“Solo” Box Office a Historic Failure for “Star Wars”

The screenwriter for Solo said he was pansexual. Really the issue is the people doing PR for the movies don’t know how to shut the fuck up and stop pushing their agendas.

The counter to that is people are unable to disassociate politics from a fictional piece of entertainment.

I enjoyed the movie. I could care less about political agendas, unless it is a documentary. Pretty sure none of the Star Wars movies are documentaries.

trust me when I say that is the least of what they messed up. They have essentially made Solo "always a good guy" RATHER than the anti-hero he was in ANH looking out for himself to then turn good.
My thoughts are that he becomes they "only looking out for himself" anti-hero because of the ending of this film.

Hollywood does two things predictably these days: 1. Shove a Jewish character or some sort of Jewish cultural reference (in a positive light) in a movie 2. Pander to the SJW crowd with an obligatory black, gay, pansexual, tranny etc character.

I have trouble getting past these new actors playing such iconic roles. It just reminds of Cosplay to see it.

Fatigue. Too much hype way too early before the movie came out, I was worn out on all things Solo by the time it hit the theaters. I will probably catch it on Blu-Ray.

And people told me I was being overly critical when I walk out of Rogue One. Ha, Ha, Haaah.
Really I was done with Star Wars after The Phantom Menace but I would always go see the movies because of it was planned as a family outing.

This movie got punished for the last movie. If you want to know why people didn't go you have to discuss how much people disliked TLJ and why.

Do you think people will like Deadpool as much if Ryan Reynolds is not doing the role? What about Robert Downey Jr and Iron Man? I think both of these take a hit if those actors move on. Same for Solo...if it's not Harrison Ford, it's not Han Solo. Don't try to give me an origin story when I already know how the guy turns out. Much less an origin story with a different actor for the role in question.

Star Wars really went in the tank with the editing of the original 3 movies and they absolutely destroyed it with the prequels.

I didn’t want to see Solo after hearing the bad reviews and the huge disappointment of TLJ. My friend payed for me to go and I figured “Free” is the right price for Star Wars nowadays.
It turns out that it was actually a very enjoyable and entertaining movie.
Unlike what previous posters said, Han is not a bleeding heart good guy. He is a pragmatic survivalist who isn’t evil and does not let himself be stabbed in the back. The SJW crap is limited to Landos droid who frees actual slaves, not Starbucks bathroom slaves. But most importantly it was fun.

Star Wars is just dead for me. I don’t care enough to hate it or to argue about it. After JJs movie TFA - I just don’t care. I would rather just go see Infinity War again.

-Life long Star Wars fan
Exactly this!

When TFA came out, I refused to read any reviews or spoilers and avoided a trailer. After the first 30 minutes I realized I was re-watching episode IV re-made (for who knows what reason) and the only reason I didn't walk out was my family was with me.

I gave Disney a chance to not royally bork star wars & they failed. I'll continue to watch the original 3 & and occasionally EP I/II/III and for me, Star Wars is done.

Movie was a fun, enjoyable watch. Didn't care for the actor that plays Han from the trailers but can't fault the guy for getting the job - and by the end of the film I didn't mind so much. And sure, it's not doing as well as a primary Starwars film... but since when does $260,000,000+ in 10ish days mean a bad opening (sure it was expensive to make - but it appears it's already passed the "break-even" point. It's still in the top ten Memorial Day openings - ever)? LOL. People like doom and gloom it seems. If you don't want to see it, don't...or wait until you can rent it, which is normally what we do. Only reason we went to see it was because we had some time off, felt like seeing a movie, and the nearby theater was recently renovated - with reserved seating and electric leather recliners. The movie going experience isn't nearly as bad as it was before...though I still prefer a proper home theater... you know, you can pause to get some food or use the restroom etc.

Anyways, stayed away from most any information about the movie (and besides being a normal original starwars fan, I know nothing of the backstory), but heard about Lando from various places... but I didn't really see it in the movie. Was a fun watch - if you liked any of the previous movies it's probably worth seeing sometime.

I actually enjoyed Solo and had very few complaints. In fact, I found it much better than The Last Jedi in terms of the acting, which was horrendous in TLJ. Solo had a good cast, a decent backstory that they expounded upon, and a cool cameo at the end that left it open to a potential sequel. It wasn't anything mind blowing, but I considered a worthy entry to the series.

So people love the originals with a whiny homosexual robot but lando can’t be “pansexual” in solo or everyone loses their minds ... sounds consistent.

R2 was gay?

