Solid Snake in New Smash Bros on Wii

WTF?

Also
# Pit (Kid Icarus)
# Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
# Zero Suit Samus (Metroid)
# Meta-Knight (Kirby)
Ripped from IGN

Could this be a hint of a Wii only metal gear game?

Edit:
Wario is new too

Well they did have Twin Snakes on Gamecube, so it's not out of the question.

Actually yes, it is. Smash Bros. is Nintendo characters only. Nintendo has been very strict on this rule. If it wasn't, I'm sure Mega Man would have been in Melee. :p

Yeah but remember the whole virtual console push, i think Nintendo may be trying to be a uniter, not a divider. Won't suprise me at all if we see non first party charecters in the new smash brothers.

Looks like those 5 are the only all new characters revealed thus far. Lets not count out any number of secret characters that are bound to be thrown in.

This is most awesome news, and what an awesome way to end the first day of e3! =D

imagine Smash Bro's ONLINE!!! oh man oh man oh man. i cannot WAIT for this system

synergyo1 said:
You gotta be shitting me.. Did i just see Nintendogs from one of those shots?

I think so, wtf? Puppy attacks? This is crazy. Who's ass is that, in the blue suit? Somebody new?

ScreamingBroccoli said:
I think so, wtf? Puppy attacks? This is crazy. Who's ass is that, in the blue suit? Somebody new?

Samus :p

Also The puppies are let lose to cover the screen. I assume used for online to cover other peoples screens though that's just a guess :p

Darakian said:
Samus :p

Also The puppies are let lose to cover the screen. I assume used for online to cover other peoples screens though that's just a guess :p

Duh @ samus
You're probably right about the puppies, good thinking.

I'll get the new Smash Bros., but the lineup really leaves a lot to be desired. Snake is an unknown to me and does not belong. When I think MGS, I don't think Nintendo... and vice versa. Pit and Wario are good additions even though I've never played games featuring them. I've never cared about Kirby. Samus without the armor I can do without.... she wears it for a reason. Play Zero Mission to see that she's pretty useless otherwise.

Mega Man would be a great new character. The games have branched out to other consoles, but the games have a great history starting with the NES.

How about some of the Hunters from the Metroid Prime DS game? Maybe Dark Samus? Or even a generic space pirate?

Or perhaps some more characters from F-Zero GX? If you didn't play it, you probably won't recognize the names Black Shadow or Deathborn, but I imagine far fewer people recognized Roy and Marth in Melee.

Sonic would be a good fit too with Sega's games being on the Virtual Console. There are plenty of gamers around that remember the wars between Sega and Nintendo... Mario vs. Sonic marketing would be huge.

Anyway, I'm disappointed in the lineup already if these are the only new characters... and they'll probably cut some that were in Melee while they're at it. I didn't like Melee's lineup either. Too much Pokemon, Roy and Marth were unknowns to practically all American players, Samus was poorly done, and Ganondorf's moveset felt wrong.

Pic for all those that don't wanna click the link
supersmashbrosbrawl20060510074.jpg

Also, I just read a rumor saying we may also see Sonic, Rayman and Crash in this release.

Edit: The source just updated itself by adding Mega man to that list.

Mario vs Sonic vs Crash would be so damn increadible, it would have solved so many arguments from when i was young...

If this has nintendogs in it (which, btw, arent actually nintendo characters, they're just NORMAL DOGS) i absolutely will not buy this game, as it would be embarassing to own. The graphics look nice but certainly not overly impressive. The backgrounds are downright atrocious.

SMB is fun but cmon now...its obvious this game has to go online and there's tons of new characters they could add besides snake. Keep it nintendo, you're opening the door to thousands of other characters who aren't the original purpose of the game. Snake would hardly be in my top 20 for non nintendo characters to see in SMB.

Didn't Metal Gear start out on the NES? :confused:

Edit: Nevermind, quick google solved the problem.

Spaceman_Spiff said:
If this has nintendogs in it (which, btw, arent actually nintendo characters, they're just NORMAL DOGS) i absolutely will not buy this game, as it would be embarassing to own. The graphics look nice but certainly not overly impressive. The backgrounds are downright atrocious.

SMB is fun but cmon now...its obvious this game has to go online and there's tons of new characters they could add besides snake. Keep it nintendo, you're opening the door to thousands of other characters who aren't the original purpose of the game. Snake would hardly be in my top 20 for non nintendo characters to see in SMB.

It's in early development... got pushed back to 2007
you can read about why here
http://www.smashbros.com/en/index.html
under how this game came to be

the nintendogs act like the pokemon from past games... they are items. It's going online and as for snake it seems kojima asked to have him added.

Spaceman_Spiff said:

You're *embarassed* of having dogs in a game? And you won't buy it based on that? :confused:

Spaceman_Spiff said:
If this has nintendogs in it (which, btw, arent actually nintendo characters, they're just NORMAL DOGS) i absolutely will not buy this game, as it would be embarassing to own.

yeah, they should just add some more of those serious elves, robot-suited blondes and mushroom eating italians so we look cool enough.

dude, snake and wario just killed me on the trailer. "Snake, where are you at, anyway?" ......"
snake ftw

Lukes Wall said:
yeah, they should just add some more of those serious elves, robot-suited blondes and mushroom eating italians so we look cool enough.

What, is the lab gonna pee (sorry wee) on you and the german shephard gonna take a crap next to you and make you step on it? I dont have to tell you it would be downright stupid for them to be in the game. Plus, the vast majority of people out there have never seen nintendogs, and they'd see it and be like "ummm....." and you'd say "no its cool, they made this game on their portable with dogs where you'd...uhh....nevermind." Dogs ARENT CHARACTERS. They're animals. Do you want want furbies or tamagotchies or whatever those things were in smb?

Nintendo characters are IMAGINARY. Dogs are REAL. There's your differnce. It has nothing to do with looking "cool enough."

Spaceman_Spiff said:
What, is the lab gonna pee (sorry wee) on you and the german shephard gonna take a crap next to you and make you step on it? I dont have to tell you it would be downright stupid for them to be in the game. Plus, the vast majority of people out there have never seen nintendogs, and they'd see it and be like "ummm....." and you'd say "no its cool, they made this game on their portable with dogs where you'd...uhh....nevermind." Dogs ARENT CHARACTERS. They're animals. Do you want want furbies or tamagotchies or whatever those things were in smb?

Nintendo characters are IMAGINARY. Dogs are REAL. There's your differnce. It has nothing to do with looking "cool enough."

READ MY POST THEY ARE ITEMS!!!! They jump up and block the screen.... jeeze man you can turn off items in the smash bros games so it's not that big a deal.

snake is a funny addition,heh. I would LOVE to see some sega characters like sonic, tails, and knuckles.

Why would people want crash in this game, he does not deserve to be in this game.

Crash is probably the worst mascot i have ever seen.

I have a hard time believing Crash would be in it. Sonic would be a more likely add as well as Mega Man...but no Crash.

Back