..

The movie failed for a few simple reasons and it has nothing to do with your political agenda.

Disney is also a very large media company at this point. They own networks. The people who are concerned with the political stuff may be Disney fatigued in general. Due to other Disney owned properties.

#GoWokeGoBroke

Star Wars and a Wrinkle in Time both demonstrated that audiences do not want their movies filled with leftist pap.

Black Panther and Avengers/Cap America showed that audiences adore films that are #ProTrump or anti-leftist.

It is that simple.

After TLJ I lost any interest in Solo. They fact they haven't ironed out a deal with Ewan McGregor and started shooting an Obi-Wan movie shows just how behind the 8ball they truly are when it comes to this franchise.

I'll go see EP9 in theaters with the small hope that Kylo Ren just fucking kills everyone and sits on his throne Riddick style.

I cant take credit for the comment as I read it first on a youtube video but...

"No one hates star wars more than star wars fans"

Deadpool IS pansexual, and nobody gives a shit. You know why? Because he is Deadpool, and it makes sense. The problem we have is that some fuckwad Star Trek assholes decided to infect Star Wars with their bullshit. Star Wars is not the place for political statement bullshit. That is the realm of Star Trek. All we want to see in Star Wars is space wizards and space battles.

You guys... especally the ones who haven't seen the movie. It was a good movie. Even if HAN was portrayed to always have a soft spot... it fit with his character from the movies. He never DIDN'T have a soft spot. Go back and watch the movies.

Heck they even give a nod to the fact that people don't like the edits of the first three for a particular scene.

It is a GOOD movie. If you can pull your head out of the "well in book x it happened this way" ass and just enjoy a damn movie.

Back