Nobody's losing their minds over Lando being gay. We're losing our minds because the entire story of Star Wars that most of us grew up with, worshiped and adored is being gutted and re-written into an outright abomination by a bunch of SJW hippies.

Yes turning Lando who was a cool as shit ladies man into a gay guy for no reason other than to fulfill a SJW agenda pisses us off. If he was gay in the original movies nobody would care. He wasn't and is only turned gay now to appease the SJW crowd.

Taking Luke Skywalker, the most iconic and arguably beloved movie characters ever and turning him into a worthless, defeated, depressed, grouchy old fart that plays no role at all in the grand scheme of things is an outright slap in the face to all of us that love Star Wars and are responsible for making it the 4 decades long phenomenon that it is. Luke is the most powerful Jedi to ever live but yet gets his ass kicked by Mary Sue who hasn't even been trained yet but is already excellent at everything because girl power. Then when we finally think we're gonna get to see Luke open up a can of badassery, nope it's just a hologram that kills him...WHAT?!

Then the fat Asian chick and token black guy that offer nothing to the story (actually drag the story down) and are only there for forced diversity.

Taking Snoke who could've been a great villain who had everybody talking and buzzing after TFA and dying with anticipation to finding out more about him, then killing him off almost accidentally had everybody in the theater I was in saying "what the fuck" at the same time. So the awesome bad guy is dead and we're left with the quintessential emo millennial moping and whining whenever he doesn't get his way.

The problem is Star Wars didn't need to be reinvented. It was already nearly perfect and is still the most adored movie franchise in history going over 4 decades now. Lando didn't need to be changed, Luke didn't need to be changed, Han didn't need to be killed off, quota and token characters didn't need to be forced on us to fulfill some liberal agenda. If these people wanted to make a movie about pink haired feminists taking over the galaxy with girl power, that's fine, just don' take Star Wars, piss on it and strip everything about it that made it wonderful.

#GoWokeGoBroke

Star Wars and a Wrinkle in Time both demonstrated that audiences do not want their movies filled with leftist pap.

Black Panther and Avengers/Cap America showed that audiences adore films that are #ProTrump or anti-leftist.

It is that simple.

So what does Deadpool show? that people like Pansexual mutants that grab shiny metal ass?

You can call it whatever you want, but people don't like movies that suck.

SWJ for any interested is spread by the Jesuits, Paul Ryan just recently endorsed Catholicism for the USA.
Catholicism is the heart of the NWO which is not new it's just a return to the dark ages where kings stood barefoot in the snow to ask for forgiveness.
If you keen to reading then go read the Catholic CCC, there is a reason the Pope kisses the Koran.

Donald Glover likes to wear the following which worn by catholic priests and carved into churches.
He also knows the proper hand signals that "eye" see world wide.
View attachment 78472

tin-foil-hat.jpg

I'm surprised fans kept going to Star Wars movies after the awful prequels. The Lucas magic dried up after The Empire Strikes Back. The most recent films are pure money grabs thanks to the greedy execs at Disney.

At the time, everybody thought Empire sucked because it was such a dark movie (and they all showed up with their kids). It was only in hindsight that it became so popular; it was the only film to focus on the people over the spectacle.

Which now are looking like great movies, compared to Disney's dumpster fires. Yoda kicking ass. Anakin choped to pieces... Anakin development in general.

Well, I haven't seen Episode 8 or Rogue One yet, but I thought Episode 7 was leaps and bounds better than the prequels. Not quite as good as the original three, but the prequels were so horrifically bad it would have been better had they never been made.

Not at all. I loved the prequels but they didn't change the world like the first 3 did.

And all this prequel hate is something that just recently started. I don't know why but within the last several years it became trendy to hate them. Don't get me wrong, EVERYBODY hated Jar Jar Binks from the beginning and didn't care for the over-use of CGI but the movies themselves were pretty well liked and made a shit ton of money and they "felt" like Star Wars.

Speak for yourself.

I absolutely hated them from day one, so much so that after episode 2, i didnt watch 3 until about two years ago. I completely lost interest in the franchise after the first couple of prequels. I wish they had never been made. They Completely ruined Star Wars for me, everything including bad CGI, Jar Jar, Obnoxious Wunder kid in Episode 1, who becomes a whiny annoying bitch in episode 2, not to mention that midi-chlorian bullshit trying to de-mystify the force with some pseudoscientific nonsense... Episode 3 was a little better but still suffered from ubder-developed characters and a story like that could have been written by a grade schooler.

The Franchise would literally be better off if those God awful disasters had never been made.

