Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back

ObscureTerror

Limp Gawd
I'm assuming this is the "SoF 3" that I was keeping an eye on a while back but eventually lost track of for a bit? How'd it get slapped together so quickly when SoF 3 was only just announced a few months back? Confused the hell outta me when I saw it this morning.

I'm wondering, since there are many older members here like myself from the SoF days, how many plan on getting back into the franchise? It looks like a graphically better version of SoF 2, which I remember playing for countless years in clans and with die-hard fans who could never let it go.

Here's a vid of the updated sick dismemberment still in the game, but with today's visuals: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/115669.html (which is what just got it banned in Australia, like everything else over there).

Anyone planning on getting back into the franchise? I know plenty of people who miss SoF 2 and were seriously hyped about an "upgraded" version of it, just because for years we've had such a blast with the originals.

No, there's no depth to the game, or the gameplay, but there was never supposed to be, truthfully... the over-the-top gore and action always being the main point.

So, just figured I'd start a thread and see if any old-school SoF-heads come out of the woodwork ;)

Sweet I haven't heard anything about but all I can say is it's about damn time. SOF2 was one helluva fun game online and single player.

Just because they only announced it recently doesn't mean they haven't been working on it for much much longer.

And yes, I plan on playing it. I liked SoF 1 and 2 a lot.

Sweet I haven't heard anything about but all I can say is it's about damn time. SOF2 was one helluva fun game online and single player.

No kidding, definitely about time. SoF2 was like a friggin' addiction.

Just because they only announced it recently doesn't mean they haven't been working on it for much much longer.

And yes, I plan on playing it. I liked SoF 1 and 2 a lot.

Yeah, I know, but it's not often (by any means) that a game is announced, then three months later hits shelves, so I was surprised as hell to see today that it's coming out on Nov. 13th. It just doesn't usually happen that way. Fine with me, though. The sooner the better.

man, hopefully this game won't dissapoint on the mp side of things. I'm getting mad sick of CS.

Neat, no one has done good dismemberment like the SoF series, will pick this up for sure.

Woohoo, I loved SoF 1 and 2!
It's too bad they can't do this kind of damage with the Source engine.

Can you imagine a flying toilet taking off the top of a Combine's head? :D

I'm going to be very weary about this one. I LOVED SoF2 and played it online fanatically. However, it is no small detail that this is not being developed by Raven Software. I will wait for the reviews, especially with all of the other good games to play this year.

Looks good. Shame they went for the "limbs fly off in all directions regardless of with what they're shot" approach.

Anyone else here think this game looks like a POS bagain 15$ shooter???

It doesn't look good at all and SOF2 looks to have more dismembermant than this. :confused:

I'm going to be very weary about this one. I LOVED SoF2 and played it online fanatically. However, it is no small detail that this is not being developed by Raven Software. I will wait for the reviews, especially with all of the other good games to play this year.

I have to agree with you. The first two games were fantastic, but everytime a franchise switches development studios you end up with a mediocre sequel.

Looks really good from what i've seen in the videos :). Hopefully its a good game :cool:

Isn't this going to be like one of those $20 games? lol

Looks really bad for the most part, not a fan of the whole dismemberment thing.

Isn't this going to be like one of those $20 games? lol

Looks really bad for the most part, not a fan of the whole dismemberment thing.

The dismemberment was one of the many fun things about the first two games. The weapons felt effective even down to the regular pistols and the games were just fun in general. The missions were all great and multiplayer was fun too. Hopefully this sequel lives up to the originals, but that's going to be difficult I think coming from another studio and different developers.

Back