Soldering Startup

Shadowarez

Gawd
Well it's finally Happening placed what seems like 15 order's for everything lol but sthiught I'd complie list of items iv got incoming to start this journey in repairing electronics and maybe even eBay repairs. Links to come as I make up the list.

1. BGA Socket Repair
2. Cpu Stencils
3. KAIWEETS Digital Multimeter
4. Tip Thinner
5. TS100 TIP T1-C + TS-ILS
6. Baseus 65W Fast Portable 3 Port Charger
7. PINECIL
8. FRIZNO 0.6 MM Solder Wire
9. ANNLOV 7 inch LCD Digital Microscope 50-1200X
10. BAKU BK-858A SMD Brushless Heat Gun
11. AMTECH VS-213-A-TF Flux
12. Low Melt Solder
13. Quick 861DW Hot Air Station Bent Nozzles 3mm
14. Premium Desolder Braid Wick
15. Mechanic Precision Tweezer
16. Qianli Ultra thin Pry
17. 3 x 50ml Needle Tip Bottle
18. Soldering Mat
19. Weller WE 1010NA

ill add the ventilation system once i figure that out for now itll be janky af including pics as items arrive

anyone in the buisness know what im missing as im starting out i want ti get the gear thatll help me in long run the digital microscope is basically fisher price lvl but the one i want from northridge fix isnt available yet when it is ill get a nice 1080p monitor for it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Awaiting more parts but what I got in I can now start the attemp at fixing pins on a 5900x I'll be using the pins from a dead 3200g to revive this cpu.

Attachments

• 1634951298834.png
    1634951298834.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 1633966843156.png
    1633966843156.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 1633966871737.png
    1633966871737.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 1637125328807.png
    1637125328807.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
can anoyone tell me from the pics of the pins do i need to remove hose parts as it looks like the pins didnt fully break off it looks as though there is still some pieces left over ill test this come tuesday on the dead 3200g but wanted to know others opinions before goin in and removing these ill straigthen the easier ones but the ones that are bent / broken ill replace.

Haven't done any amd cpu pins but I'm pretty sure you will need to remove the base before soldering on a new pin.

What I thought it really looks like the pin broke but left base behind I'll see what comes loose when I cannabilize the 3200g for pins

Really, either is probably fine at the given price point. I'd go with whichever has better local availability for tips/etc.

FWIW, I have the original FX888 (analog temp control dial) and it's been great for my hobbyist/home repair needs. I have read that the controls on the digital version are wonky. No idea on the Weller in that respect.

Either station will work just fine... The only advantage that the Hakko has over the Weller is the warmup time 20s on the Hakko to the Weller's 28s. As the above poster said use which ever has the better parts availability. I am more partial to the Weller but that is just me. I have been using Weller for years. Whatever you do though look for one that has analog temp control you will get alot finer control over the heat.

Thank you guys I'll go analog with this since my heatgun is also analog. Where I live availability is Amazon or eBay.

Have to watch vendors my local industrial electronics shop says Weller and Hakko counterfeits are commonplace online.

people are ravin about this thing. cheap enough that it might be worth a try.

https://pine64.com/product-category/pinecil/?v=0446c16e2e66

That is pretty slick, Looks like it would be pretty slick for smaller projects... I think I will order one and give it a try. I am pretty partial to my wellers and xtronic 4000 series soldering station but I am going to give it a go... I wonder what the warmup time will be, that is the only make or break deal for me.

damn lol well you guys got me first i got the pinecil (useless) then i got the Weller 1010NA, now i have a Hakku FX888D,

iv tried the pinecil i even bought the desktop power station the pinecil wont heat up past 23c -32c even bought a Excellway® 9-24V 3A 72W AC/DC Adapter nothing will make the iron heat up above room temp.

Last edited:
damn lol well you guys got me first i got the pinecil (useless) then i got the Weller 1010NA, now i have a Hakku FX888D,

iv tried the pinecil i even bought the desktop power station the pinecil wont heat up past 23c -32c even bought a Excellway® 9-24V 3A 72W AC/DC Adapter nothing will make the iron heat up above room temp.
I received mine... have yet to fire it up. I hope I dont have troubles with it.........

i ordered another one just incase the one i got is a dud and broke in shipping. the desktop power device is handy ill keep that just wish this worked bought special tips for this one too lol

i ordered another one just incase the one i got is a dud and broke in shipping. the desktop power device is handy ill keep that just wish this worked bought special tips for this one too lol
rtfm? its got a bunch of power/source settings....

none seem to do anything its set to DC power have tried the red usb c cable from the pine store, with the desktop power box, nothing tried the labtop brick same thing, watched the vids on it they seem to just turn it on and it works, mine on other hand acts like it cant start boost does nothing. i may infact have a defective unit if it doesnt wanna heat up with the different power inputs iv tried.

have you read the manual to learn how to use it correctly? its not just a turn it on a go. if you have, contact support. why would you buy another if its a dud it will be replaced.

this didnt need a pm

iv read over the Manuel a few times contacted support which directed me to a wiki which i tried and everything iv tried seems to be some sort of hardware fault as its clearly getting the power but refuses to heat up. i looked over the power settings tried setting auto temp to 320c boost 410c but for whatever reason once its in soldering mode it just sits there content to do nothing till it goes to sleep. no mount of poking round settings seems to make it want to actually start heating.

ok

i can gift one if they end up replacing the old one or may even have as a spare. have you ever used the solder wire with rosen core?

i can gift one if they end up replacing the old one or may even have as a spare. have you ever used the solder wire with rosen core?

Rosin core solder just has the flux in the core of the solder.... I prefer to put flux on the components and use silver laced solder....

ahh did some digging found that rosen core stuff i have this stuff from northridge fix shop where i went to get everything so far now i just need to find good quality solder and proper tweezers that have a strong enough tips that don't bend <> outwards when i try hold something small and solder inplace.

Finally got a universal stencil that actually fit the cpu work can resume soon on repairing the pins.

Last edited:
Back