My reaction when I saw The Force Awakens was one of relief. Finally something that reminds me more of the first three than that horrific mess that was the prequels.

Last edited:
R2 was gay?

Nobody's losing their minds over Lando being gay. We're losing our minds because the entire story of Star Wars that most of us grew up with, worshiped and adored is being gutted and re-written into an outright abomination by a bunch of SJW hippies.

Yes turning Lando who was a cool as shit ladies man into a gay guy for no reason other than to fulfill a SJW agenda pisses us off. If he was gay in the original movies nobody would care. He wasn't and is only turned gay now to appease the SJW crowd.

Taking Luke Skywalker, the most iconic and arguably beloved movie characters ever and turning him into a worthless, defeated, depressed, grouchy old fart that plays no role at all in the grand scheme of things is an outright slap in the face to all of us that love Star Wars and are responsible for making it the 4 decades long phenomenon that it is. Luke is the most powerful Jedi to ever live but yet gets his ass kicked by Mary Sue who hasn't even been trained yet but is already excellent at everything because girl power. Then when we finally think we're gonna get to see Luke open up a can of badassery, nope it's just a hologram that kills him...WHAT?!

Then the fat Asian chick and token black guy that offer nothing to the story (actually drag the story down) and are only there for forced diversity.

Taking Snoke who could've been a great villain who had everybody talking and buzzing after TFA and dying with anticipation to finding out more about him, then killing him off almost accidentally had everybody in the theater I was in saying "what the fuck" at the same time. So the awesome bad guy is dead and we're left with the quintessential emo millennial moping and whining whenever he doesn't get his way.

The problem is Star Wars didn't need to be reinvented. It was already nearly perfect and is still the most adored movie franchise in history going over 4 decades now. Lando didn't need to be changed, Luke didn't need to be changed, Han didn't need to be killed off, quota and token characters didn't need to be forced on us to fulfill some liberal agenda. If these people wanted to make a movie about pink haired feminists taking over the galaxy with girl power, that's fine, just don' take Star Wars, piss on it and strip everything about it that made it wonderful.
Did you even watch the originals? Leia is the ultimate, to use your parlance, "SJW" fantasy. She regularly shuts down males with quick terse words, rescues Han and Luke from being cornered in the detention block, shoots stormtroopers while Luke is messing with his grappling hook, strangles Jabba to death, is part of the command crew for the Endor attack force, the list goes on and on.
Luke is following exactly what Obi-Wan and Yoda did. They both turned into hermits and fell out with the force ... ya totally doesn't fit does it.

Th fact that there is even a thing as pansexual is hilarious. The definition sounds exactly like Bisexual other than the term gender binary or wtf ever that is.

Movie was a fun, enjoyable watch. Didn't care for the actor that plays Han from the trailers but can't fault the guy for getting the job - and by the end of the film I didn't mind so much. And sure, it's not doing as well as a primary Starwars film... but since when does $260,000,000+ in 10ish days mean a bad opening (sure it was expensive to make - but it appears it's already passed the "break-even" point. It's still in the top ten Memorial Day openings - ever)? LOL. People like doom and gloom it seems. If you don't want to see it, don't...or wait until you can rent it, which is normally what we do. Only reason we went to see it was because we had some time off, felt like seeing a movie, and the nearby theater was recently renovated - with reserved seating and electric leather recliners. The movie going experience isn't nearly as bad as it was before...though I still prefer a proper home theater... you know, you can pause to get some food or use the restroom etc.

Anyways, stayed away from most any information about the movie (and besides being a normal original starwars fan, I know nothing of the backstory), but heard about Lando from various places... but I didn't really see it in the movie. Was a fun watch - if you liked any of the previous movies it's probably worth seeing sometime.

It's not even close to the break-even point. Even for front-loaded Disney epics, they aren't getting more than 65% of the domestic gross and way under 50% for WW. They need 700m to break even and that's not counting the economic loss.

I don't even get where all the SJW crap comes from for any of the last 3 or 4 films.

Mary sue .... ya ok I guess no one watched the first star wars where a kid from a farm talks to an old man for 20 min and can summon the force to one shot a star base the size of a moon. I have no doubt that if Lucas had the ability Luke would have been jumping around like yoda in the prequels.... wait I don't have to wonder I watched Episode 1, you know the one where a little boy with zero training taps into the force to win pod races and again blow up an entire droid army with one lucky or should we say force shot.

Or is it the casting of a storm trooper who isn't white... cause somehow a black storm trooper, a class of slave is some big social justice win ?

Oh no its a female rebellion leader.... like TLJ showed us the first of those. And we will assume she is gay cause you know purple hair.

