Solid Copper RG6 for me?

Rustic

Limp Gawd
I was hoping to get some advice if i need to run RG6 quad shielded solid copper or copper clad steel.
I have cox HD cable tv and cox high speed internet. i will be running 2 drops in a few rooms in my house and each wont be very far(less than 60 ft each).

so far i have seen (internet research) that one would need solid copper for 100 ft runs or more and if i had satellite.

would the copper clad steel be ok for gigabit internet and HD TV?

As far as I know, most of what the cable company uses is copper coated steel. They use RG6 for normal stuff and RG11 for long runs. Solid copper is what you would need for satellite.

It doesn't hurt anything but your wallet to go quad shield.
That is all I install when I need a drop, that way, I get minimal loss on cable and should they ever want satellite, the existing drop would work. It's worth it every time IMHO.

Get solid copper, it's not that much more.

Quad shield is optional unless the runs are wicked long.

As far as I know, most of what the cable company uses is copper coated steel. They use RG6 for normal stuff and RG11 for long runs. Solid copper is what you would need for satellite.

Only some shitty cable company is going to pull copper clad steel.

RG-11 only gets used for extremely long runs, you won't see it in a house unless is ungodly huge.

thanks for the input.

i was wondering what the cable company put in the ground from the street to my house. i know most companies would go the cheaper route.

if there is copper clad steel in the ground, would i benefit from solid copper?

Cable company's use copper clad, posts above unfortunately do not have their facts straight.

Solid copper will benifit you for useing the cable for component or CCTV applications.. you will see ZERO benifit in modulated signal as in Catv.

as for RG 11 its to stiff to bother with in house and it has a big bend radius it would be a tight fit in walls.

Your drop will be copper clad also.. if its longer it could be rg-11 depends on your company and the plant age

That will most likely be copper clad alluminium, and the reason they use copper coated `x` is the frequencies of signals they use take advantage of something called `skin effect` looky here

Back