Oh no its that the robot sounds and acts like a female... oh my that is silly for some reason. Cause you know Anthony Daniels and Alan Tudyk totally did their best just a robot here voices.

Some producer or who ever it was in an interview said Lando was Pansexual... oh my boycott. I mean serious who cares in the movie Lando is pretty much played as Lando the usual hey there to the ladies and what else... a little to much concern for his female droid ? Its a non issue.

After hearing so much of the BS spewed by supposed SW fans since the force awakens its almost embarrassing to call yourself a fan.

For the record I have seen solo... Aldrich did a fine job, Glover did an uncanny Billy Dee voice if nothing else. Harrelson was good, Thandie Newton wasn't in Solo enough she was great. Movie isn't a classic, but it was a fun summer movie... like every single SW movie Empire included it wasn't perfect, its not the best of the SW movies. It is also a long way from the worst.
It's weird, a movie can't fail because it just wasn't that good anymore. There always has to be some grand nefarious politically-motivated conspiracy reasoning behind it.

Star Wars died when Disney handed the reigns over to Kennedy. She is interested in $$$, period. They are milking a franchise and it's fans, and the fans noticed and stopped watching. They simply don't "get" what make the original films so great (the original originals...). They blunder around trying to apply their stale formulas to give people what THEY THINK we want, and they are failing in every conceivable manner. For me, the end was when Mark Hamill stated that he disagreed with everything they did to his character. OK, done. Stick a fork in it already. They need to FIRE KENNEDY and put someone in charge who is the biggest SW geek alive. Someone who knows what the hell he's doing! But I dont have much hope of this. I am moving on to other things, much like I did with Star Trek. If they are going to keep dumbing down and ruining the "big" franchises, fine...I will just watch something else.

I just saw Solo over the weekend. Replace space ships with horses and the fancy monorail with an 1880's train and you have, well, just about any Western train robbery movie ever. I didn't see an overwhelming SJW influence, and I'm firmly on the conservative side of the fence. It was an OK movie, but not as awesome as they COULD have made Han's backstory. I remember after the first movie, one of the first Star Wars universe novels to come out was one about Han before he joined the rebellion. AN excellent adventure. This was just too generic. It was just an OK movie - could have been WAY better.

I saw Solo twice. I enjoyed it both times.

I thought the SJW and the "pansexual" angles really came across as the comic relief of the movie. Definitely a much different feel than with TLJ.

It might not be the best movie ever, but I think it's better than the box office rates indicate.

So people love the originals with a whiny homosexual robot but lando can’t be “pansexual” in solo or everyone loses their minds ... sounds consistent.

lol how can a robot be homosexual?

This made me LOL.

C3PO was built by Anikan when he was a child... but he/it does come off as a retard in every movie... walks like it has a stick up it's rear and it totally emo/whiney. Then again, what do you expect? It's not like C3PO had any real skills. Let's see how you would act around those types of situations when all you can do is kinda-sorta try to shuffle out of the way and move super slowly.

Do you think people will like Deadpool as much if Ryan Reynolds is not doing the role? What about Robert Downey Jr and Iron Man? I think both of these take a hit if those actors move on.
Downey Jr. makes 50 million dollars per movie..soo it's a good bet that Disney/Marvel KNOW he is irreplaceable ( at this point ) as Ironman.

Same for Solo...if it's not Harrison Ford, it's not Han Solo.
Most people are saying Ehrenreich actually pulls off a good portrayal of the Solo persona. Actor replacement can be done well; look at how many guys have played Bond or Doctor Who. But , if you didn't like re-casting Ford's Solo, you may have a few twinge twitches about Disney/Lucas film actively re-casting (young versionsof ) Luke and Leia right now :

...Don't try to give me an origin story when I already know how the guy turns out...
That is not a very good argument. You knew nothing about the 'back-story' for almost every single person you have ever met ( but you are meeting the person they' turned out' to be ) . So, imagine that you meet a new work colleague and are put on a project and work with him for the next 3 years . You get along well and he seems to be a normal well balanced guy .

Then one day he says, " ..shit I know how that guy feels, I beat the living out of my Step-father and nearly killed him...it's how I got this scar.." . He had never said anything like this before, and it's something about his character you wouldn't have guessed ; are you telling me you wouldn't want to hear the rest of that story?

The problem with Solo ( in addition to the Boycott ) is that it is a naked cash grab ( this would have been white-washed if TLJ had been great(or even good, ..or at least coherent) . This is made blatantly obvious by the fact that the need for the film was not set up in TFA ( or even Rogue One ).
If, before Han was so ingloriously ( and no funeral hav'n ) killed, He had something like : " Son, I've been where you are, I have felt the pain you feel now...WHEN I WAS YOUNG IT NEARLY TORE ME APART..." and then referenced something specific we had never heard of before , then the devil seed of curiosity would have created a demand to be filled by the hole left by Solo's death.

I mean it can be done right...KK's Lucas Film just lacks the talent and leadership to do it.

Star Wars really went in the tank with the editing of the original 3 movies and they absolutely destroyed it with the prequels.

On this we agree. Though I would take it a step farther and say the franchise started adding sugar to the tank with the addition of Spielberg's touchy feels.

Which brings me to this :

One could EASILY dispel the 'fatigue' (*cough*outright lie*cough*) 'myth' pretty easily; Lucas film could negotiate with Harmy ( of Harmy's despecialized edition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmy's_Despecialized_Edition ) to re-release ( yes again ) the original movies on the big screen. Each one only for one weekend for three consecutive weekends.
So first weekend Ep IV, second weekend Ep V, third weekend Ep VI.
In Fact, I DARE Disney to do this.

I don't have a huge problem with TFA, RO, or TLJ, besides the plot jacking, and Rey being the ultimate Mary Sue and uninteresting. I skipped Solo because it looked boring. The "pansexual" thing turned me off a bit, too, but mainly, it just didn't look that good to me. I'm black, and what you would call "woke", but leave ALL of that shit out of movies, just make a good movie, and respect the source material...

Also, I hate prequels in general, because you know parts of the story going in. You have to make it great to offset the predictability.

Did you even watch the originals? Leia is the ultimate, to use your parlance, "SJW" fantasy. She regularly shuts down males with quick terse words, rescues Han and Luke from being cornered in the detention block, shoots stormtroopers while Luke is messing with his grappling hook, strangles Jabba to death, is part of the command crew for the Endor attack force, the list goes on and on.

Yes she was a total bad ass and that's great. She was also teamed up with Luke, Han and Lando. It wasn't shoved down our throats that all men are pathetic, raging around drunk on testosterone, incapable of rational thought and needing to be saved by pink haired feminists. Nobody's against strong female role models. We're against forced diversity for no other reason than to further some left wing, SJW ideology.

Luke is following exactly what Obi-Wan and Yoda did. They both turned into hermits and fell out with the force ... ya totally doesn't fit does it.

No, Obi Wan and Yoda went into hiding from the empire who were killing all Jedi and NEITHER of them cut themselves off from the force. Obi Wan went to Tatooine in order to watch over Luke and then train him when he came of age. Same with Yoda, he also trained Luke and was still a force powerhouse. Luke left because of guilt and depression because he tried to kill his student just because he sensed the dark side in him. Then when Mary Sue came to him to train her, he's just a whiny old man feeling sorry for himself. Absolutely no comparison to Obi Wan and Yoda who were ready to get back into the fight when the time came. And lets not forget that Luke would NEVER try to kill his student just because he sensed the dark side in him. Hell he risked his life and nearly died trying to save his father who was completely immersed in the dark side! So the same guy that would risk everything to save the darkest of the dark side force users is now killing young students (younglings?) just because he caught a glimpse of the dark side in them?

Again, Star Wars did NOT need to be reinvented. It was perfect as is.

Just "google" "Lando is pansexual" The usual suspects (Wapo, HuffPo, Vox, Vulture ect) will have plenty of gay reviewers gushing over the writers and actor saying that "Yes, Lando is pansexual" also alluding to an on screen sexual tension between him and Solo.

So the facts are there.
The question is why?

The answer is PANDERING and Liberal Social Moral Reform

Sounds like you could use a safe space.

I went to go see Solo.

It was okay as a film. But boring relatively speaking, and didn't fit well into the franchise. The actor didn't act like Harrison Ford in his mannerisms or body language at all.

or maybe just maybe RAMMING SJW concepts down the throats of people that just want a damn good starwars film isn't a good idea...
my wife, 11yo son and 7yo daughter did not like TLJ and were confused by the rewrite of history of solo ... This is before I start going on a rant BUT If I did it would just be racist or misogynistic "because I am a white male"

So this agenda in hollywood needs to end otherwise they will end.

Show us on the doll where they touched you.

Well, duh, clearly there are no black people in the future /s
The events in Star Wars purportedly happened in the past, dummy. "A Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far Far Away." So the characters in Star Wars aren't human, unless you don't believe humans evolved here on Earth.

Back